Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream SPF 30

3.6

on 4/20/2013 4:59:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I just bought this in the color Light and I love it. It provides more coverage than BB creams and is definitely more hydrating without being greasy. It is also much easier to apply than most BB creams, which tend to be on the dry side and more suitable for younger skin. I generally don't buy Clinique products but I'm happy I decided to give this a try. Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

For reference I'm NC40 and wear the MediumDeep shade of this product. Straight out of the tube, these colors run d-a-r-k but once applied they sheer out very nicely and are quite forgiving. To be fair, I've only worn it one day so I don't want to jump the gun and remark about performance. I know many women have been waiting to try this and are questioning what shade to get so I wanted to rush post a preliminary review which I will update when I have a better feel for how it holds up.
Stay Tuned!
UPDATE: 4/19/13 - I've worn this CC cream several times over the past week and gotta say that I love it. The color match is really pretty good - maybe a super teensy smidge dark but the shade lighter than this is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too light so this is the correct shade for me. This CC cream looks natural, holds up beautifully and I get a full 10+ hours wear without any noticeable fading or oxidation (though to be fair, my skin is on the dry side so I can't speak to how this will be for oily/oilier skin types). I also love Bobbi Brown's BB cream just as much (see separate review) and don't know if the benefits of one outweigh the other. This is a solid performer!!

on 4/3/2013 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin. Clinique's Superbalanced foundation is my everyday foundation, but it doesn't last all day and needs several touch ups. I wanted something I could easily wear on days that I don't get home for 10 hours.

I ordered medium deep, which matches my skin well. In cooler weather, I need a thin layer of moisturizer under this. In the summer, I can skip the additional moisturizer. I apply this with my fingers and blend. I dust powder over top and it lasts all day with blotting once.

Pros: oil-free, color matches, SPF 30, light coverage that looks natural, lasts 8+ hrs. (with blotting), looks good in photos, not cakey, doesn't break out my skin

Cons: does feel tacky at first, does need powder to cut down the shine on my oily skin

**Edit: I love this for the summer! I wash my face, apply this, add powder, and finish with a little blush. Very easy to wear.