Cat Cosmetics Six Kitten Palette

4.5

I must admit that I lemminged this, and I was somewhat disappointed. The eyeshadows and blush and bronzer are all standard and serviceable, but not very exciting. As for the lip glosses, everything you've read here is, unfortunately, completely accurate. Let's just say that the gold gloss only got used when a friend and I decided to go to a hippie-themed party as the "goddesses of clubbing." These glosses are just too opaque and frosty. I think Cat Hickland may have had her head in the 70s clouds when she thought up this palette. I can use the gold gloss as a highlighter over other lipsticks, but the bronze one is just unusable for me (I'm very pale, NC15).

Also, the included brush fell apart--the head came out of the handle. For this amount of money I would just go for a NARS palette.

I use Cat's Six Kitten DAILY. I even find other people sneaking it (you know how some people go through you medicine cabinet out of curiosity, people I know check my make up Arsenal), mostly my mother & sister!
It has everything you need all together. It travels to the gym, to the office, on my "all-about" days whenever you don't know what to expect.
Perfect!
One little thing I'd wish for and keep planning to do though...in the winter, I hardly touch the bronzer (uber pale skin). I keep intending to put one of her eyeshadows or lip glosses into that spot... LOL

This is a decent palette, but like other reviewers said, basic, without any "fun" colors thrown in (for a girl cannot live with taupe and taupe alone...).

The surprising standout for me was the bronzer--having never used bronzer before (and being completely unfamiliar with the concept), I was struck by how it subtly defined my cheekbones, so perhaps I'm only using it as something to contour with, but what do I know, I've never used bronzer before. The color is subtle and hasn't turned orange on me yet, and I have oily skin. I liked to sweep some across my temples and along the sides of my face.

The Roar lip gloss is all right; it's a standard, opaque gloss. It's not an unflattering color. The blush was decent as well; not completely matte, but not overly sparkly (I don't like over-the-top sparkles of pretty much any sort), although I must confess that I like my Shu Uemura M Pink 31 blush better (they're similar, but the Shu is just prettier on me and lasts longer).

As to the eyeshadows... there are two split pans of shadows: the lighter "daytime look" set, and the "nighttime vamp-it-up look" set (the quotation marks are mine). Of the lighter set, there's a lighter colored shadow that's shimmery, and a slightly darker, more apricot-y matte shade. The light shimmery shade works fine as a highlighter shade but is a bit sparkly for my tastes; I like the matteness of the darker shade but it's a bit orange on me, which I do not like. I mean, I like the color orange, it's a happy color, but I don't necessarily want it on my face. As to the darker duo, the cola-colored shade (the lighter shade in the darker duo) is my favorite. It's pretty and matte and I don't have anything else like this shade. The darker shade is also decent, although I rarely use it. The texture of these shadows aren't as nice as say, Shu Uemura or Giorgio Armani (silky, silky, silky!!!), but they're definitely better than Revlon (of which I find hard, crumbly and dry). The lasting power is decent but not the best I've sampled.

What really kills me about this palette is the lip gloss duo: it's a frosty pink and a frosty gold. They're some of the most unflattering colors I've ever used--it is true, you can use one of them lightly in the middle of your bottom lip after you've used the darker Roar gloss all over to make your pout look fuller, but there's so much of this frosty gloss, and I'm going to get so little usage out of it! If the colors had just been more sheer and less frosty it would be less of an issue, but the amount of frost is overpowering. When I was reading about this palette and hadn't gotten it yet, I didn't think it could be this bad, but it was!

The case is decent: it's black and plastic and the mirror inside is large and across the entire palette lid.

Overall, I doubt I'd buy again. While I like some of the products in this palette, my strong dislike for some of the others overshadows my neutral feelings. It's a decent palette, but not spectacular. For something so large, I could pack a Shu palette and add a lipstick and have used less space but have more blush and eyeshadow options. continued >>

I have this palette and I just love it. I have also purchased other eyeshadows and lipsticks from this line and I have been very satisfied with each and every product. I use this palette alot no matter what other cosmetics I have on hand. I adore all the colors and I would most definitely purchase again.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is an awesome palette! The colors are universally appealing. The e/s quality is awesome, soft and very pigmented... The bronzer and blush also deliver good color. My only disappointment is the cat/mouse gloss as i am 48 with lines in my lips and these are a touch too frosty IMHO. Otherwise this is a great palette, packaged well and it will be awesome to travel with! All I need to bring along is concealer and mascara!

I love this palette Six Kitten. It has the best eyeshadows and lipgloss. The colors go with everything. From day to night.I little pricey but worth it. A must!

I love my Six Kitten and Cat Cosmetics in general! They are of great quality and look lovely and are so versatile. There is a lot of pigment in them across the board, so they are a good value IMHO. As for the post that stated that these can be obtained through Lady Burd, etc., those companies do NOT sell to the general public, so that really does not help us not in the business. I think that Cat's line is worth what we pay in any case!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

JUST GOT THE SIX KITTEN! LOVE IT! I was a little worried as I'm a fair/olive skinned brunette with brown eyes (Cat is blond/blue)...but these colors look lovely on me! So FRESH and CLEAN looking for day and easy to add drama for night. This is a new staple for me. AND getting it for half price in the "litterbox" makes it that much sweeter!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I don't know why it's taken me so long to throw in my 2 cents worth. I use this palette frequently, especially the bronzer and blush. The colors in this palette are very good for light skinned people (which is noted on her website, for darker skins the Cat Kit has better shades). I also got the customizable kit last month. I now have almost all her shadows and glosses. I read one poster's concern about the price, you really need to check her monthly specials for better deals. I got the newest kit for 20% off.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i just got the six kitten, and it has very quickly become one of my all time favorite whole face palettes (i even prefer this over my many nars palettes). on days when i don't want to think about my makeup, i reach for this palette b/ the colors are all very easy to use for either a sophisticated natural or dramatic smokey look. there are 4 eyeshadow halves: a matte light nude, a shimmery light beige, a slightly shimmery medium taupe, and a matte black. there's also a slightly shimmery warm pink blush, a medium bronzer, a dark red-brown lipcolor, and 2 frosty glosses (a light pink and a light gold). the quality of these products are fantastic - very smooth and well pigmented with very little, if any, fragrance. the only reason i give this palette a 4 rating is b/ i don't particularly like the 2 glosses; they're too frosty for me (almost silvery/whitish looking when used by themselves). they can still look pretty good when mixed together or layered over other lipcolors but i would've preferred to have two less frosty, more natural looking glosses (eg. a less shimmery pink and a sheer beige). however, overall i still adore this palette for its versatility and quality. it really works to enhance your features, rather than draw attention to your makeup colors. the palette case is also very nice; it's sleek and sturdy with a big mirror and an included eyeshadow brush (pretty decent quality). i have light asian coloring but i think this set would work on anyone with light to medium warm or neutral coloring. this palette is definitely worth the price. cat cosmetics also has absolutely wonderful customer service, and i will definitely continue to try out their products. note: the wells in the palette fit prestige e/s pans perfectly (stila pans are a little smaller) so i will put in a favorite prestige e/s when i'm almost done with the glosses.