Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)
AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

4.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought Dan Kern's AHA lotion after reading rave reviews on the Acne.org website. I started using it a few days ago and I am totally amazed at how much my skin has improved...

I used to use ProActiv's Repairing Lotion, but it just wasn't doing much for my blemishes, so I replaced it with the AHA.

My skin has become noticeably smoother and more even-toned. Post-acne marks are fading more quickly. It's such a great moisturizer. It doesn't feel greasy. Just a little dab is enough for my whole face. It cost $16.11 on the website (excluding S&H), and it's a large tube, so the product it will last a long, long time.

Love the packaging. Standing tube with the cap at the bottom; easy to dispense. It comes out as a pale yellow. The consistency is like a lotion. Absorbs easily and quickly. I only use this at night since the glycolic acid increases photo-sensitivity. There isn't any noticeable smell; none that I can detect anyway.

But if you insist on wearing this in the daytime, don't forget the sunscreen!

I think this is a great, affordable AHA moisturizer. Will continue to repurchase.

on 8/3/2008 11:16:00 PM

When I ordered this AHA moisturizer from acne.org, I had high hopes. Everything I've tried from acne.org has been of good quality, and I knew that my skin responded well to AHAs. But even I didn't expect results this good. For the first time, I have been able to go out without ANY foundation or concealer, and I have to say, my skin looks FABULOUS. This stuff faded all my hyperpigmentation in about 2 weeks flat. No joke. And as long as I apply it every other night, my skin has stayed fabulously clear. I can't say enough good things about this stuff!

One note - it DOES cause my skin to peel quite a bit. I'd imagine those with sensitive skin to feel quite a bit of stinging, but on my skin (used to AHAs), I hardly feel anything. I just make sure to use this at night every other night, and the next morning, I use an aspirin scrub in the shower to get rid of the peelies. And viola - I have beautiful, clear skin like I haven't had in ages!

on 7/18/2008 5:51:00 PM

I have oily, acne-prone skin and this is a HG product! This AHA treatment is supposed to be used in addition to the regimen. I use acne.org's BP and then this. It is such a great product ... it smells great, makes my skin super soft, can be used as a spot treatment, keeps my skin clear, helps fade past acne scars, and I use it in replace of my moisturizer. Read up on it on acne.org and concider using!