Philosophy eye believe - deep wrinkle peptide balm for eyes and upper lip

Philosophy eye believe - deep wrinkle peptide balm for eyes and upper lip

3.1

on 5/29/2008 4:03:00 PM

This is a total luxury product in my opinion - it is not meant to replace an eye cream. However, having said that - I love this stuff. It feels soooo good going on and makes your skin feel like velvet - it absorbs well and doesn't intefere with eye makeup. It does seem to give a "temporary" fix to wrinkles but nothing lasting. I apply Nars Multiple in Copacabana over it under my eyes and it gives me a nice glowy effect. I don't use it on my lips as Aquaphor seems to do the trick for me and is much cheaper. Not sure I can keep shelling out $30 on top of my eye cream money but it is a very nice product (for under the eyes).

Love this stuff! It shouldn't be worn alone because it isn't a "moisturizer", it's a balm. It leaves my skin silky smooth and ready for eye cream and concealer. I used to get concealer settling in lines under my eyes even though I'm in my 20's and have minimal signs of aging around my eyes. When I use this I get no settling of concealer and everything applies much smoother sans tugging on the delicate eye tissue. It is a bit inconvenient to use (two steps instead of one), it adds to my already too complicated routine but I BELIEVE it's worth it:)

on 12/8/2007 9:05:00 PM

I use this combined with Philosophys other eye cream. Just put this on first, then thed other. I love it. it feels like velvet. I also use this on my lip area, then follow with Hope in a Tube,

on 12/8/2007 9:07:00 PM

I use this first, then Hope in a tube on top. I use it on eye area then on lip area. It feels like velvet.

on 2/28/2008 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a decent eye cream and feels super velvety, but I didn't see it do anything for fine lines and no brightening effect at all. I do like the tube packaging, very sanitary. Not a great product for $30.

on 2/14/2008 6:14:00 AM

This is an OK eye area moisturiser but certainly no miracle. It does hydrate but doesn't do anything for fine lines. I wouldn't buy this again, for that reason.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I was not impressed. I wanted to like this. I saw all the rave reviews and ordered it from Sephora right away. It's not a bad product but it's ridiculous to pay $30.00 for a tube of silicone. That super sleek smooth feeling is from pure silicone. It doesn't do anything long term for the skin. It's only temporary like a primer which fills in things for a short time. I prefer Isomers peptide delivery system. I wanted something super moisturizing and yet gentle for the eyes to use on top of Isomer's serums (their serums are to die for but they don't do much for moisture). This made my eyes itch a bit and it felt like all I was doing was smearing silicone under my eyes (which is pretty close to the truth). The $30.00 price tag is utterly ridiculous! It wasn't even that great of an under eye primer which I wanted it for as well. This is going back to Sephora.

on 10/26/2007 1:36:00 PM

Great product! I use it day and night under moisturizing creams. It makes any cream perform better. Gives the skin luxurious velvety feeling.
I am very surprised about some negative reviews! You should NOT use this treatment as a moisturizer. And yes, the first ingredient is cyclopentasiloxane (silicone) that acts as a "carrier," allowing product to spread smoothly and easily, providing a silky, luxurious feel during application and it is commonly used in cosmetics. In fact almost EVERY skin care product has it under the name of Dimethicone!
But most of the active ingredients in this treatment are peptides and retinol. It is all good for your skin. Be careful though if you have an allergy to retinols.

on 10/2/2007 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had read this was a great product, so I bought this - my very first eye creme.

After three days, there was a slight flaking below my eyes - I figured maybe I was putting on too much, and it was residual creme flaking off.

After five days, I noticed a mild burning sensation when I dabbed it below my eyes, and thought that maybe I was just getting a little too close and the product might be getting into my eyes.

On the sixth day, I put my face right up to the mirror to be extra careful my fingers weren't getting too close, or accidentally getting the product on my lower eyelashes. And then I saw it - when I applied slight pressure to pat the creme in, my skin was cut, right where the fine line under my eye was. I checked the skin below the other eye, and there was a cut there too!

Instead of moisturizing, this creme dried out my skin so much, it was cracking at the lines! I stopped using the product immediately, and my skin healed itself in a couple of days.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Bought this last year together with dark shadows illuminating eye and upper lid cream last year during promotion.

The balm itself is kind of oily when put on the eye, but then it's fine after it's absorbed by the skin. The skin is really smooth after applying this. It can help a bit with the fine line at my undereye area but the line will simply reappear if I stop using this product.