E.L.F. Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF15 - ALL

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/18/2013 10:23:00 AM

I received my very first Glossy a week ago and have been using it since that time. My thoughts:

Consistency: Sticky, but not unbearably so. I don't typically like sticky glosses, but this one is okay. Staying power is good.

Smell/taste: I loathe scented lip glosses. This one IS scented, but it's very mild which pleases me. I can live with it.

Coverage: Surprisingly pigmented. This is not a sheer gloss on me, but more like a light lipstick.

Packaging: Like any other squeeze gloss with a slanted tip. Not my fav (I prefer sponge tip), but not bad. Easy to control the amount dispensed.

This is a lovely gloss and I definitely repurchase. Price does not make or break a product for me, so while I love the low pricetag, I judge it based on it's performance not price. Absolutely worth a try.

I got this lipgloss today 4 christmas, and it was a great gift. the color i got was french kiss. it was dark berry. i love it. its a little sticky. idk what the price is hawnestly it was a gift! i would sooo get it again, BTW.

on 11/7/2012 12:20:00 AM

Goes on soft, not sticky, which for me is a lip gloss must. The colors are nice it's super cheap and smells pretty good.

Currently this is my favorite lip gloss. The only other one that makes me as happy is Alba Botanica Terragloss.

on 10/19/2012 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love these glosses. So far, I only have it in Watermelon, but the color is so subtle that it definitely gives a MLBB effect with loads of shine. The texture is thick and sticky which I prefer because a. it lasts a long time and b. it doesn't feather and settle into the fine lines around my mouth which can result in that revolting grease-mouth look that I despise.
Also, I find that when I remove this gloss, my lips are unbelievably smooth and plump. This gloss is ridiculously moisturizing compared to others that I've used.
I like squeeze tubes because it's less hassle and I can depot it pretty easily once I get to the end (just cut the tube in half and use a small plastic spatula to get the goods out) and they are easier to find when digging blindly in my purse.
I actually rather like the scent/flavor.
And for $1, how can you go wrong? I've used some $20 glosses that weren't as fun to wear, so the price is a huge selling point.
The holiday gift boxes are out at Target now, so I'm going to pick up the 3-pack of these glosses (and a few other items, of course) and I'm sure I'll love them too. Looking forward to the clear glittery one!

on 9/3/2012 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I got this lip gloss as a gift last year in clear. I'm not really a fan of lip glosses but this one I'm pretty fond of. Unlike a lot of drugstore lip glosses this on glides on smooth and doesn't leave my lips sticky. As stated previously, I don't like lip gloss but if you're a fan defiantly try it out. xx

on 12/15/2012 4:55:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this product in four colors: Goddess, Pink Kiss, Candlelight, and Party Peach. The colors are very pretty and gave my lips a lovely shine. They also smell really good and have a pleasant fruit scent to them. My only issue with them is that the formula is super sticky to me. I rarely use them because of how thick and sticky they are.

on 7/1/2012 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I really wanted to like these tube glosses and did like several colors, their texture, and variety of effects on the lips with the different colors. I like tube glosses and apply with a lip brush. I like a sticky texture. However the scent was a deal killer for me, an artificial chemical-plasticky-candy scent that permeated even the tube and made my entire bathroom smell like the gloss. I put the glosses into a new ziplock baggie and could still smell them. I just couldn't handle it. And I would prefer no SPF. Seems like a very chem-toxic product.

I like these glosses. These are cheap, available, good with a lot of color possibilities. The LE/seasonal packages are awesome with a great variety of colors in one package.

These are good for tube glosses. They are fluid, spread easily, give good color payoff, have a great variety of colors and are very inexpensive. While they aren't the most moisturizing glosses I've ever tried, they are pretty good to add to the quick-makeup repertoire. Great for what they are.

on 6/5/2012 6:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Read some really good reviews, and for the price thought it was worth buying a few to see. I bought juiced berry and honeydew. Both of which on the website looked like coral/pink colours. However when I tried them both on there is NO colour payoff whatsoever! They just look like I'm wearing clear lipgloss! Very disappointing, the formula is very sticky and its got an artificial grape smell, which I don't mind but I can imagine some people must not like it. I also have maltshake, which i love the colour but it burns my lips. Would not bother wasting 1 on this, save your money and buy a better quality brand.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I own two of these - one in Goddess and one in Angel. I really wanted to love these but they're just OK. For me the consistency is just too thick and a bit sticky, although I might try applying with a lip brush to sheer it out a bit. Adds a really nice shine to my lips which does last. Goddess is also a lot darker in real life than the colour swatch online, it's a much darker pink nude colour, but still nice. And Angel is a perfect clear lip gloss, which looks well over any lipstick to add a bit of gloss. Unfortunately I can't give it a higher mark because I never really reach for them, preferring ELF's Hypershine Lip Gloss, which although doesn't have as nice colours, the formula is better than the Super Glossy Lip Glosses.