SKII Facial Treatment Essence

SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.5

I got this as part of a BzzAgent campaign. I almost wish I didn't sign up for it as it works wonderfully and yet so expensive. I am noticing my forehead wrinkles specifically are much less prominent than before I started using it. It doesn't clog my pores either. All the hype is worth it.

Many people swear by this as their holy grail product, which is made with the by product of Sake making, which is called pitera. This product is definitely a cult classic. To be honest, with all my experience using this product i've never noticed any positive benefits, but certainly haven't had any negative either. I would just find it too funny if all this product was was a bottle of $100 mineral water... My more detailed review is below.

Not sure what it did. Such a waste of money

I've been an avid user of this essence for 4 years ever since I turned into 19 yrs old. I never missed a day using this essence in the morning and night. It is actually very common for first time user to experience purging for the first few months. I personally purged for about 4 months and after my breakout calmed down. Now I only got hormonal acne that is not preventable by skincare. This essence restore hydration to my face (combination oily, dehydrated, sensitive, enlarged pores. Whee) and it soothes my skin right away. I can't tell you how much i love this. It's not a product that will reverse aging, but slowed it down. That's why you can only see the benefit if you used it EARLY in your life. I got no wrinkles in my face (except few fine lines under my eyes). I know I'm still young but friends of my age tend to develop worry line and smile line already.

Pricewise, yes it is not a cheap product. But I always get this in pump bottle and it is much cheaper to buy it in Asia. That's why I always buy this when I travel home.

Packaging: Why bother with the glass bottle? Get the pump bottle. Want to travel? If you buy it in SKII counter, they always give you travel sized fte.

on 6/10/2017 3:29:00 AM

There is nothing in this except Pitera, ie. yeast. It's proven to do nothing. So if you want to succumb to marketing and pay $100plus for yeast, go for it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used up 1 & decide to switch to the pump bottle which is more convenient to get the product out& control how much product to use. The product is over priced but it lasts for a long time, nearly 6 month for me. The product is not too miracle in short term use but after constantly using for two years, my skin is much brighter& healthier. It might not effectively anti age to people with more mature skin I think but for much younger one, to brighten& hydrate.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Seriously???? The 5.4 ounce bottle of this sells for $225 (plus applicable taxes, which are not inconsiderable) in Canada. And for what? I got a points perk sample of this and maybe for 50 bucks, I'd purchase but not for almost 5 times that price. Even at $50, I honestly don't see what is so exceptional about this stuff. The ingredients sound harsh and almost "toxic" (I know they're not but butylene glycol sounds almost like that butane stuff for lighters and creme brulee torches!) Honestly, you can get better toners from Clarins or La Roche Posay or better essences from Shiseido and Laneige, and all for a whole lot less money. This stuff doesn't do any more than products from those other brands. I'm glad I got to try a tiny bottle (ha - it's probably $50 worth, in terms of SKII's pricing!) so I could try this out and see for myself that it's really nothing special or magical and certainly not worth the hefty price tag.

I did not have good luck with this product. I am just shy of 40 and have a full face regimen that was working for me but I wanted to add this product to get that Kate glow. This made me break out. I started getting clogged pores in places I never do like my outer cheeks and forehead as well as in my usual spots. It's strange that it did this since it basically water but it was the only new item in my routine. If did actually give me a glow but the breakouts made it not worth it, which is why I gave it 3 stars because I do believe for some people this would work. I can't bring myself to push through the breakouts because my skin was pretty smooth and blemish free before trying this so I don't believe it was "purging."

I love this product! My skin had never really gotten problem but I see that my skin is getting healthier. The price is just overly expensive, but I love this product do to my skin. I've been using this for the past 3 months and I love it. I would repurchase this product, because it's my 4th bottle.

on 6/1/2017 7:52:00 AM

Would love to buy again but WAY too expensive!!! feels so refreshing and left my skin feeling moisturized all day.
Oh well!