Coconut Milk Hair Mask

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/4/2007 10:28:00 PM

I tried this today and REALLY wanted it to be amazing (as I was rinsing out I was imagining gleeming shiny hair), but I was totally dissapointed. I used Coconut Milk from a can. I poured it into a plastic snap lock bag and left it in the fridge like member Jojoba suggested in her notepad, so that it would firm up becuase of the evaporation of the moisture. I left there for over a week and it did not change its state at all. Perhaps this only works if the coconut milk is from a carton. Anyway I poured the runny milk all over my hair and massaged in so that every strand was covered. I covered my head with a shower cap and left for two hours. I then rinsed out (By the way - does anyone else find that when they do hair masks etc, that quite a bit of hair falls out? I do, it is so annoying, I hate feeling loose hair sliding on my body in the shower, ich!), shampooed, lightly conditioned the ends and then blow dried. I did not see the gleeming hair I was imagining! :-( My hair is lacklustre, a bit frizzy and quite lank to be honest, and I know I washed all product out. I have long 'virgin' hair as my hairdressers call it (no dye etc) which is very healthy for reference. It was quite a dissapointment, I so wanted this super cheap alternative to a hair mask to herald amazing results, but it just didnt. I will try again with coconut cream to see if there is any difference. I cant find coconut milk in cartons anywhere near where I live, but will check out some asian grocery stores to see if it brings better results than the milk from a can. I do not mind that this didnt work, because it cost next to nothing, but it would have been great if it had. I will persevere with other coconut products.

Fantastic, ultra-cheap remedy for dry/damaged and color-processed hair! I find coconut cream (easier to use than coconut milk, in my opinion) at my local Asian grocery store for only 99 cents a can! A can easily lasts me a few uses. The cream is much easier to work with than coconut milk, as it spreads easier and stays in better. If you heat your hair, make sure to use a protective cap, as the cream will "melt" and start to get runny as it gets warmer. I do recommend (like the previous user) that you use this on dry hair instead of wet hair. I just rinse it out and give my hair a full shampoo in the morning. This leaves my hair so moisturized and gorgeous that I don't need to do anything but just dry my hair - no finishing cream or anything, it looks beautiful as it is! One of the best beauty secrets I've found here so far.