Clinique Happy for Men

Clinique Happy for Men

4.4

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is one of the best Men's pick-me-up scents ever. Such a turn on for me everytime my boyfriend wears this ;) This and Gio tops my list!

OT: Honestly girls, I don't see anything wrong when girls wear men's cologne/perfume. There's no law saying that girls are not allowed to wear men's cologne/perfume. There are actually some men's perfume/cologne which smells better than it's female version, and maybe that's the reason why some women use it. =)

on 8/10/2005 12:29:00 PM

My BF wears this and I like it very much--fresh with a hint of citrus. It's kinda unisex, w/o any particular "masculine" or "feminine" notes (e.g. leather or roses) I completely disagree with the reviewer below. Who says you have to limit yourself to what is decreed "for your sex"? If so, women would be limited to skirts, long hair and floral scents. I personally think it's hot when a girl wears a sexy leather/musky/spicy fragrance (and I don't necessarily want to make out with her either).

ETA: To the reviewer above--Sheesh. I'm not sure why you're so defensive about this. I really think Happy For Men is pretty unisex. Just b/c women complimented your friend on the scent doesn't necessarily mean that men didn't like it on her (in my experience, women usually compliment people on things like scent more often than men, anyway). My point was that fragrance isn't like pheremones or something--a certain note won't necessarily attract one sex or the other. It's a matter of personal preference. My BF happens to dislike floral/traditionally sweet feminine perfumes on me. I can take 'em or leave 'em. I don't think I'd like him to wear most women's perfume, but not b/c it's a turnoff necessarily--I just think most women's perfume is overbearing. Slightly O/T: My BF actually thinks that women's perfume-makers have it all wrong--we should be wearing scents like "Eau d'Beer" and "Barbecue Sauce, EDP" :)

on 7/12/2005 3:56:00 PM

This is a decent scent, unisex IMO, herbal and light citrus blend.

My boyfriend and I picked this out together one day while cologne shopping for him, and before we were going to go with the Hugo sport (his favourite of all, but I didn't like it THAT much), but I decided to visit the Clinique counter for makeup, and saw Happy for Men. I loved the smell of it...very fresh and young with a tiny hint of citrus. It resembles my boyfriend's old Versace Metal Jeans (MY favourite, but too bad they discountinued it) and I just loved it. He liked it a lot too. So he decided to go for the gift set with the cologne, the after shave balm, and the body wash. He really likes the after shave balm and told me he'd buy it again once he runs out.
It's kind of odd how women use this for themselves...but I guess this cologne isn't as masculine as most other cologne. continued >>

on 7/27/2005 10:40:00 PM

I like the smell but this is GUY cologne..what are u girls doing wearing this?????

If girls were Clinique Happy for Men,then that means they are gonna attract GIRLS, not guys, to their attention.

Guy cologne is made to attract Girls to the guys.
girl cologne is made to attract boys to the girls.

get it?

I liked this ... so light and pleasant! ... until I read somewhere that it contained an oyster note.

I got this for myself and it smells so much better than Happy for Women. It smells so bright and fresh and citrusy. Perfect for when you get out from a shower in the morning. Zingy and wakes you up. This has good staying power tooo and the base notes linger on in a very pleasant way.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I tried smelling this at Filenes and instantly I had to buy it. It's got a very citrus-y, clean, everyday scent that I just love. IMO its just so much better than all the all Clinique Happy's. I feel naked without wearing it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

When I wore Clinique Happy for women, my then fiance (now my DH) loved it so much & he decided to wear Happy for Men. I too, liked it so much on him. It's fresh, fruity but manly. I don't use Clinique Happy anymore, but my DH still love Happy for Men and I'm sure he'll use it again when I buy him one (but hmm .. I have my new fave now .. ^.^)

Soft sweet smell. Long lasting. Perfect for everyday use. CHEAP!

Popular Fragrances