Sonia Kashuk barely there loose powder in flesh

Sonia Kashuk barely there loose powder in flesh

4.4

Naked & Flesh: Contains: Talc, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Polyperfuoromethylisopropyl Ether, Calcium Stearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Chromium Oxide, Chromium Hydroxide, Red 30 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake.

Disappointed, as this did not work for me at all. The container itself was probably my main concern with this-if you ask me, it's very cheaply made. It left a huge mess all over my vanity. The coverage left me looking a bit shiny, and I was surprised to see that in the light it was also a bit shimmery! I have combo/oily/sensitive skin, and the last thing I'd expect from a basic loose powder is shimmer! I want matte coverage, not something that will add to an oil slick! For the price, you don't get a lot. I ended up swapping mine. I'm not a fan of SK makeup.

on 7/15/2005 9:50:00 PM

The reviewers were right. This is a great powder. Finely milled, non-irritating, great value for the money and the perfect shade for me. It also takes forever for me to finish one. However, I've noticed that the size is now smaller so it may not be as great of a deal as it used to be.

on 5/31/2005 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have oily medium Asian toned skin and this powder kept my difficult skin matte and but it didn't match my skin tone as well as i would have liked. This was my first time buying this brand and I am very satisfied with the results. I use the powder over my Bobbi Brown smooth skin foundation in Natural 04, which had the tendency to make me skin look shinny after a very hours.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

As a former lover of this powder I decided to write this review. But somthing changed after i started buying it, i went one night to my local target to pick up my powder and almost fell over when i finally saw it. The size went to less than half of what it used to be, and got $2.00 more expensive! I would not of minded a dollar or 2 price hike, if the size had not got so small...i mean its SOO little powder in there when i saw it I didn't know weather to cry,because i had loved it, or laugh because it's so ridiculous! Needless to stay I found a new powder, It was more the point of it, trying to now charge me,like, quadruple for the same thing I bought last week for 8.00. Just doesn't feel right to continue purchasing.Still gets a 3 because the product itself is good..although not worth the price

on 3/26/2005 12:55:00 AM

This stuff is kind of expensive for low end and for the measly amount you get at $10 . . . but itís comparable to any high end loose powder. First off, Iíve never used a powder so finely milled and soft. It just disappears onto my face to set foundation and minimize shine. Secondly, itís a perfect skin tone match for a variety of tones. No chalkiness about it! And what I like is the ever-so-subtle touch of shimmer in the powder to add a realistic sheen to the face! I hate completely matte powders that impart a ďdoneĒ look on my face. When it comes to skin make up, I prefer realistic and light. I am glad to have bought this lovely product!

I bought this because of the great reviews I read here, and am glad I bought it! It is definitely a product I wouldn't have tried on my own, because I was initially skeptical of a store-brand. My skin is so evenly toned after using this!

on 12/22/2004 1:27:00 AM

This light weight powder feels nice and looks lovely. I am a NW20 (FFF) and this was a perfect match for my face. The powder is fine milled and goes on easily with my SK powder brush - what a combo! It does not look blotchy on my face and it lasts throughout the day (which is a plus because I do not like to apply the "face" part of my m/u throughout the day). It does not settle into the little fine lines I have. And, the best part is that it is the first loose powder I have found that actually matches my skin tone - others turn my face orange or make me look sickly ...... This stuff works great even when I don't want to wear foundation ... leaves my skin silky smooth and flawless in appearance. This layered over my foundation makes for a perfect appearing complexion! There is nothing special about the packaging. It is cute with the typical silver lid that SK uses. I purchased this in January and still have about half of it left ... which means that if I only spend $10 every 6 - 10 months than I feel like I got a deal!!!

on 11/26/2004 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

The quality of this powder is the best I've tried, but it's just way too expensive for how much you pay for so little and this color doesn't suit my medium Asian skin tone.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This powder is literally "lighter than air" and provides a gorgeous satiny finish. If coverage is what you're after, you probably won't be happy with this, but it does a great job of controlling oil while still looking natural. I have medium skin with golden tones (NC 30) and this powder blends beautifully and "disappears" on my face (a definite must for me!) Lots of people complain about the packaging, but I really like the screw-top lid, which is deep enough to catch stray powder from your brush and travels really well.

on 9/10/2004 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Really enjoyed how fine milled it seemed. I enjoyed how it covered. I like that is was almost free from sent. I enjoyed using this .