FingerPaints FingerPaints

FingerPaints FingerPaints
FingerPaintsFingerPaints

FingerPaints are by far my favorite nail polishes!

I love the color selection, and the packaging is nice. The brushes are always good and apply nicely. The polishes usually are perfect as far as being exactly the right thickness, one coat usually does it, two coats are more than enough. I always make a beeline to these polishes at Sally's!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love this nail polish! The one I own is in Gossamer White. It was free at Sally's Beauty with the purchase of two ion brilliance hair colors. So, I tried it today and the color is lovely! It is a nude pink. It is very forgiving. I do not apply nail polish well, applied about 3 coats, yet it still looks smooth and beautiful. This is my new favorite nail color. The best part is that I got it for free! :)
Edit: This nail color does not last very long at all! Be sure to have a great top coat with it. It chips like nobody's business!

on 1/31/2012 12:22:00 AM

I can't say enough great things about FingerPaints nail polish!!! It is without a doubt the greatest polish I have ever used (and believe me I've tried everything from OPI to China Glaze to Essie). I only wear dark colored nail polish, so chipping is a huge issue for me because I used to constantly have to redo my nails! Not anymore! I use a base coat (Rock-Hard), one coat of polish, and a top coat (Rock-top coat). I went over two weeks without chipping even the slightest bit! I could have gone longer, but I really wanted to try another color. The only complaint I do have is that the formula for Black Expressionism was pretty thick the first time I used it. I squeezed in a little polish thinner, and problem solved! Also, the price is awesome when compared to OPI. I really can't tell you how nice it is to have to change polishes either for a color change or because of growth! The only time I've been able to do that is with gel polish. I haven't really had a chance to look at all of the colors, but I know there are quite a few (with super cute names if you're in to that sort of thing). Overall, I really recommend trying this polish out. I'm not sure how it is without a base/top coast, but with those, this stuff is the bomb!

on 11/6/2011 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was at Sally's and never heard of this brand and decided to give it a try. I'm SO IMPRESSED! Doesn't chip and is VERY long lasting. I did put on a base coat (CND stickey) and top coat (Seche Vite) It's been almost a month and still looking good. Move over OPI this Finger Paints could have something on you.

on 11/2/2011 11:27:00 AM

I just love finding out which companies make what products, and in make-up, the overlap is head-spinning. So many companies putting out the high end products or the "professional" products also put out the less marketed lines--the same company that makes Chanel makes Bourjois, for example, L'Oreal owns almost all the make-up lines in the drug store or the department store, and now, OPI owns Finger Paints. Oh, wait, OPI does not in fact own Finger Paints (I missed the review where this was clarified, so excuse my mistake). Any way, it's quite a price difference between OPI and FP, and in my opinion, a huge performance difference as well.

I picked up a Finger Paints Cordur-Orange nail polish the other day at Sally's and put it on yesterday. The colour looks like a rich pumpkin orange in the bottle but it does develop and becomes richer as it dries, so it isn't the colour in the bottle--it's better than the colour in the bottle, a beautiful deep persimmon shade that says "fall" so clearly. It's a polish with some density--so if you don't like that, it's easily thinned out with a couple of drops of nail polish thinner. I found the thickness gave me a lot of flexibility in terms of applying it well. I put on two coats but in all honesty the polish is so saturated with pigment that one coat was opaque enough. The second coat covered any imperfect application, and in the end the product dried quickly and as smooth as glass. It's a gorgeous, glossy shade, a really good product (so much better than OPI could ever hope to be, and I'm tired of knowing I will always have to apply at least 3 coats of OPI to get the colour I want).

So far, it's wearing beautifully. And I expect it to last. I'll update on how it manages over the next little while--I expect at least 5 days every manicure (I do use an Orly base coat and one coat of Sally Hansen nude top coat) and I do not wear gloves to do dishes, shower, or swim. So we'll see how this fares.

Oh! I don't want to leave out the fact that the price is obscenely low, as I got this bottle on sale for 1.99. I will definitely be looking for new shades in this line from now on.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Fingerpaints offers good quality and selection for the price, but the fact that they're only sold at one retailer in North America kinda makes it a pain in the butt. Regardless, they make a lot of really neat core and limited edition polishes that are long-lasting.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really really like these polishes. I get as excited about them as I get about OPI, Essie, Chine Glaze, Color Club, ect because they are most definitely on par with salon brands in terms of color selection, wear, formula. I own a handful, like 20 maybe and so far my favorites are Natural Talent (better than OPI Bubble Bath imo), Psychedelic Pop (neon pink) and Hue Left A Message? (amazing rosy mauve glitter)...These always remove really well too which is important to me since I change polishes every few days. Great price too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have a few Finger Paints polishes, and I absolutely love all of them. The application is great - it goes on very smoothly and allows you to move around where you need it without being streaky. Most colors are opaque in just one coat; some of the paler colors need two. With my normal base and top coats, these polishes usually last 4 days without chipping. I look forward to purchasing more!

I bought Paper Mache (PM) and Gossamer White (GW) for $6 CDN at Sally's because I read that they were dupes for OPI's Alpine Snow and Bubble Bath. I don't own those OPI shades so I can't compare them. What I can say is that the formula of Finger Paints is rather on the thick side. Applying GW gave me a headache, it was just too sheer, streaky, bubbly, and goopy & I gave up after the 4th coat because I still could not get it even. In addition, it takes about 10-15 minutes to dry. I don't know if it's just that shade/bottle but I used PM (2 coats) for french tips, it did the job well and lasted me 5 days before peeling. The brush is the typical thin brush applicator, nothing special. The bottle is bit hard to hold on to since it's really round and slippy. I believe there are better brands with better formulas out there.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have these polishes in "black expressionism" and "papier mache"(aka "black" and "white") and I also have the Fingerpaints topcoat. I wasn't really impressed with the topcoat-the coverage & the shine just doesn't compare to my beloved Sally Hansen No Chip Acrylic Topcoat...but the black and white polishes were PHENOMENAL! BOTH colors went on so smoothly-no streaks at all, which is very impressive considering black & white polishes can be difficult to apply-AND both colors went on completely opaque with just 1 coat!! These are definitely my new go-tos for black & white (my 2 favorite basecolors for nail art projects). Haven't tried other colors yet but i'm planning on it!

Popular Polishes