Revlon Golden Affair Sculpting Blush- Rose Rapture

Revlon Golden Affair Sculpting Blush- Rose Rapture

4.3

on 1/16/2008 6:46:00 PM

I LOVE how it looks on. It really looks like a natural flush after you blend. However, I've got blackheads on my cheeks now ever since I've been using it daily!!! I have fairly nice skin too, so this is highly unusual. It's got to be the blush! It totally stinks b/c it really does look good. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm thinking about writing to the company.

on 11/23/2007 3:26:00 PM

I'm not usually a blush person, but I noticed the few times that I've worn it that I liked it, so I decided to try Rose Rapture.
The appearance of this blush is beautiful. As you use more and more of it, the look of it isn't as nice, but that's fine. I like the case as well.
I have noticed that, after a while, this blush seems a little too dark on me. When I apply it, I like the effect, but the last time I wore this blush, my mom asked me if I was too warm because I looked very flushed.
I would probably not buy this again, but I haven't found another blush yet.

this blush is so pretty! when you first buy it, you'll notice all the gold swirls, however after the first smear of a brush, that gold goes away and you're left with just a few circles of gold. the rose color is really nice too...its not too dark but not too pale. i have fair skin and it looks really nice and natural on me and gives a beautiful glow. it lasts for quite awhile too. the only reason i give it a four instead of a five is because of the packaging...the lid doesn't actually snap closed, but it just kind of hinges. it doesn't seem too safe to me in terms of staying closed like in a makeup bag or something like that.

on 8/8/2007 9:59:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Very nice pink color.. not too bright or pastel.. kinda like a medium rose. I wear this almost every day.. it's very flattering on my pale self.. hehe. I got Naughty Spce too and it's very nice as well.. but more of a fall color.... RR seems more universal IMHO.

on 7/10/2007 2:29:00 AM

Love the colour of this, and the subtle shimmer - the gold overspray disappears with one swipe of the brush. Great texture too. Is pretty over priced for a drug store brand.

on 6/1/2007 7:34:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

A nice warm pink for those days when I don't want a pink that's too girly! I like the subtle golden shimmer too...but I can't say that I'm so impressed that I would buy this again! It's not quite as pigmented as some other powder blushes I've used, so I need to apply a fair bit of this before I can see a difference.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This gets a 5 exactly what it deserves.I picked this up Color looked tempting and I liked the little gold swirls.I applied the blush on with my brush working towards the very right side stroking the color 2 x on each side ignoring if it swept the gold up or not.The results were capturing this did not come out drug store quality.The pink is undescribably beautiful.It looks like a pinkish-beige on yellow toned skin.It brightens the skin naturally.The gold seemed to act more like a light highlighter and not overly glimmery.The color was more plusher then the gold sparkles.
If you want to spend money on a good blush I highly recommend it. Opposed to what other reviewers hesitant opinions to give it 5 lippies.It could of been the brush that was used also.

Extra Note:As to what may have helped.Brush Choice.
I used a unique brush.I took a pick of a flat 1x1/2 inch wide ExtraSoft brush out of my Large Brush Collection that picked up the intensity of the color.