Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

3.7

on 6/17/2009 2:43:00 PM

This has been the best find for finishing powder for me.Magic just adds that touch to finishing up make up. It does not settle into fine lines. Does not add heaviness to foundation. Does not settle into fine lines. It is a super WOW product.

on 6/10/2009 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I am now using nothing but Illuminating moisturizer by Stila (no. 1 disc:( .. ) the Sunsheen liquid powder in Light and then a pink blush. My skin has never looked better -- it glows with no shimmer. I look healthy and that is sometimes difficult on an NC15 skin! I love this look for summer!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is bizarre. When I first got it, I liked it well enough... although it seemed a bit cakey on my fave over makeup. Now that I've had it a few years it turned into a weird orange-y substance that is only about half the volume of the original amount. I guess perhaps I didn't have the lid on tight enough? Anyhow, it's and scary... and there's much better illuminating powders on the market (many by MAC). I won't repurchase.

on 6/8/2009 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This powder is great for those who have dry skin but still want to 'set' their make-up or who find their noses become unflatteringly shiny like me. I've used it in the lightest 'translucent' shade for years because it works so well, it doesn't emphasise lines, it diminishes pores until they disappear, and it adds a pearly gleam. I am not that keen on the pearly gleam as in strong sunlight it can build up, but that is nit picking, this works so well for me and I love it. So what if it cools the skin that is a bonus in the summer but it has far more to offer than that - if you remember to keep the lid screwed on well that is - if you have dry skin and want to know that your face wont melt off your make-up, or with me concealer, this works beautifully, I even use it around my eyes sometimes to give eyeshadow a base to cling to and last longer. This may also work well for oily skin as it does conceal pores, and mine are open on my nose, but with this they become invisible.

Other powders make me older - like a route map this just looks good and not dry or cakey, conceals lines, pores, it's great. As it's translucent it gives light coverage but I don't want coverage from a powder. Before I used this my mother (and others - sigh!) always complained about how dry my skin looked and that she wished I didn't use powder as it made my skin look older, dried up and awful. Now no-one notices my powder, I just get told I've lovely skin, enough said!

I noticed another reviewer has said quite rightly it can sometimes, when brand new stick into little dew like balls on the skin, is that the moisture in it - the coolant? I don't know but after five years of using this it doesn't bother me, a few days use and the product drys out, stops cooling and applies perfectly. If you get this problem, which I've only noticed occasionally, just leave the lid off for a day or two and it will work superbly and improve and enhance the look of your complexion.

on 6/8/2009 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

All I noticed was the cooling sensation. I needed to put on way too much to even see that there was a difference. I definitely got fooled on this one!

on 4/3/2009 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

When applied it feels wet and very cooling on the skin. It does not dry my skin like most powders can. I like the way this makes my skin glow.
I always get compliments on how good my skin looks when wearing this product. I only apply a small amount which is all you need to give your skin a dewy look...

Great stuff! I use a powder brush to apply this and it feels like liquid or maybe just a cooling sensation when you put it on but is a dry finish. It is supposed to draw attention from fine lines etc...I have had many compliments when I use this all stating I have a glowy look. I discovered this in the 1990's and just began using it occasionally again. This does not cause me to break out at all and only comes in Translucent so good for all complexions. They do have a magic powder out now that minimizes red tones on the face.

on 1/14/2009 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I am a bit late writing a review for this one but better late than never. This is a great powder and not similar to anything I have tried in the past. The phrase liquid powder was what really caught my attention when I approached the counter to check out this product. Not at all a liquid but a powder which is cool when applied to the skin.

I purchased this in Deep Translucent and it has been working very well for my skin tone. I use this on top of my Px liquid foundation but also La Mer and Laura Mercier and have been able to attain a perfect finish at all times. I have seen reviews on the internet where people add this on top of powder foundation for an added glow but I could not imagine using this over another powder product. This powder did not cause any clogging of the pores, acne or skin irritation. This is a great powder and definitely worth trying. Not cakey and definitely easy to apply. One should use a large powder brush.

I currently have so many powders that I cannot see myself making a powder purchase anytime soon; but this a product I would replace when it is finished if something better does not come along.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i agree that this powder does turn orange after a while. but i still remember that back in the days i started using this powder, i like the dewy effect it gives, and my face looks glowing in the photos, and it covers my pores and lines very well.

the downside of this powder not only that it turns orange, the brush that comes with the powder is of no use at all. i need to buy another powder brush that is big enuf just to apply the powder.

also, i bought this powder in mecca australia, it's way overpriced in australia, i think i would buy this again if i can get it at a cheaper price. now i'm trying on Lola, hoping that it can give me the same dramatic and dewy effect the Px magic liquid powder gives.

i, being more oily, am not the biggest fan of this product. it is 70% water but is NOT meant to be used as a setting powder because its purpose is not to set your makeup but instead to just give you a little bit of radiance. depending on how heavy you wear your makeup, it can sort of grab onto your makeup under. the most important thing when using this product is to make sure that you are using a synthetic brush as it is sort of water-y and will not lay nicely on the face.

dont get me wrong.. ive seen it do some nice things as i am ALWAYS at the makeup counters, but not that essential! i like their Magic Cream or Potion better. I am a huge fan of bare escentuals bare radiance or featherlight to get a nice glow!