Kuumba Made Amber Paste

4.5

labdanum resin

on 5/27/2013 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is a very sweet and resinous scent. Smells mysterious. Every time I wear this, I picture the woods on a fall day and roasting marshmallows near a cozy fire.

This is a very thick oil, so it comes with a little applicator stick instead of the usual roller ball. You only need a couple drops and the scent lasts all day and night. I think this would smell fantastic mixed with vanilla oil or lotion.

Oh! And men love this! Every time I wear this, my husband wants to nuzzle near my neck. And men are always asking me what I am wearing or sniffing the air around me in a puzzled yet pleasant dreamy way. LOL. Funny thing, I never get complimented on my higher end perfumes. This is also such an affordable price considering that you only need a couple drops.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Mmmmm. Yummy. Smells like campfire. Hot roasty goodness. Mixes well with sandalwoods and vanillas. I'm new to amber. Don't care for patchouli, smells like rotting dirt. This is different, still equally potent, but not quite as "dirty".

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is the only scent since (no, seriously) Bonne Bell Skin Musk that has had anyone actually snuffling my neck and saying, "YOU SMELL SOOOO GOOOOOD." I've been looking for years for an amber that wouldn't turn all salad dressing on my skin (and, uh, I don't see anyone comparing Amber Paste to the Serge Lutens fragrances but rather stating a preference, so settle right down there) and here it is! I only wear this when I'm going to be around people I want coming in for a closer sniff. Mmmmm.

on 8/19/2011 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Definately a HG amber for the winter - though i use in the summer as it is so irresistable more so in the evening!

My next fav is Auric Blends Amber which is more dilute in comparison but this also lasts all day on my skin. Whilst this is easier to apply, the Amber Paste is viscous and limited to a small area on the skin unless diluted.

To me Amber Paste is very spicy gingery clovey hot fragrance! It smells hot - temparature wise if that makes sense (as well as sexy hot)!

One day my mum used a dab and the man at the grocery shop looked amazed with his eyes wide open as though he smelt something divine and was on cloud 9! I witnessed all this whilst waiting outside in the car. Since then mum is addicted to it and finally understands my perfume obsession lol!!!!

Amber paste on my skin is a concentrated version of Auric Blends Amber on my skin.

Update: 27th July 2012
I am still in love with this beauty!! Smells divine when layered with KM Arabian Sandalwood and also with Samsara.

Eyes: Violet

OK -- the HONEST truth is the following: This is a very nice amber fragrance. I've been wearing amber for many, many years, and I assure you that I'm very well versed in the world of amber. This Amber Paste is a linear, pleasant scent. To compare it to a multi- layer, multi-textured creation of Serge Lutens is to reveal that you know not of what you speak. Ambre Sultan, for example, is a complex masterpiece -- to attempt to draw a comparison with Amber Paste is to discredit your review completely. This is NICE, but is doesn't have the depth and richness of Attar Bazaar's "Persian Amber," but for the price, you can't get hurt.

on 10/17/2011 7:44:00 PM

My first impression: "oh, what a horrible stinky stuff!!!!" But 5 minutes later I fell in love with it! So sexy hot and really addictive. My only question is, does anyone know how to dilute this sticky paste??? :( Anyway, I would purchase it again and make sure it never runs out...

on 9/17/2010 9:12:00 PM

When I was in high school, I once purchased a beautiful Amber oil at an imports store. It was a tiny dark bottle in a purple paper box, made in India; very hippie chic. Even today, on an old Tshirt from high school or an old hemp necklace I find in the attic, a hint of the resinous sweetness lingers. After finishing the bottle (14 years ago! I'm old!), I never forgot about that scent. This fall, being pregnant, I have been feeling grossed out by my usual fall scents; all expensive, all synthetic (even Clive Christian, Creed, Bond No.9). My nose can tell! So, I thought I'd go back to something more natural, and I started researching amber oils on makeupalley. I came across the reviews for Amber Paste last night, and I went to Whole Foods today. Let it be known, ladies; this stuff does not disappoint. It's fabulous, and just like the sweet, resinous authentic product I had all those years ago. I paid $9.99 plus tax at Whole Foods, and I agree with the folks below who say this blows Serge Leutens Amber Sultan out of the water! To personalize the Amber Paste scent, it also layers beautifully with any of the Kuumba Made musk fragrances; I tried it on one arm mixed with Water Goddess, on the other arm with Egyptian Musk, and both smell great! The search for the perfect perfume so often sends us fruitlessly seeking after remembered scents from the past; in this one example, I've actually found it again. My nose couldn't be happier!

on 1/25/2010 3:30:00 AM

This is deep rich and resiny, with a piney undertone. It could be sexy on the right person in the right circumstance but it's not me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

It's very hot right now, and I can not imagine wearing amber paste. When the leaves begin to change color, and the air smells like crisp coolness and fireplace smoke; I reach for Amber paste. This scent epitomizes autumn! It's sensual, dark, mysterious, rich, and complex. The cold air brings out the best in this scent. The first adjective that pops into my head when I think of Kuumba Made Amber Paste is "Sexy!" In warmer weather, I think this scent would be too heavy. My advice - try this as a fall or winter scent. A little dab is all that you need and it really seems to have excellent sillage.

on 8/20/2010 3:14:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

This is one of the best ambers I have ever smelled--and I've smelled Montales, Ambre Precieux, and other expensive niche scents! Amber Paste is very resinous and sweet, but also dry at the same time. It smells exotic, rooty, and pure. I absolutely love the scent. However, the very thick consistency of the oil/paste completely grosses me out and takes forever to dry on my skin, so I never really use it. If this came in spray form, it would be an HG for sure.

Popular Fragrances