Bath and Body Works Fresh Vanilla

No Image

3.9

on 6/8/2008 11:53:00 PM

My search for a vanilla scent is over. This is it! Very mild and milky, not too sweet. I love it. This was on sale for 75% off and I had to go back the next day to buy off all the body cream left-all 5 of them, bought 2 the previous day. Very nice to use as a hand cream too. I paid around $2.60 for each 8 oz tube. Great deal!

on 5/16/2008 10:58:00 PM

Although they say they are no longer making this one anymore, this is one I would buy again and again. The smell is very vanilla, like pure vanilla where as warm vanilla suger had a vanilla, muskey, sandlewood smell. This is just vanilla and if you like that vanilla scent, this one is definately for you.

on 8/19/2007 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm a vanilla freak. Well I ran out of my warm vanilla sugar lotion one time so i decided to try fresh vanilla. both smell so good, but this one is less sweet, which is good. Now im outta this one too...i really wanna try french vanilla though, but they only have that in a candle =( and it smells divine. 5 lippies to fresh vanilla!

on 12/3/2007 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this cream with the matching shower gel on eBay after reading the rave reviews, and after using up the whole bottle, I've decided that it's a bit too rich for my taste. It's a very deep, creamy/sweet scent that smells like the good vanilla that Ina Garten is always after me to get. :-) I will finish what I have, but probably won't repurchase.

on 8/16/2007 5:20:00 PM

I love it. Warm and sweet, and not too strong. I don't smell a huge difference between this and Warm Vanilla Sugar. I like both.

on 12/30/2007 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Like some other reviewers, I liked B&BW Fresh Vanilla much better than Warm Vanilla Sugar (which reminded me of playdoh). FV smelled a little more like vanilla, but after half an hour seemed flat, no dimension. If you want a very light, basic vanilla scent, then try FV. IMO, Vanilla Bean Noel is much better and has a stronger vanilla scent, mixed with more sugar, without the earthy clay scent.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I use this product daily as my "signature scent." I get compliments all the time whenever I hug someone. I love this smell much more than Warm Vanilla Sugar. I hope it isn't true that B&BW are discontinuing this scent, but luckily I stocked up durning their last semi annual sale.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I knew that they were getting rid of this last fall because my local store is a flagship and they took it off the shelves. This and brown sugar fig were the 2005 fall scents I think. Anyway, they are both excellent. I love this compared to warm vanilla sugar. That is sick and over used.
This is warm, spicy, sexy. It has more character and is a sophistcated vanilla. I've only seen the spray and body wash at their sale though, but thankfully I have a full bottle of lotion left. UPDATE: They need to bring this back, I'm seriously pissed off at bbw. It's rediculous to make a good product that people love and take it away. It says alot when you keep crap on your shelves and it sells...what is wrong? Are kids buying those scents or something?

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I've always been greatly appreciative of all things vanilla, and think I may have found a new favourite in BBW's Fresh Vanilla line. I have this in the body cream and body spray, a soft creamy tantalizing blend of warm vanilla milk and chocolate pralines. Cozy, feminine, and infinitely comforting, this is a wonderful scent for winter. Nothing makes me feel more coddled than slathering the thick rich cream on after a steaming hot shower, getting into my favourite ratty old sweater and trackpants, and settling down in bed with a favourite book or a good movie. I much prefer Fresh Vanilla to Warm Vanilla Sugar as the latter, as every bit as yummy-smelling as it sounds, has a tacky sandalwood note that comes off as a tad too masculine for my tastes. Fresh Vanilla is sophisticatedly feminine, seductive but subtle, and has always won me a compliment or two on the train-ride home. Layered with the lotion/ body cream in the same scent, the sweetly heady whiff of vanilla will linger all day long. My only gripe is regarding the packaging, which I find a little awkward. Though the squeeze-tube is effective to some extent, it becomes difficult to get the remnants of the cream out towards the end. Not one to waste such luscious product, I've taken to cutting the tube in half to scoop out the cream. I wish I didn't have to because it's not exactly the most sanitary thing in the world to do. But oh well. I can't find anything else to nitpick about so I'll round up this review by heartily recommending this line to all vanilla lovers. Even if it doesn't make your heart do cartwheels, it's bound to evoke a purr or two of appreciation.

on 8/8/2007 11:25:00 PM

This isn't a bakery type of vanilla scent, it is more of a floral blended with vanilla. It's nice and naturally I am drawn to it, since I love vanilla fragrances. However, I find Warm Vanilla Sugar from B&BW to be more sensual than this. I will mainly stick to that and Victoria's Secret Vanilla Lace, which is a die-hard favorite of mine. Fresh Vanilla is very nice though and I might purchase again if I get the chance to, because I can't get enough of good vanilla scents and this is one of them.

Popular Lotions / Creams