Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

4.1

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

on 12/30/2012 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Very, very similar to my favorite BE Mineral Veil!! Contains mainly cornstarch, which makes the pores look smaller, yet leaves no "white cast" like the silica powders do (and silica usually irritates my skin as well), especially when taking photos with flash...

Really, really nice powder well worth the money!! The only difference between this and the BE Mineral veil is the color; the BE is more cool/pinkish and this one (even the original shade, not the sunlight one) is more towards yellow....if compared besides each other...

Cornstarch is perfect for my extremely sensitive, acne-prone skin!!

I'm so used to my BE that I prefer it, but if I couldn't get it in time one day I'd reach for this...

Recommended!! :D

on 9/17/2012 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have very oily skin but after applying this in the t-zone it leaves my face matte almost all day long with a silky finish. I have never used a better finsihing powder. Be careful to not apply too much though, it is prone to give you the look of dipping your face in flour if you use to much, and I also don't think this is for a person with dry skin.
The packaging is not very good because the jar is so small (in height) so if you bring it with you and it goes upside down and shaky in your bag, when you open it the powder is everywhere. So i keep it lid up at home.
I use it after Este Lauder Double Wear foundation.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

i ordered a sample of this from everydayminerals.com along with some other items. this is what stood out to be the most and has become one of my favorite finishing powders. it looks like a pale yellow color but it is translucent on the face. if gives a nice naturally matte finish to my skin which is what i crave. not a bit fan of the "dewy" finish. i am planning on purchasing the full size very soon.

I'm on the fence for this product. Hate the packaging cos the products gets all over the place when I open it. Good coverage. However, this powder is not as finely milled as other loose powders on the market. I love how ridiculously affordable this powder is! Def recommend if you're on a budget and looking for a good finishing loose powder.

on 8/3/2012 3:48:00 AM

I got a sample of this and wasn't really eager to try it since I just bought Estee Lauder's Lucidity powder and wasn't looking for anything new.
Well, dang...this stuff is amazing! It creates a flawless finish, is truly transluscent, and is the first powder that managed to keep my skin look oil-free for 2+ hours (I'm an oily mess and have to blot every hour during summer). When I reapplied it to control shine, it didn't look cakey like many other powders tend to do. No oxidation...no irritation...no nothing. Just flawless skin. Definitely will be ordering full size. Sorry Estee :(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The BEST finishing powder (at least for me). It's truly sheer (unlike Bare Minerals sheer/original "Mineral Veil" which has an orange hue) and seems to wake up my skin. I use it with EM semi-matte foundation (the best, also), and it looks very natural, giving a lit from within glow. I have an oily T-zone and this controlled oil so well I didn't need a touch-up throughout the day (wow!). Application is effortless and produces an airbrushed/flawless finish. Love it. If you like Bare Minerals but dislike the quirks and high-maintenance, try Everyday Minerals.

on 4/24/2012 6:27:00 PM

An excellent finishing powder. Doesn't keep oil at bay all day, but surely helps. Lovely fine texture which paired with a good brush softens the rough edges.

on 5/24/2012 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Really nice. If you have a shiny face, just put this one and it looks awesome! I've used it in my t-zone the most, and with it, it looks really good..

on 6/28/2011 3:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I purchased this product because I really love EDM's semi-matte foundation, and it had so many good reviews. I use it as directed to "set" my foundation. No matter what brush I use, how long I buff, or how light or heavy handed I am, this just looks awful. It sits on top of the foundation. Without foundation, it just sits on the skin. I have sensitive combo skin and use moisturizer day and night. This powder creates dry patches around my nose, and on my forehead. It also cakes on the side of my nose where I wear my sunglasses, and around my lips. I'm not sure why everyone has had great results. I will definitely never buy this product again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Fantastic! Works just like Bare Escentuals' Mineral Veil. Gives your makeup a softness and definitely helps keep down on the oil production. I have a very mild oil problem in my t-zone. One light coat of this stuff keep the shine at bay all day! This is a must have when using any EM foundation!