Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose

Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose
Chanel Orchid Rose JCJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid RoseJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid RoseJoues Contraste Powder Blush in Orchid Rose

4.6

(((RATED 8 ON SKIN DEEP))) Ingredients: talc; polyethelene; magnesium stearate; alumina; mineral oil; fragrance; methylparaben; lanolin alcohol; magnesium myristate; silk powder; propylparaben; peg-8; tin oxide; tocopherol; ascorbyl palmitate; bht; ascorbic acid; citric acid. May contain: red 36; red 6; red 7 lake; red 34 lake; yellow 6 lake; red 33 lake; yellow 5 lake; blue 1 lake; red 22 lake; red 28 lake; yellow 10 lake; red 30 lake; carmine; ultramarines; bismuth oxychloride; ci 77491; ci 77492; ci77499; ferric ferrocyanide; manganese violet; ci77891; mica.

on 10/3/2011 10:53:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

My absolute favourite beauty product of all time! I would never, ever, ever even consider changing blushes. It is absolutely gorgeous, and I have about 5 different colour (orchid rose and tea rose are my favourites) it is so subtle yet it brightens up your entire face. I recommend this to anybody with quite fair skin, or even medium skin. Lovely packaging, although the cover scratches fairly easily and the brush is a little small. Mirror can get a bit dusty from the blush, although if you keep the cover on this shouldn't be a problem. Amazing, amazing product, buy it!

Finally, the perfect blush that goes with everything! Subtle enough to go with lipsticks from almost-black-red to a sheer gloss; so glad I finally decided to buy this. Smell on application is such a nice touch.

on 5/17/2011 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a review for the US version.
It wasn't a love at first sight, especially when I saw how sparkly it look in the pan. Then I swatched it on my hand and the sparkles were there but fortunately they show up as a lovely glow on my cheeks when I use my 187 brush. Surprisingly, it looks very natural on my NC20-25 skin because I can't really think of someone that blushes with glitter (NARS Orgasm, I am looking at you).
The thing is that as much as I like the glow, I prefer matte finishes for my blush because they look even more natural (I have breakouts sometimes so it can look a bit weird). I prefer experimenting with eyeshadow and lipstick rather than blush (bronzer is another thing, lol)
So, in few words - if you like glitter - go for NARS orgasm & co., if you like glow get this one, if you like matte finishes, go for Givenchy :)
The only reason, I wouldn't repurchase is that it takes me ages to finish a blush and if I am not 100% wowed by it, I am pretty much bored by then.
Edit: So I was feeling tired, I had an awful breakout and poeple were complimenting my complexion and how fresh I looked. Most were surprised that the only thing I changed in my routine was the blush so I am starting to get wowed.
Edit 2: I love love love it! I get compliments, it smells nice, my skin loves it so I am getting it again!

on 7/10/2011 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This blush is soooooo beautiful. I hate bright blush (by my definition even Nars Amour is bright) but this blush is a very subtle, delicate, pink that makes my cheeks GLOW. The sparkles that look so obvious in the pan translate to this gorgeous sheen on the cheeks. It's not a doll colored pink, it's very much a natural human flesh toned pink. It basically makes you look lit from within. Gorgeous. The only two drawbacks are the price and somewhat the packaging (I hate the little brush thing, and think it would be much classier if packaged without it).

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

One of my favorites!!!! I was my everyday blush for more than a year!!!! It is a subtle blush, that doesn't look cakey.

on 9/13/2011 2:50:00 PM

This is a soft pink glowy blush that goes with just about anything. It is light, so I think it would show up better on fairer skin tones. When you swipe it though, I find that it deposits more glow than color, and it smells very, very strongly of roses. If you like this, then great. But I cannot stand heavily fragranced products... Granted, the rose scent does dissipate after wearing for a few hours, but when you are putting the blush on, the rose scent just sort of permeates your nose. Another note is that the blush itself is kind of hard (if you press on it, it doesn't yield). The texture is comparable to a Dior blush, but compared to Chantecaille blushes, Orchid Rose doesn't feel that finely milled.

on 10/8/2010 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh thank you so much MakeUpAlley for this discovery! I was always afraid to use blush, because I have a natural blush of my own (a very very light rosacea) and I thought that using a blush this would accentuate that. I've tried a few colors (from other brands) and they all afirmed the idea a had of using a blush on my skin... till I tried this one!
It gives me a nice and more important NATURAL color that it doesn't look like I'm wearing make up.
I've heard that the European version is another color than the US one, I don't know what the difference is between them but the European color is really natural and beautiful. It's baked, so you really have to swirl your brush a couple of times on the product but I like this. I can easily decide how much color I want and I can slowly build it up. I never end with to much blush :-)
If you want a natural looking blush, go for this one! It's not cheap (my God, I've payed almost as much as my foundation of YSL) but it's worth is. It goes with everything and every look you're going after.

on 1/20/2011 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this blush on me! I'm NC30 in MAC, and I am very picky when it comes to blushes. I find alot of blushes to be either too brownish, too orangey or too pinkish, and I am always on the search for the perfect color. I previously owned the Chanel Blush in Rose Bronze but find it to be a tad brownish for my liking. The Be-Bop which comes in the rectangular pan is a little too light and too pinkish. Fantasia used to be my favorite, but they discontinued it. Orchid Rose is the PERFECT shade. It does not look too appealing in the pan and it's something I would have never tried on if I wasn't so bored that fateful day when I was out mindless shopping. When I tried the blush on and looked in the mirror WOW. This rose/berry color gives my face a radiant glow and it's the right tone and shade, just what I have been looking for. It makes me look so healthy and has a very subtle sheer sheen to it, providing the glowy effect. It is also highly pigmented, so a little goes a long way. The scent, just like anything other Chanel blushes/lipsticks is very pleasant. I constantly go to the mall to try it on before I made my purchase, and I noticed that it wears well throughout the day. I finally got it a few weeks later in the DFS store here in waikiki.

on 9/12/2010 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the first time I've bought a blush from Chanel having used Nars for the most part in the past. I wanted something more natural with a flawless finely milled texture and this fits the bill. I have Nars Orgasm powder blush and then the Nars Orgasm Illuminator product which is in a tube. The color of the Orgasm Illuminator is perfect for my skin tone, but I prefer a powder blush. So I brought the tube into Nordstrom's with me and the sales assistant helped my to select the Orchid Rose color as the closest match. I love the color - it's very natural on my extremely fair skin that has a pink undertone. I hardly have to use any, the product has this fabulous rose fragrance and I believe there is more product per weight with the Chanel blush than the Nars. I'm very happy all around with this. It's one of my favorite Chanel makeup products so far.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This was my first Chanel blush that I bought, and I must say I was definitely pleased with it. I hadn't tried out the blush when I bought it but it looked like a gorgeous natural color, and it turned out to be just that!
Its not the most pigmented blush I've tried (mine is the European version, I dont know if the formulation would therefore be different) but it is hard to overdo and it looks great on - super natural.
It does have a smell to it (it smells absolutely gorgeous but I'm not sure how to describe it) but it is unnoticable once its on your face.
There's not much product (only 4g!) but you really dont need to use a lot of product.
The only two things I weren't completely satisfied with would be the packaging and the price. The packaging is the standard glossy Chanel packaging however, after using the blush on a regular basis, I've noticed that the hinges holding the case of the blush together are getting loose, and its getting a little wobbly. The price issue is pretty self explanatory - it was 35 euros, and the Chanel website lists it as $42 - which is a little too much for such a small amount of product.
I said I wouldnt buy the product again simply because there are other products that I would rather buy for the same money that have more product in them. However, there is always the possibility that I would buy another Joues Contraste, but in a different colour.