L'Artisan Fragrances La Chasse aux Papillons Extreme

No Image

3.4

on 11/9/2006 8:48:00 AM

I had high hopes for my first venture into the world of L'Artisan perfumes. The lovely, poetic name of this particular scent also attracted me to it - 'Chasing Butterflies'. I didn't at this point know that there were two versions of this, one the original and one the extreme and unfortunately got my hands on the extreme version. All I can say is that the horrible pepper note really spoiled this for me.
For the first five minutes it started out quite nice, I didn't catch the pepper even though its a top note but suddenly it just blasted its way in completely overwhelming the other notes which might have given this fragrance a good chance at becoming something quite special. You can almost catch a whiff of the gorgeous, delicate scent drowning beneath all that pepper and what a beautiful scent it is. I really do hope that I might be able to find that scent in the original version of LCAP. But overall my introduction to my first L'Artisan fragrance was a complete disappointment.

on 8/21/2006 3:50:00 AM

Very light and ethereal but with carachter as pashat said before.I've never tested the Original chasse but this have the most lovely top notes for it's kind.A slightly peppered heady traditional flower that sets in a smooth soft tropical heart.It's a bit of a juvenille tuberose,charming nonetheless.Some vanilla for the end rounds thing nicely.I'm surprised but the sillage on this and the lasting power it's rather good.

I am surprised I liked this. It was a gift from a wonderful MUA'er... and I have tried about 3 frags she has sent me. This one is from a decant, and therefore I rated it 1 and 1 for price and packaging. I don't know.

The top notes are a woodsy almost tabacco floral. I had to read the reviews to figure out what they were (tuberose and jasmine). I can now smell the jasmine but I don't know what tuberose smells like. So you have the top notes for about 1/2 hour and then you start a long drydown. NO MID NOTES!

The drydown is a lovely masculine sort of musty atticky scent (similar to grandma's attic) with the woodsy tobacco scent. I smelled the drydown for hours and hours (about 7-9 hrs) and my daughter loved it too.

I just refreshed it a minute ago and it's been fun to experience it again. Nothing overwhelming or in your throat and gagging you because the florals are not heady. It's a very controlled and grounded fragrance... I would totally get this when I'm out and about.

on 7/17/2006 3:33:00 AM

The original La Chasse is one of my favorite fragrances, so I was delighted to try the Extreme version but also a little skeptical. What can you do to improve perfection? Anyway, while the original is airy and pretty, La Chasse Extreme is strong and sharp (it made my husband sniff the air and ask, "What smells like bug spray?"). Linden is my favorite note in the original, and it's all but buried by tuberose in the Extreme version. On the positive side (if you like it, anyway) - Extreme does seem to last longer.

This is a really unpleasant fragrance on me. There is something thin and sharp about it that makes me feel that it is unfinished. The beginning is bright and really pretty but it quickly becomes very masculine and all I am left with is peppery wood. I hate this. It nauseated me and was nothing at all like the original in the end. It should have a completely different name because there is no similarity to the original in this at all to me.

on 4/17/2006 11:07:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This one worked so much more with my chemistry than the original La Chasse. Although I think the composition of both of them is beautiful, the sexy spicy note in Extreme made it much more wearable for me - the citrus in the original was just a little too girly for me to enjoy it as much. The jasmine in both is impeccable, and they both are beautiful scents, to be sure, but Extreme has the added oomph that makes me feel like a goddess. I am totally in love with this beautiful, balanced, sexy scent.

on 3/31/2006 1:05:00 AM

Did La Chasse really need an "Extreme" version? Seriously. The original is so lovely, light, feminine, and delicate--nothing extreme about it, and I like it that way. The pink pepper is strong, spicy, and not at all in harmony with the soft florals. Sharp and discordant. I'll stick with the original, thank you very much.

Many scents heavy with tuberose do not usually work well with my skin. They tend to be harsh and menthol-ish. Jasmine tends to overwhelm me when I wear it...and that's just what this is. Tuberose and jasmine. I found La Chasse Extrme to pale in comparison to the original La Chasse, which I adore. The original is light and makes me want to put on a soft white dress and lay in a field. This one does not have that effect on me. However, I'm sure it will really work for someone. If you don't care much for the original and/or you're a tuberose or jasmine kind of gal, this might just work for you.

on 12/29/2005 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Just writing this review ...Much better than the first L'chasse,more pep,and deep, I can't believe it but I smell my fav. smelling flower feesia ,yes I do ,wow.

on 11/22/2005 7:45:00 PM

Agree totally with the previous 2 reviewers. It was great initially and then after a while it became too peppery. Didn't smell like the EDT soon after. Definitely will stick to EDT - will simply spray more!

Popular Fragrances