Palladio Rice Powder

Rice PowderRice Powder

on 4/18/2016 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This powder is a personal HG product. It keeps me matte for half the day, but even still doesn't leave me looking like a complete ball of oil. The packaging, however, is the most annoying thing ever. There is a tape around the box which is a little hard to remove because it does not completely come off (there might be some glue residue left behind), and once you do get the box open, there is a film on top of the holes were the powder comes out. I tried to peel it off as slowly as I could, but the filter just came off and powder went everywhere - the reviews weren't kidding when they said packaging was a bitch. Not a deal breaker though, still my favourite powder to set my face with.

This is an extremely mattifying powder so if you're someone who has normal/dry or mature skin, you need to stay away from this but for oily folks, this is perfect. Especially when worn over a more natural/dewy finish foundation. Dusting this over an already matte foundation (e.g the loreal infallible or estee lauder double wear) is going to be too much and can look a little cakey but if you have a natural/dewy finish foundation that you love but want to extend its wear, this powder is perfect for that! I pair it with my Bourjois Healthy Mix and this powder prevents me from looking like an oil slick a few hours later.

However, the packaging is awful. I only opened half of the sifter and still the powder gets everywhere! The lid also opens quite easily. I really wish that they'll improve their packaging. Even loose powder don't have to be this messy.

on 1/29/2016 11:33:00 PM

BLEH. It smells extremely mature. It is literally pigmented baby powder to me. I don't really care for this product, save your money and buy a better powder.

on 1/24/2016 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

HG powder. It's cheap, available locally at Sally's, and keeps my face shine-free all day! I have very oily skin around my T-zone, and this prevents me from looking like a lightbulb. The powder itself isn't too fine or chunky, and the Translucent shade doesn't leave a white cast on your face or make it look ashy (as long as you don't pile it on).

The packaging is the only thing that bothers me, but the problem is easy to fix. The case flips open but doesn't close completely, so don't lift it up by the lid, or else the powder will spill out. The little foam pad that comes with it is pretty useless, so I use my kabuki brush to apply the powder and spread it out. Just make sure that you get the right amount of powder on the brush, and you're set!

on 12/21/2015 3:10:00 PM

At first I tried this powder on it's own. I got the shade warm beige and it just oxidized a couple shades to dark on its own. Now I started wearing it after applying UD Naked, which I need to set or it just doesn't look right on my skin. That being said once I set it with this powder it looks great! Not flawless, because who am I kidding, I have acne prone skin, with large pores on my cheeks and some on my nose and I have trouble with hormonal acne on my chin. I don't use the powder for touch ups because I won't put this in my purse, the packaging is just horrible!

Normally I hate powders btw, they just never worked for me even with my oily skin, they would go from chalk powder face to oily tacky cake face within a couple hours. If this one works out, I am thinking of getting it in a shade lighter to see if I can wear it without applying a liquid foundation first.

I haven't test the flash back or used it long enough to see if it clogs my pores/causes a breakout or reaction because I haven't been wearing it long enough. Once I do or if I stop using it I will update my review.

on 11/24/2015 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Did not work for me. I was only after a couple of hours and this product is so messy.

on 11/15/2015 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have a hate-love relationship with this powder. I like how it works because it doesn't break me out, it has a medium coverage, it's matte and keeps oil under control. On the other hand its packaging can be horribly messy, I waste a lot, but the worst thing is its strong smell. I can't stand it, it's like baby powder and doesn't go away.

Finally a powder with NO SHIMMERS! This stuff is definetely matte. I got translucent and I'd say it has neutral undertones so it should work with both warm and cool. However it's also quite light and I'm more or less NW15 and this matches me perfectly so if you're darker, I would get the next shade darker. I've swatched many, many powders low-end and high-end and they all have stupid glitters/shimmers/sparkles which looks cheap, juvenile and ruins the concept of being matte. No titanium dioxide either thus more photogenic. The box is a little over 2x2 inches that has the lid open and close like a compact (I thought the whole lid would come off but one side is attached to the base thus flaps open kinda like a book). The packaging is what drew me towards this product the first place: a vintage 1930s Chinese calendar girl (NOT a geisha). All those trigger happy folks complaining that it's "racist" or "offensive" to have the Asian woman on the packaging: it's not racist or offensive at all. People complain that things are not multicultural enough and when there is one up like this packaging there are ignorant complaints that it's racist. Let's not drag race into everything shall we?

Back to my review, the scent is heavenly: it's not too overpowering and kinda reminds me of Chinese herb shops but in a good way and smells old-fashioned which I LOVE. Overall if you're looking for a matte loose powder w/o shimmers and a sucker for vintage packaging like me, go get it! I feel like I'm back in Old Shanghai when I use this and the pretty box sitting on my vanity table.

Edit: I realized the lid is taped on the base so you can either leave it or carefully peel and cut the tape off the lid. But I'll leave it on.

on 5/13/2015 11:23:00 AM

This powder is amazing. I have dry/oily skin, I get oily but my skin is highly sensitive and powder makes it feel super dry and cakey. This is the only powder I use, it's light, controls oil and feels amazing. The packaging isn't the best but for how great this product is I don't mind. It's pretty inexpensive so I would recommend everyone try it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Love this stuff! I have super oily skin and have been using this as my setting powder in the color translucent (I'm very fair, and this doesn't add any color to my skin). This really helps control oil throughout the day better than any other powder I've used. There is a slight fragrance but it isn't too strong. The packaging isn't an issue for me. If you have oily skin, buy this powder!