Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder

Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder
De-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying PowderDe-Slick Mattifying Powder

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

New (2013) formula: Talc, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tricaprylin, Calcium Carbonate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Methicone, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minerale), Phenoxyethanol. [+/- May Contain: CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77007 (Ultramarines)]. Old (pre-2013) formula: Talc, Calcium, Carbonate, Tricaprylin, Oriza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium, EDTA, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower, Extract, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl, Palmitate, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) .

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

As much as I love all my little cosmetic toys, there's not much in my make up bag that I can honestly say I couldn't live without. Not until now, anyway. This powder is perfect. There is nothing wrong with it. The packaging is gorgeous, yet functional. The product goes on beautifully, does exactly what it promises to do and for a decent amount of time (6 hours plus). I can't see it on my face, and it doesn't make my skin feel dry. Best of all it's cruelty free. My hideous oily appearance is something I've always just dealt with, and now suddenly I don't have to anymore. I love this product, and I refuse to live without it. If UD EVER even think about R.I.P.ing this I swear to God I will not be held responsible for my actions. UD - you have been warned!

I LOVE this powder! It does an amazing job of keeping my skin from getting oily. I've had my makeup on since 6:45am, and it is now 8 hours later, and I haven't had to blot once! Normally, I blot every couple of hours, but not anymore. I was a little bit iffy about the product, because of the price, but it's so worth it. I applied my liquid foundation, then this on my t-zone, and finally my loose powder to set it, and I've been great all day! This powder is not cakey at all, and blends in perfectly with my skin. I highly recommend this product for anyone who struggles with oily skin, and having to blot all day.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This powder is amazing and actually blends with my super-fair skin. Doesn't cake or irritate my skin. Plus the packaging is awesome looking too with the purple skulls and such. :) Definitely worth the price.

on 5/13/2008 7:25:00 PM

I LOVE the packaging of this powder. They look so pretty when I take them out from the purse and I feel that everyone around me is just staring at my compact. I use a mini kabuki brush instead of the slim puff that comes w/ it. I hate it when my foundation tints the white puff and make them look dirty. The powder does a good job on mattifying especially on the forehead and nose area, but nothing that any other blotting powder/oil papers can't do. After I blotted, it was good for another 4 or 5 hours until I had to blot again. (my nose gets shinning the most) So, what I do is, after I finish my make-up, I would dust a little bit of these on my forehead and nose and that'll keep me matt til after lunch =) Overall, it's a good buy to me since I'm very picky on powders and I break out easily. This doesn't break out my super sensitive skin, keeps me matt, and the compact is too pretty to carry around than those oil papers.

on 5/14/2008 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

A while ago, I got some loose rice powder from Sally Beauty. I loved how it mattified my face but it was too messy to carry around in my purse and the applicator always deposited too much with bad white results. I thought of how wonderful it would be if something like that came in compact form. Urban Decay answered my prayers with De-Slick.

De-Slick does exactly what the name says. I can put it on, even without blotting first, and my face will look matte and be soft to the touch. De-Slick is matte complexion with no hassle. The compact fits easily in a purse with no mess. The applicator is decent so you don't have to carry something else with you. And it works so well that you don't have to blot (though it will help keep the matte effect for longer). I love not cluttering up my purse or having to do 2 or more things to lose the oily sheen. Plus, the compact itself is adorable.

The price is a little high ($28 if I recall correctly) but well worth it if you have oily skin.

on 5/16/2008 7:28:00 PM

Oh. My. God. BE users -- you know that feeling and look that you get from Mineral Veil? This is BETTER! By lunchtime, I get shiny, especially now that the weather is warmer. I pull De-Slick out of my makeup bag, buff a little on the trouble spots with a mini kabuki brush, and instant matte! It feels light as a feather. I apply it after my foundation in the morning and then touch up throughout the day as necessary. I just bought another to stock up, although I think it's going to be a while until I need it. I've been using it for about 3 weeks now and the compact still looks brand new and full. Love, love, LOVE!