Physicians Formula CoverToxTen50 Wrinkle Therapy Foundation

Physicians Formula CoverToxTen50 Wrinkle Therapy Foundation

2.8

on 4/3/2008 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This isn't a real review because I bought this product today and haven't had a chance to use it. I got it for 70 percent off at Rite Aid (all the Rite Aids in Nevada are closing so there are tons of great deals) . After I made the purchase, I realized it does not contain any SPF. Sun causes wrinkles, right? So you would think that an anti-wrinkle foundation would have some SPF in it. Nope. If i had known that I never would've bought it. The reviews on here sound terrible; I'll probably just use it as an emergency backup type of thing if i run out of my regular stuff..which has SPF.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Ok, I am a sucker for makeup products with anti-aging ingredients. I knew better but I bought this anyway. First the packaging it is in is terrible. A tube of foundation with an attached applicator is oh so unsantitary. But even if it did not have the attached brush, the foundation still looks fake no matter how I apply it. Gives little to no coverage. The pictures on the packaging are great. Look at the results you will get in ... 10 minutes!! And then after 10 days, you will be a new person. Absolutely nothing happens to my skin from using this. The active wrinkle fighters used in this are hexapeptide-6 and vitamin C both of which degrade rapidly. Which makes me ponder why this is in a tube that always stays open due to the attached brush. ( yes, you can put the lid back on the brush but the tube opening is still getting way too much air exposure. Worst purchase I've made in a year.

I got the color in Sand Beige and bought this when summer was just starting. It was a little bit darker than my usual NC30/35 color, but it was perfect for the summer. Towards the end of my bottle, the color fit perfectly.

Even though I do not have tons of wrinkles, I got this because all of my other foundation at the time would settle in harsh lines, making me appear older than my actual years. This product did what I wanted in that aspect.

I think this product helped my skin from getting too darker. I actually felt my skin get a little lighter.

I kinda wished I had gotten the Wrinkle Therapy Powder, but I'm a student. I already had a good bottle of powder sitting at home and didn't need to spend money elsewhere, but I wonder if that would helped set my makeup better?

I bought this only because it was packaged with the concealer that I wanted to try, well the concealer is nothing note-worthy, but this foundation has some benefits. the first time I tried it, I hated it. It was too thick, the applicator worked horribly, and it seemed to make my pores look huge! I wasn't leaving the house, so I left it on. Ten minutes later, I looked in the mirror and any creases or wrinkles I had were "plumped". Now I have learned to use my Laura Mercier foundation on my entire face and just squeeze a tiny bit of this out of the tube and apply to problem areas, such as the "11" on my forehead and my marionette lines. It is not a miracle product, but for anyone with slight creases, it seems to help.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

DRYING!

Skin: Oily, Other, Neutral

EDIT. I no longer use this foundation and have reverted to my favorite Maybelline Stay Pur powder foundation instead. After giving this a break for awhile, I tried it again and realized, even when applied sparingly, how incredibly mask like and "made up" it looks. Please disregard everything that I wrote before. When somebody asks you what makeup you're wearing, and doesn't say....."you have nice skin", you KNOW it's not a good look. Still use the L'Oreal mineral glow loose powder mentioned below as my blush.....a dead ringer for BE clear radiance, and actually apples much more evenly.

I agree that the packaging of this foundation leaves a lot to be desired. But if you use just a TINY bit of this foundation, I think the results are terrific. I am in my fifties, have good skin, and this makes it look even better. In fact, a woman I've known for years and who has never commented on my makeup actually asked me what I was wearing because she said my skin looked so even toned. I top it off with L'oreal's all over mineral color in either nude glow or pink glow, used as blush. I'm quite fair, so I chose the "classic ivory" in this foundation. . If you squeeze just a bit on the brush and then put your fingers in the product and apply it to your face with your fingers, being careful to MOISTURIZE first (I use Banana Boat Sunscreen), I think this foundation does a good job. I'm pleased with it, and I think part of the problem with this foundation may be if you're using too much.

on 4/29/2007 7:56:00 PM

So far I like this product. I've tried a lot of foundations and find most of them have problems, but I have pale skin and look very bare and unpolished with nothing. Plus, I have some days that I really seem to furrow my brow, although I have few wrinkles and I'm in my 40's. I bought this after having one of those days. I find this product really does relax my involuntary muscle contortions. I also use Freeze 24/7 on problem areas, but this foundation does more. It is thick, I'll give you that. I use just a drop or two on my whole face. It and it really lasts. It covers almost too well, as I like to see my natural skin texture. However, it makes my skin look more 'pillowy" if that makes any sense and smooth but not shiny. I wear a lot of sunblock and most foundations are too greasy (who determined that everyone over 25 has dry, dry skin. This is an urban myth). This one goes on feeling like it will be greasy, but it firms up and I don't find it to be any more mask-like than other foundations with medium to full coverage. I've checked it in several light conditions and outdoors and it doesn't look shocking in any of those conditions. At first I bought Classic Ivory (very light, yellow) on the advice of a clerk at ulta. I thought this would be too light and it was. I next got Buff Beige (light and neutral). This matches really well. I'm about NC 20, but most NC 20 foundations are too yellow and it ages me. Now Physicians Formula needs to come out with a thinner consistency with the same concentration of GABA. The packaging is weird; I use the brush just in corners that are hard to reach. EDIT: Still wearing this almost every day. Went on a vacation and noticed no difference in this product in outdoor light. the dumb brush fell off, but it is easier touse now because there is a small stem the foundations goes through. however, it leaks but only inside the cap. Other foundations are definitely not as lifting and plumping as this one.

on 4/29/2007 9:49:00 AM

This has to be one of the worst, if not THE WORST, foundations I have ever used! I'm in my mid-40s and thought I could benefit from this foundation. Instead of smoothing out the fine lines and pores, it only accentuated them, making them look bigger and deeper. And talk about a dry, pasty, cakey look! I always always use a very light hand with makeup, especially since I hit 40. I've found that lighter always looks better, but with this foundation, no matter how light I apply it, it looks heavy, thick, & cakey -- just absolutely awful. I tried applying it with every tool I had available to me -- the brush attached to the tube, with a sponge, my fingertips -- even my MAC and Valerie Beverly Hills foundation brushes didn't help! Using over primer didn't help either. Once again, I fell for the unique concept and packaging that PF is famous for and was once again, I was majorly disappointed!

I am a fair skinned/olive complected combo skin having freak when it comes to foundations.

Having hit my 30's I started to notice fine lines and wanted to start doing all I could to combat them as well as hide and or correct dark eye circles that are inevitable in being a mother.

I picked up the foundation and the concealor and used them both today for the first time. I wanted to wait a couple of hours to see how it was wearing etc. before reviewing.

So far so good! I have had no issues with facial "freezing" or caking(I made sure to use a good mouturizer underneath) and really didn't have any issues in application.

The tube didn't leak near the brush, and I found taht when using it the same as you would any foundation brush presented no issues.

All in all I would say I would 100% repurchase.

on 7/15/2007 10:20:00 PM

It has been off the market for a long time now, but CoverToxTen50 sort of reminds of a foundation once made by Coty called Chronologix. I bought this PF foundation in Buff Beige and it's the perfect color for my skin tone. Use this product sparingly, otherwise, it will emphasize your pores and wrinkles rather than diminish them. A small amount will go a long way. I think it covers nicely. I dislike the packaging. When I squeezed out the foundation, it leaked around the edge of the tube. The brush that is attached to the tube is useless, but as far as the foundation itself, I like it. Just use a light hand.