L'Oreal HIP Loose Pigment- Unashamed

L'Oreal HIP Loose Pigment- Unashamed

4.7

I love this eyeshadow, it goes on very smooth and easy. The color is beautiful, it goes on bright and colorful. It also last all through the day, I would compare this eyeshadow to MAC high intensity pigment shadow.

This is the HIP Pigment color I got compliments on right away. I used it over my MAC paint pot e/s in Bare Study with the HIP liner in Eggplant and black liner near my lashes with Teddy liner along the lash line and right below smudged. I have received quite a few compliments on my eyes when I use that combo. As a color this is a beautiful shimmery complex mauve color. It seems to have a coppery shimmer that comes out as well. If you use a light hand this can look different on the surface of the eyelid and create a very pretty look. I like the color a lot. I LOVE the brush that comes with it. Easy to apply and nice consistency. Overall a very nice color. The favorite of all the 4 I had bought at ULTA's Buy One Get One Free sale. I'd buy this one again.

on 3/29/2009 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a purplish, deep burgundy color--looks exactly on the eye as it does in the pot. The application was easy, not a lot of castoff, easy to blend, long lasting, and as far as I can tell no creasing. Those were the pros, the cons is (only one so that's like a pro in itself !! LOL) it is exactly the same price as a MAC pigment!!! Outrageous, I know. IMO, only worth it if it's BOGO--at least with MAC you can return it if you're unhappy with it, can't say the same for these DS mu!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is truly a beautiful color that actually looks true to the pot! No chalking, easy to blend and it makes a bold or subtle look however you use it! This is a gorgeous purple/plum that just shimmers in the light. I was a bit hesitant to apply it, because it was so glittery on the brush, but once I applied it on my lid, I fell in love with it! I've been hunting down for a beautiful purple that didn't look more like a mauve or blue. It looks like a purple-y wine color. Worth the buy. <3

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Got this pigment a long time ago and never used it since I was a bit intimidated by the sparkly, glitter-like quality of the product but I wore today and it looks amazing!

the color is a deep purple, kind of bright but not too bright. It's an intense purple - I guess I'm having a hard time describing it but it's quite beautiful.

It's definitely loose so you absolutely need a base for it to stick on.

I love it!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Love this pigment!! This is the first color I have tried but I am definitely looking forward to trying their other colors. The shade is sooo pretty, a purpley wine color. the pigment does look intimidating in the packaging, it looks extremely sparkley but once you get it on your eyelids it is soo pretty and not too sparkley. I was so nervous to try this but I am definitely glad I did. Be sure to use this with a primer, as it is loose but definitely worth it. It can create so many different looks depending on how you apply it. Well worth the money I spent on it. :)

on 3/18/2008 3:36:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I like the shade of this, a purplely brown, and on my brown eyes, it looks lovely. It is shimmery, but not over the top--I would guess maybe much for daytime if you work in an office. I guess it would depend on your level of adventure! However, for a night out or a fun day look if, like me, you work in a place where you can be a bit adventurous w/your look. I find this easy to blend, even using the tiny little brush it's packaged with. A smokey eye is easy to get here, and it's maybe more unusual than browns and blacks for this! I just got it, so I don't know yet about staying power. Got it on sale at CVS, so the 7 bucks seems pretty good for a great shadow.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Another beautiful shadow from HIP. HIP is the best line for color in the drugstore. This is a pink/violet with gold reflect. To make it stay I put it over the HIP Pigment sticks in Perfectionist and Meticulous. Gorgeous!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I LOVE THIS COLOR! I also use the swirl, buff technique when applying it with the applicator brush it came with and it works really well for me. This is a really lovely purple/pink/brown that looks amazing with my blue/green eyes. I can make it very dramatic (night out with hubby) or very sheer (meeting at kids school). This lasts on me, and I have never had a problem with it creasing. I wouldn't say it is a shimmery/sparkly eyeshadow it is more of an irridescent effect...but it is gorgeous in my opinion. I also have this in INTREPID, and I use that a lot for a smokey eye, but this color is my favorite. A little bit of this product goes a long way, so price v. quantity isn't that bad. It comes in a screw top little canister with a sifter inside. I usually just shake a bit into the lid and then swirl my brush in it. I don't use these wet, simply because I find them hard to apply that way, but I know other reviewers like to wet them. You'd have to try that out for yourself and see how it works for you. In all, I would buy this again.

on 10/23/2008 5:10:00 PM

Unashamed puts MAC pigments to shame. If these were MAC and LE they'd be selling on ebay for over $50 that's how great and unique this one is. It's a complex, gorgeous sparkly mauvey/taupey/slightly plummy color, hard to describe but it's like an amped up version of Trax or Maybelline Sparkling Wine. I hope they don't discontinue this one.