KANEBO KATE Cheek Color

KANEBO KATE Cheek Color
KATE Cheek Color

4.3

Mica,Talc, 2-Ethyhexyl Palmitate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil, Methicone, 2 Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Silica, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain: CI 77019, CI 77891, 75470, CI 77492/CI 77491/CI 77499

on 4/6/2007 2:35:00 AM

Ive been stuck on this blush ever since I purchased it a few summers ago in Japan. Ever since, if Im not able to go to Japan myself, I find some other way to get it. It comes with a cute cute handy brush and the color is perfect - it isnt too heavy or dark. I also have sensitive skin, but this product has been wonderful to me.

***This review contains pictures of the product, please click continued to view the formatted version incl. pic(s)***

Kate is a Japanese drugstore brand by Kanebo only available in some Asian countries. They have a lot of great products, some of them being HGs for me (e.g. the liquid foundation, super sharp liner - which is the most excellent liner ever, some fantastic eyeshadow palettes etc.). Their cheek color is definitely worth being checked out, too!

Kate Cheek Color comes in the typical small black and clear cheap looking Kate compact. For some reason I like the way they look like but some might find it ugly.

There is a brush in the case that's surprisingly soft and usable (I use it for touch-ups or on travel). It's round, not flat like the standard brushes that come in blush compacts.

The texture of the blush is nice... quite finely milled with soft pearl sheen. There is no glitter so it's a great daytime blush.

Pigmentation is decent. All blushes show up well on my very pale NW15 skin. I am not sure how they would perform on darker skintones though. If you search for a highly pigmented strong color blush this might not be what you are looking for

Each blush actually has 2 colors in 1 pan but I just swipe my blush brush over the whole pan. It's just too small to try picking up the individual colors and after all both colors are the same, 1 is just a bit deeper than the other. You could try sculpting your cheeks with this blush but I am not sure how well this works

Each compact retails for about US$10 RRP (I got them however discounted for like US$8 or so) which is a good price for a nice product.

I didn't have any problems with this blush, no irritations or breakouts.

Currently there are 4 colors available, another brown blush was available but it wasn't pretty so i skipped it and it's d/c now anyway

PK-1: Pretty soft pink, for a healthy blushed look

OR-1: This is a nice not-too-bright orange shade that even I as a PPP/NW15 can wear!

RD-1: This is the newest color just released for fall 2006. It's a gorgeous peachy rose shade with a hint of mauve. Hard to describe the color. Please check the pic below

WT-1: This is actually a shimmery white highlighter. I love this because of the soft glow it gives.

As mentioned above i am a cool toned PPP/NW15 with brown eyes