Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor

Aphogee  Intensive Keratin Reconstructor
Intensive Keratin Reconstructor

4.4

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Behenamidopropylamine Behenatem Stearolkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cocodimonium Hydrolyzed Hair Keratin, Hydrolzed Mucopolysac Charides, Sodium Coco Collagen Amino Acids, Wheat Germ Fatty Acids, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Arachidonic Acid, Squalane, Avocado Oil, Acetimide MEA, Panthenol, Wheat Germ Oil, Jojoba Oil, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sulfur, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium 10, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium, Chloride Phosphate, Tallowtrimonium Chloride, Nonoxynol 10, Cocoyl Sarcosine, Sorbitol, Fragrance, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 9/12/2010 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This review is for the Aphogee 2 minute conditioner. This conditioner works wonders and is very competitively priced. In terms of protein condtioners, I have this and Aveda Damage Remedy. Both work well, but Aphogee wins out due to the price point. It is amazing what you get for your money with this conditioner. I don't use it as a "2 minute condtioner". I use it a twice a week deep conditioner. I mix it with EVOO, EVCO and peppermint essential oil and sit under the hair dryer for about 20 minutes. I follow up with a moisturizing deep conditioner and my hair is perfect. It feels both moisturized and strong.
If you are looking for a moderate protein treatment, head over to Sally's and buy Aphogee!!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I damaged my hair badly using the chi iron daily. This rescued my hair and I can always tell the difference in my hair when I run out of it.

on 7/16/2010 12:52:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I don't understand the raves about this product. I have fine damaged hair, from bleaching and ironing. First of all, it is very uncomfortable to towel dry hair after the wash as I am still in the shower just so I can apply this conditioner as per instructions. I mean, I have to take a towel into the shower and dry my hair with it, then apply this stuff, put a bag over it, and wait 5 minutes. After using it for a month, I haven't had any improvement in my hair breakage whatsoever, and in fact when I am using my Fekkai conditioner it makes my hair healthier than this one. I don't know how it worked for everyone else, but for me it is a complete waste.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

AMAZING product ...really is. I have tried so much on my hair and this one is one of the best. Make my hair soooooooo nice , soft and healty. Really HG.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I LOVE IT!!!! MAKES MY HAIR FEEL SO SOFT!!!!!!

on 7/19/2010 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Amazing Amazing, I have long 4b natural hair. I was having like a month long affair with a certain sexy flat iron. I had silky bouncy hair for the short term but definatly started to feel some roughness and breakage very soon afterwards. I had wanted to try the 2 step tratment but was way too scared of breaking all my hair off. So I decided to try this out instead. After even just one wash I noticed an immediate diffrence. Shedding has minimized to normal levels and I'm feeling my old softness coming back. Tip : Even thoughthe bottle says it should stay in for 2 minutes I left the heat cap on for 10 minutes. Maybe I'm crazy, but it worked for me. Also you must must immediatly do a moisturizing treatment right after or else all that keratin will make your hair hard.

on 5/14/2009 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I fried my hair by bleaching it and dyeing it many times. I started out with fine, long wavy hair and my worst problem was lack of body. Now I have fine, long, wavy hair that is brittle, dry, damaged and frizzy and breaks easily. I have been introduced to the brand new world of products for damaged hair. I actually saw this right across the aisle in Sally's from the hair bleach, and picked it up on a whim. The price is pretty low so I wasn't expecting much. Also, I was nervous when I saw that one of the first five ingredients is mineral oil... sounds heavy. But, at least there are no silicones. At this point I am willing to try ANYthing to avoid having to cut my hair very short. I was not expecting it to actually "repair" the damage I have done, I just want to be able to get a comb through my hair without it tangling up terribly! The results are pretty good so far. I use a lot of this and I use it every day, not once a month like the directions indicate. I also don't follow the directions that say to towel dry hair first (who has time for that in the morning before work>?) and to leave it on 2-5 minutes. I leave it on for probably a minute, maybe 2 at most, because I am always in a hurry in the shower. My hair ends up detangled and soft, and just slightly weighed down. I still use a leave in conditioner spray. I get less breakage overall. However my hair still feels so dry overall. This works better than most products but still the one that is working best for me (oddly enough) is DevaCurl OneCondition.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This is highly recommend for those who chemically treat their hair, especially those who relax and color their hair regularly. I only relax my hair and it is a cheap alternative to the Joico K-Pak shampoo and conditioner. I adore the smell it has, like coconuts. I used to use the Nexxus Keraphix but they reformulated it and it is not the same anymore. I use this 2 minute recontructor every other week because too much protein actually makes my hair brittle. But I definately use it after a relaxer touchup.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Makes a nice weekly hair treatment for my fine dry hair and scalp.

What it is: From the Aphogee website:
"This unique treatment is formulated with magnesium and modified proteins which fuse into the hair with the application of heat. The result is that breakage is drastically reduced. ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment is a salon service product unlike any product available for at-home use. During the process, ApHogee treatment hardens into the hair, dramatic evidence that something special is occurring. For best results a hooded dryer is required. After rinsing and moisturizing with ApHogee Balancing Moisturizer, clients are astounded with the results. ApHogee Two-Step Protein Treatment can help improve other salon services as well. This remedial process is highly recommended for hair that:
Is too weak or fine to take a perm or relaxer. (use the week PRIOR to service)
Is over-bleached.
Will not hold color. (use PRIOR to color application)
Breaks when combed or brushed.
Is mushy when wet and brittle after drying."

Why I love it:
I bought this product at the behest of the makeupalley.com hair board after pleading with them for a miracle product to fix my sticky, porous, brittle hair, a product of overuse of evil Sun-In while at the beach and daily heat-styling. My hair was damaged from the tips to four inches below the roots-- I would have had to have a bowl-cut if I wanted to cut out all the damage to prevent it from spreading further! There was no way I would allow this to happen.

Enter Aphogee. After shampooing my hair with Aphogee's Shampoo for Damaged Hair, I shook up the Aphogee Two-Step Reconstructor and generously applied the yellow, watery product with my hands. I used a wide-tooth comb to distribute it evenly through-out my hair, making sure the extra-damaged areas were thoroughly soaked. When my hair was combed into a position where I felt comfortable with it stay that way, I turned on my hair dryer with the setting on hot, but the fan on low. You do not want your hair to move at all once it starts becoming hard, as it may break more (although slight movements didn't seem to harm my hair). The heat from the hairdryer bakes the protein into the damaged areas of the strands. Once the hair can't get any harder (generally after an hour or two), rinse it out in the shower, and apply a very thick, deep conditioner. Leave in the deep conditioner for 5-15 mnutes with a towel wrapped around your head. Use the wide-tooth comb when you're rinsing it out to detangle it. Let your hair air-dry; don't heat-style afterwards-- give your poor, damaged hair a break-- and wait to see the miraculous change in your hair!

My hair was almost completely repaired! There is such an incredible difference in my hair that I can barely tell it was ever damaged. Its a little rough in the places that were incredibly damaged, but there was a 90% improvement in my hair. I'll continue using the product monthly until the damage has grown out enough to be cut off. I'd highly recommend this product to ANYONE with brittle or sticky hair that is prone to breakage. It brought my hair from the brink of disaster!

Where to buy it (and how much):
Sally's Beauty Supply or any other hair supply store for $19.99 for 16 oz bottle or about $5.99 for a 4 oz bottle.