MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by age: 56 & Over

4.3

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

am debating whether to award this a 4 or 5 but have decided to give it the benefit of the doubt. first of all, re color. i got NC 25 at the suggestion of the MAC ma when i emailed them. i am a C3 in Studio Fix. the color is excellent and i'm very happy that i did not listen to the mas at the counter who thought i should get NW 20. but i stood my ground because w/o a little yellow the NW would turn ashy on me in a few hrs.
anyway, i like it quite a lot. am very pleased with the SPF 15. my main gripe is that it's a whole lot of trouble. apply with #190 fndtn brush, wait about 30 secs until it settles and then apply a bit more where i need extra coverage. then apply blot powder. and then ... ho hum ... wash the brush (or at least wipe it). all this is as opposed to Studio Fix where you apply, 1-2-3 and are set to go.
in short, i could see myself buying this again because of the SPF. i also don't see why MAC sells the pump separately. when i bought it, they were out of pumps and i must've wasted a lot of product until i did get the pump about 2 weeks later.
EDIT (6/26/06): i am deducting a l/s. this is too much to mess around with on hot summer days, plus which i am finding it too thick. in any case, the color is now too light but that is my fault, i bought it, i guess, when i was paler.

I dont get why no one likes this, this is the best foundation ive ever used! The coverage is incredible, and this doesnt break me out. It makes my skin really look flawless, it's amazing! I dont use it everyday becuase I have a lot of foundations, but when I do use it I always think I look a little better.

Video Reviews & Tutorials