Almay Intense i-liner in Raisin Quartz

Almay Intense i-liner in Raisin Quartz
Prestige eyeliner

3.7

triethylhexanon, ozokerite, beeswax, castor seed oil, carnauba wax, dipentaerythrityl tetrahydroxystearate/tetraisostearate, caprylyl methicone, tocopheryl acetate, soybean oil, aloe leaf extract, polymethyl methacrylate, bht, methylparaben, propylparaben [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499), carmine (ci 77470), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)]

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love the colour, hate the product. It doesn't last at all which is a shame because the colour is perfect. A really nice burgundy that makes my hazel eyes pop. I would rebuy if it came in a long lasting formula. Almay, are you listening?

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I've been told my eyes are green & then I've been told my eyes are hazel.
I bought this on the former assumption but every time I use it it looks purplish-red. People ask if I'm OK.
I can't remember the price. I do like the built-in sharpener. But where's the smudger? Oh that's right, it doesn't need one because it rubs or wears off much too easy. Nope, I won't repurchase.

Great color. Smooth. But, wears off easily, and I'm not crazy about the shimmer.

on 5/24/2010 12:59:00 PM

This is recommended for green eyes, but I love the plummy "raisin" color for a smokey eye that doesn't look to harsh with my blue eyes & pale skin. It's perfect. The packaging is pretty no frills, but the product itself is great!

on 2/21/2010 8:55:00 AM

This is a pretty color only I wish it was a little more plum/mahogony. I think it looks so much better than black eyeliner which can look a little too garish. This is my go to eyeliner.

on 2/13/2010 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have green eyes and was curious about the whole "emphasize your eye color" thing. As others have stated, this eyeliner is very subtle. It's not as "raisin" as I expected...I'd describe it as "amethyst, with warm brown undertones, and a nice shimmer. It does wear off fairly fast; I applied heavily and two hours later had to reapply. I also don't think it really helps my eye color stand out.
The color and sheen of the product is similar to Clinique Gel Eyeliner in Black Honey, except Black Honey is a bit browner, and this is more amethyst. Since I already own Black Honey and it lasts much longer, I will not repurchase this. However, the pencil format is nice for times you don't want to tote a gel jar & brush, like maybe travel. For $5, not bad.

I adore this eyeliner (Raisin Quatz) that came with the Almay Intense Trio eyeshadow for greens.
It is beautiful and highly shimmery (not matte) and very velvety to apply. The twist up applicator is useful and it has it's own sharpener at the end. The plum-brown pigmentation is strong and vibrant and barely smudges. The stick seems pretty well made and hasn't broke on me yet.
I use this as often as possible and would rebuy it in a heartbeat!

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

I'm probably in the minority with this, but I usually stay away from black eyeliner...against my super pale skin and light hair, it just looks too 'there' for me...you know, that too obvious/trying too hard look. Anyway, this is a really unique color...kind of a plummy/gray/brown combo...but it really does make my green eyes pop. And it isn't super dark, so it works with my skin tone...I will definitely be repurchasing this one!

on 11/4/2009 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was hoping for more of an aubergine color...However, this is a plum brown. The color is very beautiful on brown eyes. I had to reappy this liner, which is no biggie to me. I didn't have any problems with my eyes stinging. I will probably not buy this eyeliner again...

on 10/22/2009 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Gradually, this product would just brake on me. like every time i'd twist the end somehow the pencil itself wouldn't come up. When it did the colour was nice and would semi; bring out my eyes. Will never put money into this again, at it terribly dispenses the pencil.