Bath and Body Works Sweet Pea Body Spray

Bath and Body Works Sweet Pea Body Spray
Sweet Pea Body SpraySweet Pea Body SpraySweet Pea scent by Bath and Body Works

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This used to be my favorite scent, but then I got sick of it. The smell is so STRONG and last for a while, and over time.. it start smelling a little too artificial. So yeah.. I wouldn't buy it again because it's just too overpowering.

on 1/6/2013 11:35:00 AM

I have to admit I'm surprised at how many good reviews this has. I really don't like this product at all. At first, it smells fine so I would put it on and go to school. Soon, the scent changes to a gross smell, like shaving cream, and you can't seem to get rid of the shaving cream smell. Definitely would not recommend, and will not repurchase.

on 12/23/2012 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

i love this smell. it is one of the most popular ones at BBW, and it seems that many own it! :)
it has made so many different items of this smell :)

on 10/24/2012 3:15:00 PM

Love Sweet Pea I have a travel one in my bag right now. Whenever I want to feel fresh I spray this. It's a great scent that really won't offend to many noses because it's not super sweet it's beautiful light and fresh. I use this when I need something on me cause I don't like not smelling like something.
It's not my daily fragrance but one I do use a lot especially at the end of Summer this scent just was so perfect in the August heat.Now that it's Fall I am using a light musk but I have to give my love to this scent. When I go to B&B my nose can get really confused with all the scents.

Not sweet pea though it's always one I can discern from the others. I will always buy this from Bath and Bodyworks it's a great scent to have in your bag or whenever you need a nice light scent. It's a nice pump bottle too so you only need a spritz or 2 to smell great. Too much of anything is no good so you don't need to go crazy with it. It does last a good amount of time which is another plus.

I even have the moisturizing hand sanitizer because I love it so much. I really recommend this.

on 10/24/2012 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutly love this sent it is very light and pretty and it is soo amazing!!!

on 10/24/2012 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this for spring/summer!! It is the best for a light overall fruity, flowery scent. This one can be applied all over, since it's not too strong. Smells very sweet and pure. Highly recommend for younger people, I'm not sure that older women would like this as much.

on 9/26/2012 12:07:00 AM

Fun and fruity scent. I will never grow tired of it :) Last as long as you would expect any body spray. Name is kind of odd though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got the new fine fragrance mist kind with the new packaging, and it's great~ The smell is nice and light, but sweet <3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a Classic! I love this smell so much! It brings me back to my childhood and it reminds me of my mom. The scent is perfect for a summer day. It is light, girly, and floral. It has okay staying power, but when layered it lasts much longer. The formula has changed a bit over the years, but I still love it and will always repurchase it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Bath&BodyWorks Sweet Pea Fine Fragrance Mist is their newly reformulated body spray, in one of the brand's most loved scents. Bath&BodyWorks also updated their description of Sweet Pea, calling a "fruity floral scent that evokes the intoxicating, floral infused breezes of the Mediterranean. I purchased the travel size version of this body spray for $3.34, on a 3/$10 deal. The regular retail price for the mini version is $6 for 3fl oz, the full size, 8 fl oz bottle is priced at $14. Bath&BodyWorks is a cruelty free brand, and make their products in the USA.
Along with the reformulation, Bath&BodyWorks have also repackaged their fragrance mists. This makes me sad. I really liked the old packaging. It was minimalistic, plain, but chic. The new bottle is round, and made of transparent, hard plastic. Sweet Pea's bottle is a gradient, darkening from clear, to yellow, to green. The bottle features a bright pink flower, a more stylized version of the same Sweet Pea flower on the older bottles. There's another, lighter pin flower on the back of the bottle. It's a pretty details.
The clear plastic spray mechanism displeases me. It's pretty hard to spray. Much harder to use than the spritzer on the old bottle. I'm not sure if it's defective or if they're all like that.
Having been renamed "Fine Fragrance Mist", I was expecting the spray to come out in a finer spray (obvs). It does, much finer, so fine that it's almost a dry mist. It doesn't give the skin that wet feel most body sprays do. Not sure if like.
I'm not sure if Bath&BodyWorks reformulated the scent of Sweet Pea along with the body spray. It smells very different from the three other Sweet Pea products I have (shower gel, body lotion, pocket bac). Bath&BodyWorks lists Sweet Pea's scent notes as sweet pea, watery pear, logan berry, rhubarb as top notes, cyclamen, raspberry, and freesia as mid notes, and musk as the base notes. The Sweet Pea I know and love is very fruity, heavy on the pear and rasberry, with a light floralness. Its bright and happy, with a slight sourness to it.
The new Fine Fragrance Mist version of Sweet Pea is quite different. It smells heavily of alcohol when first sprayed on. Despite being a dryer body spray, it takes a long time to dry down from the alcohol to the actual scent. This isn't a problem I've ever had with any body spray brand. Once it does, I would never peg this scent as Sweet Pea. I asked my mum, who is admittedly not a Bath&BodyWorks aficionado, to smell the body spray, and compare it to the shower gel and body lotion, and she agrees that they smell nothing alike. So it's not just me having an olfactory failure.
Instead of the happy, light, fruity floral scent I was looking for, the "new" Sweet Pea is a heavy, sugary, musky, and very alcoholic. Actually the longer I smell it, it smells like a house hold cleaner or the like. Do not like. Really I should take it back. This has to be defective, that or Bath&BodyWorks secretly changed the scent, if so, man the pitchforks.

You know what else is real about about this new Fine Fragrance Mist? The lasting power. I can give myself several good spritzes of Sweet Pea, and not be able to smell it an hour later. Lolwat. Because of how often I need to reapply, I've gone through quite a lot of Sweet Pea already. Like I've gone through nearly as much of Sweet Pea in a few weeks, as I have gone through Midnight Pomegranate in 5 months, and I wear it nearly every day.
I have so many issues with Sweet Pea's Fine Fragrance Mist, none of which I ever had with any other body spray, especially one from Bath&BodyWorks. I'm really, really unhappy about this. I expect better quality from this brand. I'm considering taking this product back, and I definitely plan to talk to someone from Bath&BodyWorks about it. Has anyone else had bad experiences with the new Fine Fragrance Mists? Or did I just get a bad bottle?

Popular Fragrances