Thierry Mugler Alien

Alien

3.7

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I would have to say that this is in my top 5 perfumes of all time. It's one that i tend to choose when i don't know what to wear and you have to be feeling a little bit more daring to grab angel! But i love that this is different, original, yet still not too daring to grab last minute every day. It tends to be the one I go to when i don't have any particular idea in mind. Probably better for night but i still love to wear it during the day as well. My first admittedly chosen significant signature scent! You must try this! For those who don't like angel... i still recommend that you try this. I don't always like angel too depending on my mood/feel but i always love this. The woody jasmine amber scent is beautiful, classy but still sexy!

on 9/21/2016 1:31:00 AM

Alien and I have a strange relationship... Some days I love it to the point of obsessive, repeated smelling of my own wrist. Other days I feel smothered by it. There are no guarantees with Alien.

Actually, no. There is one certainty with Alien and that is, men seem to love it me. Like, more than any other perfume in my size-able collection of 50+ scents. I have been stopped in the street numerous times by men commenting or inquiring for their wives/girlfriends. Women have commented too, but it's not as frequent. It's usually men.

This scent has a similar monstrous projection & longevity to its predecessor "Angel." Although, the scents themselves are nothing alike. The website claims there are only 3 notes in this but I detect a few more for SURE. Grape, vanilla, maybe even the most minute drop of sandalwood or patchouli. It smells far more complex at times than logic allows me to comprehend based on its note list.

Anyways, it's very good. I like it overall. It smells different on everyone though. Try it on skin, not paper. And be prepared for that monstrous longevity and silage we spoke of earlier.

No. Just no. Stop buying this, everybody. You smell terrible.

This is quite a strong scent. Not for the faint hearted. It has a 'dirtiness' scent to it. Perhaps sensual. Excellent lasting power (all day). Good sillage. I dont really like it and it could be offputting for many I think. It seems to be a love or hate thing!
It is meant to be a jasmine scent but jasmine seems to smell different in different perfumes. It doesnt smell like a natural jasmine at all. The scent is quite linear too.
It may be good for layering if youre in to layering perfumes.
The bottle is cool and unique.
I dont think products should be defined by age and more by taste/personality but I wouldnt give this to someone young as it seems more a grown up scent.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Have an EDT... (A tiny trial size spray bottle)
Was really hoping to enjoy Alian EDT, its a fresh, light, airy woody white floral but I have a very similar scent in the Avon Strictly Come collection. The Avon Strictly Come Dancing - Strictly Fabulous that I have, starts off a little differently only to settle within a few minutes into such a similar scent to Alian EDT that it makes me decide to not buy this scent. I was really hoping to get an Alian so will go try the original next time.

...So next time has arrived and now I have the EDP, bought a small bottle.
Alian Edp is long lasting, smells a little different to the Edt. It is a sharp laundry fresh fragrance which has a more floral scent than my other laundry fresh fragrance (Glow by Jo Lo), but no doubt I still wear my Glow by Jo Lo. I find laundry fresh scents easy to wear when there is no time to put thought into what fragrance to present to the world. Alian Edp smells like a mix of Strictly Come Dancing Strictly Fabulous and Glow, probably leaning more towards Strictly Come Dancing.
I don't think I will buy Alian again, not only because I can make this mix myself, but I totally don't like the bottle, its not easy to use as there is limited control over how much you spray, the bottle looks nice but does not operate with ease.
• My new update...
I tried my Edt tester again and have now decided that I prefer the Edt, its fresher and stronger than the Edp, and overall smells better but I still won't be buying this scent again, Edp or Edt.

on 6/30/2016 8:24:00 AM

Alien edp review.
I was expecting a lot more from this fragrance.
I dislike it, I prefer Angel funny enough.

on 12/7/2015 4:45:00 PM

One of my favourite parfume ever! Long lasting !

on 3/9/2016 6:22:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

my favorite so nice and refillable bottles make it worth it

on 2/28/2016 10:48:00 PM

This has been my holy grail perfume since high school. Its the longest lasting perfume I've ever owned. And I always get compliments on it.

on 3/28/2016 1:12:00 PM

One of my favourite scents ever. Long lasting, people are forever asking what the scent is 💫

Popular Fragrances