Model in a Bottle

Model in a Bottle

2.7

SD Alcohol 40B, Purified Water, Isopentildyol, Acrylates/Octacrylamide Copolymer, Aloe Barbadensis Gel (aloe vera), Biosaccharide Gum-1, Propylaparaben, Methlyparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance

on 2/4/2013 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I AM IN LOVE! I ordered this online from the model in a bottle website and was disappointed when it arrived in the mail. The bottle would not spray....I looked at it closer and the tube that sucks up the product had a hole in it. Not impressed, but not a big deal. I just went to the dollar store and picked up a new spray bottle.
The product itself is honestly AMAZING. I have gotten compliments on how my makeup looks after a long day at school, when usually even with a primer and foundation it was melted off by the end.
I have SUPER oily skin in some spots, and dry patches in other areas, this product keeps me shine free ALL DAY, and believe me I've tried everything and this is the only one that works!
PROS:
Keeps your makeup lasting ALL DAY!
Drys quickly
Doesn't leave your face feeling heavy or sticky
Does not dry out face
Controls oil like no other product
CONS:
Burns a little bit when you first spray
Smells strong at first but fades quickly

I would recommend this product 110%

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

These comments are really wrong! The only reason the product isn't spraying properly is because you aren't pressing down completely and without hesitation. If you hesitate when spraying, it comes out kind of like a squirt gun. But, if you spray it quckly all the way it sprays like a mist and sets your makeup perfectly.

I'm shocked to find such poor reviews of this product. I love it. You have to make sure to spray pretty far away from your face so it doesn't get sticky....but I've noticed that it works better than Urban Decay's. It makes my makeup last all day. I'm a fan. I do have sensitive skin and haven't noticed any problems, been using it about a month.

on 9/23/2011 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Not a fan of this product. It felt very sticky when I sprayed it on my face, and there was no significant improvement with my makeup's staying power. Urban Decay's works much better than this, and I don't feel like I've attacked myself with hairspray.

on 9/10/2011 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I didn't care for this product.......makes your face sticky and I feel it causes breakouts. Did the makeup stay?... probably but I was so distracted by the breakouts it caused I didn't really pay attention to the makeup staying power.

It's a nice, cute bottle.. if you don't have acne prone or sensitive skin, it may work for you.....

I bought this to try out before my wedding in September (yes, it's still several months away, but what can I say? I'm a planner). I've only used it a couple of times and I've noticed a significant difference in how long my makeup stays. I still have to use oil absorbing sheets in my t-zone towards the middle of the day, but the overall look of my foundation and blush looked great, and it's GREAT for eye makeup. Two things I've noticed in the other reviews that might be helpful:
- I found Model in a Bottle on Amazon for $11. That's the price of a good bottle of hairspray, so it's worth trying out. I think I even got free shipping thrown in...
- Get someone else to spray it on your face. I've done it myself several times and I feels a little heavy on my face; I had a friend in town to go to a St. Paddy's Day parade and she sprayed it on my face and it felt much better and my makeup stayed put all day--- and outside in a parade in the deep south-- that's saying something... Just be sure to keep your eyes closed until it feels dry on your face.

on 6/5/2011 10:15:00 PM

Oh how i wanted to love this product from all they hype and reviews from YouTube.
My item came 2 days later which is nice, and i was THRILLED to use it the next morning.
WOW...i sprayed it and it sprays in a funky angle that lands on half my face, and the smell...OH MY GOD!!...smells like a VERY musky perfume..i went to work that morning but i was still smelling that thing..after about an hour or so..my head was killing me i felt horrible (bad scents trigger my migraines). then my stomach started to turn, i had to hurl..and I DID..TWICE!!!...anyways, i had to go home early because this "miracle product" made me SICK..i do admit that my face looked the same as when i left that morning..ive used it a few more times and it didn't make me so sick, but my blush faded as usual and it really made no difference...will NOT be purchasing again..

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you are allergic to heavy fumes, please be cautious! This is more like intended to be used as perfume or something! I am heavily allergic to strong scent and the only reason I bought it was because it was advertised as "fragrance-free" on amazon.

on 6/29/2011 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

My friend from Make-Up School was raving to me how amazing this is, only ONE make-up distributor is fully stocked on this in San Diego. I got one, and I tried spraying it. It was completely empty so I brought it back and told her and she said wow, this is the third bottle from Model In A Bottle sent to us that was empty. Not a drip in sight.

But she gave me a new one. I tried it, it smells like musk perfume. The bottle squirts all stupid. Some part will come out really straight and not misty so it evenly distrubites the face. It squirts right to my eyelash and makes it a little loose. Ughhh that always gets me. So I put it in a U.D Setting Spray bottle so it sprays normally, I didn't see anything too amazing about it. I don't think it helps mattify at all.
I don't care too much about it, I wouldn't purchase it again. I'd rather by U.D or Make-Up Forever's... pretty bottle, though.

I heard so many good reviews about this product, so I decided to buy it to try it out. Let's just say it's more like disaster in a bottle..first i put on my makeup as usual and then i went to spray my face just as the directions said. It claims to come out in a "nice mist", um no it was more like a "nice squirt gun to the face" and it shot directly into my eye and started burning. so then since i couldn't open my eyes from the burn, my eye makeup started to run all down my face so then by the time my eyes stopped burning my makeup was all dripping down my face. I can honestly say my makeup looked way better before i put this on my face. It has an extremely strong smell of alcohol which made me question if this was even healthy to put on my skin? (i doubt it) and besides the nasty smell it wreaked of, it burned as soon as it touched my face. & it made my face oily. My face looked better before i even put this product on. Honestly not a difference. & it's expensive, especially for something that doesn't work, don't waste your money. Better off sticking to just doing makeup. I'd rather do touchups every 5 min than deal with all that. It's very obvious that this product was made by some lady trying to find a way to get rich fast, and it works because people buy into it.

UPDATE: I took out the original pump this came with, and i replaced it with a cleaned out hairspray pump that misted instead of "squirting" out at me.....& it still sucks. I honestly look better without this on my face. & also, i went to sephora to test out the setting spray from urban decay, & IT WORKS 100 X BETTER! As soon as the lady sprayed it on my face there was noo smell at all, NO ALCOHOL, & it didn't feel sticky at all...& I'am happy to say my face did not get oily at all! wayyy better product. so i would definitely reccommend trying out the one from urban decay, i'm going to return "disaster in a bottle" for the urban decay one.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools