Nemat International Vanilla Musk

Nemat International Vanilla Musk
Vanilla Musk

4.6

on 12/26/2012 7:08:00 PM

I randomly got this from Whole Foods and am so happy with it. It's more vanilla than musk, so it's good for anyone who likes the depth of a musk but finds stronger musks to be overwhelming. My problem with other perfumes is that the lasting power is usually weak and I also get bad headaches from some great smelling fragrances (esp. any from Lancome). This oil's lasting power is strong (and *seems to be getting more intense as the day goes on) and so far I haven't experienced any headaches yet.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This stuff ROCKS!!! I get a buttery vanilla with a sexy musk behind it. My new fav vanilla scent! I got this at Whole Foods and plan to buy more when I run out. This is such a wonderful scent! This is one of my two signature scents.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

OH MY GOSH. Best fragrance I've ever smelled probably. I put this on my wrists and neck and it smells wonderful. GAH. Buy it. Even though it's a tiny bottle, I've used it for about 4 months and only 1/3 of the bottle is gone.

on 5/13/2012 2:20:00 AM

Vanilla lovers everywhere rejoice. How Nemat is not more well know in the industry escapes me? Where are the magazine adds, where are the commercials. These oils are beautifully packaged little olfactory delights!!!! Vanilla Musk is the perfect gourmand vanilla, sweet without being candyish, delicate yet with all day staying power and the musk scent gives it that sexy, sublime edge that makes people stop and take notice. I adore this scent, but then again I havenít come across a Nemat Oil I havenít loved as of yet!

on 12/17/2011 9:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Ah, the smoky vanilla musks. I do love these and this one is an excellent example of that simple, warm blanket of a skin scent. Great pricing too.

I'm not a big fan of vanilla but I love this stuff. It's great on it's own and wonderful to layer with other scents. It can make a good scent great and a great scent divine. I especially like to layer this with Nemat Narcissus when I'm not up to the sharp edge of Narcissus. I love the cute little bottles, too.

on 6/14/2009 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very nice vanilla musk. Unlike the Ava Luxe version, it does not turn harsh and sharp on me (and why, I wonder, can my chemistry make this "roundest" of scents turn sharp?). However, it eventually gets too buttery to suit me.

on 1/9/2009 8:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this vanilla musk! To me, it smells just like B&BW's vanilla bean noel! It also has great staying power! If I apply some on my wrist in the morning, I can still smell it at night! I am addicted to this!

on 10/12/2007 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

As a vanilla aficionado who has been avoiding my toothachingly sweet vanillas lately, Maybe I decided that at age 50 I need to be a bit more...um... grown up? It's more like a split-open vanilla bean than a sugared vanilla, and the subtle musk keeps it just this side of gourmand. There is a sweetness, but it's not the least bit candyish or cloying. I picked this one up at Whole Foods, along with three other Nemat musks (Egyptian, Himalayan and White) and this was by far my favorite. I do enjoy layering it with the Egyptian Musk sometimes for a little added depth, but it is exquisite on it's own.

on 8/12/2007 3:11:00 PM

This is an Ok vanilla musk, as it has a tinge of plastic and an after-finish that smells like butter (something that works for some scents, but not for this one). I find the Nemat musks to be rather ordinary. I much prefer Kuuma Made's Vanilla Musk, as it has a soft almond note that manages to put the brakes on the sweet vanilla base. It's balanced much better than this mostly-vanilla fragrance.

Popular Fragrances