Bliss Super Minty Soap N' Scrub

Bliss Super Minty Soap N' Scrub

4.5

on 10/7/2007 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this! I originally only had the Shock Therapy shower gel which is similar, but does not have any scrubbing particles. This is incredible - it gives you a real whoosh. I have used many mint products (I love mint body products, especially washes and scrubs) and this is BY FAR the best one!!! It really really invigorates you. It lathers really well, so you do not need a lot of product and the tube will last a very long time. I put it on an exfoliating towel and scrub all over, the lather is really nice and rich.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I LOVE this scrub. I have a little problem "waking up" in the morning and this is like a blast of cold air on skin! The scrubby bits aren't harsh, but exfoliate very well, the formula is creamy, but lathers so a little bit goes a long way, and the sharp peppermint scent is intense and divine. I use about a dime-sized amount to scrub both my arms and the same amount for each leg before shaving, about twice a week. (I try to be sparing with it because of the price, and I've found it does go a long way.) It's fantastic for preventing ingrown hairs and I've even shaved over it after scrubbing because of the rich lather. I'll definitely purchase again, but I think this tube will last me awhile. (thank God it's not another scrub in a tub!!) I took a lippie off because it can be drying on my skin and for the price.

i bought this when i was feeling flush and wanted to treat myself, it's so expensive there's no way i would have bought it otherwise. HOWEVER it's a fantastic product. thick and creamy, non oily and very exfoliating. the smell is amazing and fresh at first and mellows to a softer scent after you've left the shower. it can be a little drying but for summer it's just so refreshing and a great way to cool down when it's hot.
i have to say though, i really wouldn't want to try this in the winter, it cools you down to the point of shivering, i've left the shower with goosebumps! while it feels great in the summer i don't find that aspect of it attractive when it comes to cold winter nights in my draughty bathroom!

on 4/24/2007 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

A great choice if you're looking for something that's as heavy duty as a salt scrub, but without the slippery oil base. Ultra grainy body scrub in a thick cream base. Handy squeeze tube packaging -- it's easier to deal with in the shower. Fabulous sinus clearing brisk peppermint scent too. I'd give this five lippies, if it didn't irritate my skin :( I love the scent of peppermint, but I've realized that if I get the oil on my skin, I get bumps and breakouts. I only used this product for two days, and by day three there were some small whiteheads & clogged pores (red spots around the hair follicles) that appeared on my arms and legs.

on 4/17/2007 4:01:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Overall I've found Bliss has the most overhyped, underperforming products in the cosmetics universe. But it has two rock stars: this and the eucalyptus salt scrub.

Super Minty suds, scrubs and has an excellent, not-sugary-sweet peppermint scent that I haven't gotten tired of after 4 tubes. (A little DOES go a long way...I just shower a lot!) The mint also perks up tired legs, sore muscles and grumpy husbands!

on 4/15/2007 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow! Just used this in the shower for the first time and I am now sitting typing this review and I'm freeeeezzzzing! The product is a very pale blue with tiny scrubby beads which lather very effectively leaving skin smooth and cool and minty fresh. I love it. Can't see myself using in the colder months as it really does make you feel chilly but what an amazing product for when you want to cool down and feel fresh. Great for summer holidays in the sun.

Little update: still love this but find my eyes are really sensitive when using this.

on 4/15/2007 4:04:00 AM

i really like this product; its sort of like a minty treat in the morning..better than coffee. I first bought this after it was named Allure's best some while ago. Anyways, the scrub has a paste-like consistency with blue jojoba beads. You dont need a lot as long as you are somewhat conservative; it will last a while. It leaves my skin verrry smooth and wonderful. And you have to scrub for like a while if you want the mintiness to stay post-shower. yay!

on 4/3/2007 11:28:00 PM

this scrub definitely cools you down - so maybe i will add a lippie in mid-July, but now when it's still cool, the chilling factor is a liability not an asset. i don't like feeling freezing after my shower. so i even tried to just use it on select body part that are especially dry and rough - knees and elbows, and there is nothing weirder than having knees and elbows several degrees cooler than the rest of your body! i felt like i rubbed peppermint patties on them. HOWEVER, the product was redeemed to 3 lippie status when i decided to use it as a foot scrub and for that it is amazing. i fill the tub with hot water and use this scrub for a mini-at-home pedicure. helps smooth out rought heels and the cool tinglies feel much better on toes than elbows!

on 3/19/2007 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have to say that this product did wonders for removing my messed up self-tanning mistakes. I smelled great, exfoliated to the max and a little goes a long way. I only gave it 4 lippies because of the price. It's $30, but I would definately buy again. If you like a squeeky clean feeling, this is the product for you.

on 2/7/2007 10:07:00 AM

I have been using this for a while now. A little goes a long way. At the beginning of my pregnancy when nausea would strike, I would use this and feel so much better. Leaves your whole body feeling cool, to the point where I shiver when I first get out of the shower, but I love it!