Ulta Mineral Powder Foundation

Ulta Mineral Powder Foundation

3.2

Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Oxide, 2-Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methylparaben, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract.

I really like using this to set the rest of my makeup. If I use it as my foundation it tends to look cakey, so just a light sweeping works nicely.
Its not my favorite for oil control, so I would not repurchase. I also do not like the packaging, or mineral makeup much in general as it is messy.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I tried this mineral foundation in Fair 03, and found that to be too light for me. (I have fair skin, no real problems with breaking out, etc). I had bought a couple of the Fair 05 foundations when I bought the Fair 03, so I blended both colors together, until I ran out of the Fair 03, and used it up. The Fair 05 gives great coverage, and I usually catch it on sale. :) I work out a lot, and it does not sweat off, which is nice. :) I get a lot of compliments on my make up when I wear this.

on 1/12/2011 8:08:00 PM

Ugh. I have the pressed version of this. I usually use Palladio powder foundation but Ulta was out of my shade(as usual they were out of something I need). This was out on display so I figured I'd try it. It was about $12 and I had a coupon for $3.50 off. First off, the sponge you get with it sucks. The foundation itself is cakey and tends to seperate and look terrible quickly. My face got greasy. I can't recommend it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Wow this is great! This product is at a low price for a really great deal! It gives even coverage and lasts all day long. Never need to re!apply it

on 1/11/2011 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I didn't break out from using this foundation like others said they did, but neither of the shades I bought worked for me. First, I tried Fair 05 and it was much too dark and orange-y. Then I tried Fair 03, which was better, but almost too light. I think there need to be many more tone selections. I'll stick to Urban Decay foundation from now on. I usually love Ulta's products, but this is not one of them.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased the pressed version of this is Shade 03 because it was on sale for $2.99. It's a little dark for me, but I think that I could use it in the summer when my skintone darkens a bit.
It's a decent mineral foundation - a little powder, so you have to be careful, but it's definitely full coverage and usually I don't even have to wear concealer underneath it (and I have acne). I don't use the sponge, however, because I find it's just horrible.
Hasn't broken me out... yet. :)

on 3/17/2009 2:46:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love the foundation and it has come to be my HG. I actually love the mineral veil and wear a light dusting nearly daily. I don't wear the foundation all the time but the medium 3-5 is usually a perfect match for me when Ive been tanning (which is usually most of the year) and it hasn't ever seemed to break me out, contrary to many of the reviews I have read. The containers last me a pretty long time too. The price is also great for what I feel is a quality mineral product, not to mention Ulta runs great deals frequently on their line of cosmetics! I used their liquid foundation for years before finding this and now i will never go back!

on 3/26/2009 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I find this to be a good foundation, it does not look cakey and has pretty good coverage too. Though there is not a whole lot of shades to choose from (though there are enough) the shade seems to work well for a pretty wide range of tones around that color. (hope that makes sense) I think this is a pretty good foundation, and for the price it is very nice. This stuff makes a great concealer too. If you add a bit of water to some powder in the lid, it has great coverage. It also seems to last a while I think I had mine for about 4 months and I used it everyday.

I didn't like this foundation. My face got cyctic acne. Very painful! Probably because Bismuth Oxychloride is the number 1 ingredient. It is known to cause acne. It also made my face shiny and my pores look larger. It also contains methylparaben. Parabens in my makeup, no thankyou. I should have paid attention to the label.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I do not like hardly anything about this product.
It looks cakey and makes me look washed out with this odd blue-pink undertone which I still haven't gotten to the bottom of.
If you have any areas on your ace that are dry you might as well forget about wearing this because it will only worsen the look of the dry area.
I have freckles and I love them , so I don't like to cover them up, and this foundation just won't allow me to control the amount of coverage I would like which only adds to the cakey look of the product.
I rarely EVER get any sort of pimple on my face ever yet within the first few days of wearing this foundation I started breaking out all over my forehead area, I still have some of the bumps after not using this product for over three months now.
The ONLY thing I like about this foundation is the fact that I can use it as concealer under my eyes for the dark circles I get sometimes.
But that is it.
And for 14?
No thanks, I'll get a good concealer do that for me.
Honestly though, I am so over mineral foundation all together.
It's messy and inconvienant and overrated.
I would not reccomend this to anyone, because basically it sucks major ass.
In fact, everytime I even think about using this product the first words that come to my mind are yuck, and never again.