Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue

Light Blue

3.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Pros:
I always keep a mini of this around because it is very inoffensive and does not become overwhelming in the summer (I live in a desert).
It lasts VERY well for an EDT. Better than some edp!
My skin makes every scent I wear extremely warm, but the Light Blue is still extremely wearable despite my skin's chemistry.
Cons:
Everyone has this scent/ not unique

Also, if it came down to it, I think I prefer ck One to this scent. It is slightly less well-known and lasts very well for an EDT. It is more androgynous.

This scent is a classic for a reason. It's very light and fresh.
I think it would smell good on anybody and is a foolproof bright fragrance

There are many fresh scents, but this one is done right. all of the notes work so well together and it doesn't turn bad.
You can wear this and not reek of perfume - just smell simply good.

I suggest spraying it on you, then smelling it a little bit later. It smells just alright when I spray it on a tester paper - kind of like just basic fresh perfume with maybe sparkling citrus and light pure perfume scent. When I spray it on me it smells irresistible but not overpowering and not heavy.

I would have given it a perfect score except: it's everywhere and many people wear it - the scent in itself is unique but definitely not a hidden gem, price, it fades before the day is over, and although i can see it as a signature scent it isn't quite deep enough for evening

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This has a strong smell but is amazing all in all. I've found that if I layer this with a vanilla lotion (like warm vanilla sugar from Bath and Body Works) it just mellows the scent out a little bit and makes it blend a little better. For some reason it also seems to last longer when I do this but that just might be because of the oils in the lotion. Overall a great scent.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a very fresh perfume and reminds me a lot of summer. Reminds me of cleaning liquids, but that's not a bad thing in this case. It's certainly a different scent, and I don't know how to describe it, but it smells good!

on 5/12/2016 12:32:00 PM

I love this scent. It's light, fresh, energetic and sophisticated.

Gives me a headache.

on 2/16/2016 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I suppose I should rate this perfum since it's the kind I've been wearing since my wedding day 7 years ago!
The great thing about this perfum is that it doesn't seem to bother ppl who are sensitive to fragrance. I was a hairstylist for 10 years and no one ever had a problem with it.
I'm not saying you should wear it around someone you know has an allergy!
Just that if you don't want to offend someone in a tight space, you'll be good ;)

A sidenote, does anyone else think rating perfum is kind of silly? It's such a personal choice what scent someone likes.

on 2/15/2016 5:31:00 PM

perfect for everyday use. Not powerful or heavy, so it can be worn year round and it would be difficult (if it impossible) to find someone who found this citrus, woodsy aroma to offensive or intrusive.

Obsessed!

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I really do like this fragrance- on other people. It just does not blend well with my body chemistry. This is a very light but tart lemon and apple with back notes of cedarwood, amber and musk. On me, it smells wonderful for the first 15 minutes and then drys down to me smelling like a bottle of woodsy Pinesol cleaner. The cedarwood starts to takeover and the lemon fades into the background.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

There's a reason this fragrance has been so very popular. It's because it smells good, is exceptionally easy to wear, and is highly versatile: appropriate for day or night, for work or play, for going out to dinner or for just slobbing around the house. Part of the reason for that versatility, I suspect, is the pure simplicity of its concept: it basically comes down to two equally high-pitched and nasal facets--the sharp musky cedar below and the tart lemon/apple above--oscillating against each other to eternity. The result is a kind of olfactory moire effect, shimmery and (to my nose, anyway) quite pleasant.

I suspect that Light Blue may also carry an additional appeal to Americans in particular, due to the strong hygienic associations of its three major notes, each of which, in their own way, can be said to represent cleanliness. Lemon, of course, is very strongly associated with cleaning products, while that tart green apple note is commonly used in the US to scent shower gels, shampoos, and astringent facial toners. The cedar, meanwhile, brings to mind cedar-lined linen closets or cedarwood chests, used to keep stored clothing clean and fresh and safe from moths. Put them all together, and you're definitely appealing to a desire for cleanliness, or "freshness." I tend to associate that desire with American tastes -- we do love the whole squeaky-clean aesthetic here!--but perhaps it is more universal than I realize.

My one criticism of this fragrance is that it can get a little screechy sometimes. I referred above to both the cedar and the tart fruit facets as "high-pitched and nasal," and while I realize that I'm engaging in an aural analogy there, it's the best way I can think of to describe exactly what I mean. They're both sour, sharp, astringent fragrance types, the sort that can really seem to get all the way up into your sinuses sometimes. Since I enjoy astringent smells, I'm not bothered at all by that aspect of Light Blue, but I can certainly see how it might get in the way of others' enjoyment. That synthetic cedar in the base (is that the Iso-E-Super people so often talk about?) is also extremely long-lasting and tenacious in a stickily pervasive musk-like way --- should you take a dislike to it, you *will* be smelling it for days, not only wherever you sprayed it, but also on anything and everything that got too close to the original spray. You have been warned.

Sadly, while I enjoy Light Blue on other people, it doesn't behave very well on me. When I wear it myself, the lemon and apple notes disappear very quickly, while the cedar becomes *ludicrously* accentuated; the end result is that I wind up walking around for hours smelling very much like a hamster cage. A *clean* hamster cage, mind you, but still very much a hamster cage. So it's not one that I keep around, but I always enjoy smelling it on others. Fortunate indeed for me!, because this fragrance is so very, very popular that once you know what it smells like, you will find yourself encountering it *everywhere.*

Popular Fragrances