Stila Moonlight Eyeshadow

Stila Moonlight eyeshadowMy Stila palette

4.2

on 10/24/2007 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Normally I'm not one to complain if an eyeshadow is really pigmented, but because Moonlight is a very shimmery white it does make it alot less versatile. It's far too pigmented to wear as a base colour - it still shows through strongly regardless of which colour I layer on top. Despite this, it's a great highlighter shade for a more dramatic eye, particularly good for highlighting the inner corners of my eyes.

on 6/24/2007 1:02:00 AM

So many things to complain about, so little time! I was looking for a frosty shadow to use as not only a highlighter, but also as a full on shadow to brighten up my face. This neon white shadow failed at both. It crumbles when you put your brush in it, it goes on thick, flakes everywhere, and to top it all off the package (which I had to pay extra for) is TERRIBLE...the lid just falls off. I spent $18.00 on this and tried to make it work every which way...I applied it with different tools, put it on lighter, tried it with UD primer, etc. I'm sour I wasted my money on this crap :(

on 8/20/2006 5:12:00 PM

Great shadow to use as a highlighter. I use it under my brows and the inner corners of the eye too. It opens up the eye and Moonlight is a glowy highlighter. I use another highlighter (FACE Stockholm pearl e/s number 4) when I want a "less obvious" highlighter for a more natural look though. However, Moonlight looks awesome with greens, purples, pinks, taupes etc.

on 5/30/2006 2:22:00 PM

Great shadow for a highlight (I even do the cheekbones) and ideal for the inner corners of the eye really opens up the eye and makes it glow. However CAUTION! Use with a light hand because it can be UBER frosty! However don't let that intimidate you it is very pretty! I have been using it for years! I find when I need to look glam for a special occasion I always reach for this!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

this is a great highlighter for my blue-green eyes, it looks best with cool toned eye shadows in my opinion. It is very soft and powdery, more so than the other Stila eyeshadows, which makes it blend easily, almost like a cream even though it is a powder. It looks like a really scary white in the pan, but is very sheer and glowy on. I fist used this when it came in the Media Shy palette from the Christmas 2004 collection, and included in the palette were Grace, Slate and Expresso eyeshadows which all look awesome with it. (NW20/20 Watts, cool toned)

on 2/7/2006 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This shadow is amazingly versatile and works with anything else I combine it with.
But I would never have bought it without coaxing from a great makeup artist.

Yes, you can use it to highlight, but I prefer Chinois for that. Instead, I love to use it wet all over my lids (which are a little heavy) or inside my lower lash line to brighten up my eyes. It's sweet blended with Kitten and La Douce, and mod paired with Azur. And it looks especially glam with Fog smudged in the crease and black liquid liner over Ebony. Just don't forget the dead-red lipstick! continued >>

on 1/25/2006 9:35:00 PM

You can really wear it with anything. It is a great highlighter and is also great on the lid but I would use a primer under it so that it is most effective and stands out. It blends easily and is subtle. Itís highly pigmented but is easy to work with. I use it for all kinds of looks and it is the one color that everyone should own and works on everyone. It is the best.

Whooooo... baby. This eyeshadow has alot of pigment! I apply to my eyes in various ways but use my fingers to blend due to the extreme pigmentation of this gorgeous shade: (1) inner corner of eyes, (2) wash over another shawdow, (3) by itself as a light lid base.

on 11/20/2005 1:29:00 PM

I didn't want to purchase this initially. I wanted to get Oasis instead, but the MA tried it on me and insisted I must get this. I ended up buying it because the MA was sweet. Oh well...

Anyway, this is just like most of Stila's shadows, very easy to blend and pigmented. It is good as a highlighter for almost all the shades I own, from browns to purples to green etc.

Even though the colour doesn't look very special from the pan (frosted shimmery white- which probably explained why I didn't want to buy it at first), this has become one of my staples!

(I'm an Asian, MAC NW20 / Chanel 20 Clair / Shu 575, dark brown hair and eyes) continued >>

Moonlight is an awesome highlighter, especially for pale skinned girls like me! Itís a true white shimmer that, like all Stila shadows, blends easily and stays on all day.