MyChelle The Perfect C Serum

3.6

Ingredients Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, 17% Ascorbic Acid (L), Alcohol Denatured (Grain)*, Glycerin (Vegetable)*, Aqua (Water), Ergothioneine (L) (Amino Acid), Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate (Coconut)**, Xanthan Gum (Fermented Sugar), Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil (TocominŽ), Tocotrienols, Tocopherol (D-Alpha), 2% Retinol, Fructooligosaccharides (D-Beta) (NutraFloraŽ), Aminoguanidine HCL, Astaxanthin (BioAstinŽ), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Coconut)**, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), 5% Glycolic Acid (Sugar Cane), Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Lipids, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil*, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil*, Citrus Paradisi (Pink Grapefruit) Peel Oil*, Beta-Carotene (D) (Plant), Red Wine Extract, Glucosamine HCI (D) (Rose), Sodium Chloride (Salt), Polysorbate 20 (Plant), Sodium Hydroxide (Salt), Benzyl Alcohol (Plant) (*Certified Organic, **ECOCERT Approved/Accepted) 5/7/11

When i first bought this product, the serum was a clearish yellow. After about a couple months, the color had turned a lot more yellow with bits of orange in it. My effective and overly expensive product was oxidized. Throughout the web, it is stated that L-asorbic acid is more harmful than good when oxidized, so i tossed the rest of it out. It's a shame i couldn't wait to see if it even worked.

The perfect C serum is my HG. Within just a few days of use, I noticed visible decrease in my acne and my scars and hyperpigmentation. I use this serum in the am after cleansing with the fruit enzyme cleanser and follow it up with the fruit enzyme mist and the pumpkin renew cream...My skin has never looked so good...
LOVE LOVE mychelle

edit-They have reformulated the c serum and the pumkin renew cream gave me cystic acne :(

I really like this product. Used in conjunction with other MyChelle products, my skin has transformed. My one and only complaint is how expensive it is for such a small amount. I would purchase this product again and again, but unfortunately I can not always afford to do so.

I like the fact it absorbs quickly and doesn't leave the skin feeling greasy or tacky. It hasn't inflamed or irritated my skin, it's just that I haven't seen any improvements either. My skin is no more refined or brightened than before I started using it. Plus I dislike the smell on application (smells vinegary to me!)

I so wanted to love everything in the MyChelle line but I guess it was not meant to be. I started using the Perfect C Serum to see if it would help with sun damage that is starting to appear. I used it diligently for the better part of a year and saw no change in the spots, in fact they seemed to be getting darker. My skin seemed to take to it just fine, but I saw no changes either positive or negative. After a while I got tired of spending so much for such a small bottle and quit using it. In the weeks since, I have noticed that my sun damage spots have actually lightened! Now I'm just annoyed that I wasted the money.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

One of the few Mychelle products I don't love. I think rather a complaint for this particular product, it's my skin that doesn't like Vit. C serums in general. This clogged my pores and irritated my skin-albeit a mild itchiness, but still enough to bother me. Was lovely to apply though as it sinks in quickly to a satin, non-sticky finish. No offensive smell that lingers past initial application either. To fellow sensitive skin gals, try this with caution!

The first time I bought this product, it was actually on sale! I put it on my face and it was like a 5 alarm fire! It burned a little but was okay later. The bottle says use 2 pumps but I backed down to one and was just fine. A few problem areas on my face peeled when I first began using it but even after the first use I was AMAZED! This product did do it all for me! My lovely adult acne disappeared, my pores shrunk like nobody's business, and my skin became smooth, clear, and dare I say luminous!? (I wouldn't use too near the eye area though; the skin is too delicate.) I repurchased the other day, not on sale but I still consider it to be a bargain for what it does! I will happily repurchase because my skin is in love and it shows!! : ) Oh, and it does not burn to put it on anymore. It feels like water going on and soaks right into my skin, not sticky. This product is too wonderful to pass up, try it and be amazed!!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Hi Everyone! I just bought this yesterday from Whole Foods, and when I went to use it, the serum came out orange in color. Does that mean it's oxidized? This is my first vitamin c serum purchase, so I'm not sure what I'm looking at. I've read on the internet that color indicates oxidization. Thanks in advance for your help.

One month later . . . I'm adding this to say that I LOVE this product!!! Kristi responded to my post by calling the company and emailing me with their reply that this serum is amber in color. THANK YOU SO MUCH, KRISTI!!! Anyway, Perfect C has lightened my freckles and evened out my complexion like nothing else. A friend of mine saw me after I stepped out of the shower at the Y (no make-up on), and asked me what I'd been doing to my skin. She said that my face now looked like baby skin! I told her that the only thing that I had changed in my routine was adding this Perfect C serum. I ended up giving her the rest of my nearly empty bottle that night so that she could get it right when she ordered it. And I ordered a couple more bottles for myself. Interestingly, the first pump out of the new bottle was clear. No color. The second pump was almost clear; there was a very slight, slight yellow tinge.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This came in a small sampler I got for Christmas.
My primary paranoia is large pores. Although C is primarily used during the day, the manual said for an intense night treatment, put the Revitalizing night cream on after. So I did. I put a lot of the Serum on. I waited for it to dry, then I put the moisturizer on.
In the morning, my pores were non-existent. Even the craters of the right side of my nose were shrunk down to nothing, and they were unclogged. My face looked plumper, and so my wrinkles faded out. I was glad as I got to go to a dance Show that was full of beautiful people.

I was told on the boards that effect could last for 48 hours. So I did not apply retinol to my face the next night, I just let it be. This is 17% C. Using it during the day, I put sunscreen on last.

This is one of my favorite beauty products of all time. It keeps my acne at bay, helps my sun damaged skin from looking blotchy, makes my skin feel smooth (which also makes it a lot easier so apply makeup with out it getting cakey).
If you're fair skinned with sun damage or acne this is THE HG product for you.