MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by age: 36-43

3.6

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I buy it in NC42 and use it year round. It's the HG foundation for me. Most days I use it as a tinted moisturizer. How? I put about 75% facial sunscreen and then 25% Studio Fix, mix it well and voila, tinted moisturizer. I also use it as a concealer. On the days I feel I need something more, I use it full strength applying with E.L.F.'s flat top powder brush. It stays put for a good amount of time with minimal touch up on my oily t-zone. I can't see life without this foundation!

This really is a great foundation.i have oily skin and this is the mattest foundation I own. Matter than ysl resist tent matte.i just wish the color was a better match.i have nw 30 for winter and nw35 is a bit dark for me but I may buy it and mix the 2 and see if that's a better match. Great oil control wears great and a great price,just wish Mac included a pump.its ridiculous that u have to pay 10 usd for a pump for a foundation that's impossible to use with out it.but will def repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have finally found a shade that suits my skintone NC40. A lot of the foundations that I have bought including customised blends (Phoenix cosmetics) tends to get a bit oily by midday when I'm at work. So this is exactly what I was looking for. I wished I had bought MAC products to begin with & I could've saved up all that money wasting on other brands......Oh well now I can stop shopping so much.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff but wish it came with a pump. I could have bought it for 7 bucks but didn't. Now I wish I had. OH well, next bottle I will. I wear NW20 and it is a perfect match for my skin. It has a heavy feel to it and I have not had any breakouts yet. I am very happy with this product.

Update: I had to return the product as my skin started to break out! :(

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have normal to oily skin and this foundation is perfect for me!...It's oil-free, which is wonderful, because it won't contribute to my face breaking out. It has a great texture, not too heavy, but just enough coverage. I also use the "MAC Studio Finish Concealer spf 35" in conjunction with this foundation, and I love it! :)

I love this foundation. Okay, it's not the sweetest smelling stuff by any means, but once dry its fine, and you do get used to the somewhat paint-like smell. I have just finished my first bottle and am off to Selfridges tonight to replace it. I use NC20 in the liquid form, or NC25 in the powder compact. Personally I find the liquid is a tad darker than the compacts so I need to go down a shade. Smell aside, this stuff really does its job, I end up with a flawless complexion which blends with my neck perfectly and although matt, it retains a beautiful luminescence on my skin.
I use two pumps for my face - pumps can be purchased for about 2 - and I apply with my fingers immediately after using Clarins Beauty Flash Balm. The effect is fantastic, a beautiful canvas for my makeup. Lasts a long time too, though I do find by the end of the day/evening I need to use my studio fix compact if I want to remain "flawless".

I have had no problems with breakouts at all and love the good coverage this gives. My Mum used to complain the Studio Fix compact ended up looking 'cakey' but she really likes the liquid foundation on me. If its good enough for my Mum then its good enough, end of!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is my go to foundation in NC40. I am half have Latin half swedish so its hard to find a foundation that doesn't lear a line or is to pale on me. This matches perfectly. I use the Studio Fix powder foundation with it and I get a flawless matte complextion. I've used liquid foundation in the past and then switched to Bare Minerals for years and noticed freckles, so I switched back to liquid this year thinking it would protect my skin more. I like Make Up Forever's foundation to, but the color doesn't as well as the Mac does sothe nc40 is my HG.

I love this foundation! This product pretty much stays put until you take it off. The color is beautiful. The coverage - amazing. Great value. And it has SPF as an added bonus. All around awesome!

The only minor cons so far: 1) In dry weather, I've found that I need a much heavier moisturizer under this to keep it from looking too matte. 2) The heavier moisturizer does make the foundation a little more slippery, like it might rub or wear off sooner than expected. (I don't wear a primer with this, but now I'm reconsidering that as I type!)

In the winter months, I downgrade to a lighter shade - or mix my regular NC20 with some of my Bobbi Brown tinted moisturizer - to get the right tone.

For the record, I usually apply this with a kabuki (skunk?) brush from MUFE, and I use Creme de la Mer - lotion in the summer, creme in the winter.

And, YES, the bottle without a pump is annoying but tolerable. I just try to pour out a drop at a time to avoid waste, but I completely agree with the other reviews because it is annoying!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have to say that this is one of the best foundations that I have tried. It goes on smoothly and provides a great coverage. The shade NC 35 blended well with my skin tone. Originally, we got this foundation for my sister but then I tried it and then kept it. It stays on for a long time but if I want to prolong the coverage, I would use the MAC Studio Fix in powder on top of this foundation.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have used this foundation for 5 years and love it. It provides excellent coverage in the areas that I need it and sheer coverage in the areas where I don't. I am surprised to read it has caused break outs for some, I have extremely sensitive skin and have never had an issue.