Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder

Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder
No Title

3.5

on 6/24/2016 6:58:00 PM

Love this for setting foundation. It has a strong rosy/silky smell to it but it's not bad at all. This powder is definitely something I'd look for in a powder. It's very silky and a little goes a long way. If you use too much obviously it'll look cakey so be careful! This will last you a very long time!

on 4/6/2016 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is a really great powder overall. I used to use this back in the day when I was in high school and forgot about it for years as I dabbled more and more into the world of high end beauty/makeup.

I got mine in the shade "translucent fair" although I have noticed it is sometimes called "transparent fair" which leads me to believe they are 2 different products...but back to the review: when applied with a damp beauty blender this gives me the most flawless finish and brightening effect under my eyes, and I actually enjoy that the fair shade is slightly yellow toned (even if I am neutral/cool toned). The shimmer in the powder completely fades upon application as does the scent which I really don't mind all that much.

The only reason I give it 4 stars is because of the price. Though not quite what most would consider expensive, I feel that $7 at walmart even is just too much. For the amount you get and the cheapy packaging, I feel that they could stand to lower the price by a couple of dollars. Other than that, I think this is a great setting powder and baking powder if you're into that sort of thing! Will continue to re-purchase and use!

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

No No No No No!!!!!! Don't buy this powder!!!!! You will very disappointed. Smell very bad and powder is so cakey on the skin. Also this powder has a simmer on it. And package is so cheap and powder will make so massy!!

on 12/16/2015 10:37:00 PM

This product ends up looking cakey on my face, however I do counteract it with my PIxi Dewy Glow Mist, thus kept using it. However, I've noticed I'm disliking it more and more due to the strong scent. It didn't bug me at first, but the more I use it the more noticeable it is to the point of giving me a headache. Also, it weirdly causes me to have a runny nose....
However, this may be better for someone with oily skin and not sensitive to scents because it does help your makeup stay on longer.

on 1/6/2016 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this powder! Its such a fabulous product for the price & will last you a very, very long time. I been wanting to try this product for years & when I tried it I fell in love! It performs like a high end product & its relatively available. One thing I dont care for is the scent. It smells like Noxzema face wash, but I could look past it. Another thing is a little goes a very long way! Its lightweight as well. A light dusting will get the job done. If you apply too much product it WILL get cakey & look over powdery. However its great for baking 👍. It does have tiny specks of glitter but its very shuttle. If you have very oily skin like me, you will love this product! It controls oil very well, & last very long.It didnt break me out so Im glad. My skin can be sensitive but my skin had no negative reaction to the powder. I applied the powder after I put my foundation on & it looked flawless. I took a nap & I tend to get oily afterwards but it still looked great & didnt have to touch up. The packaging can be improved with the lid being very delicate but that's not a con for me. Overall I really think this product is a definite holy grail item. Try it out, for 6$ its worth a try.

My only long-time powder. It's been pissing me off recently though. With very oily skin, it goes on great but after awhile of wear, I'm having to take my powder brush and blotting it in the oily patches. It goes on best with bare or just having used primer. Liquid foundation and this product don't mix well, I find. It's not the product's formula, but how uncontrollable the amount you get on your brush is. Terrible packaging. The lid pulls off easily, I've spilled it a million times. And it gets everywhere. The smell is so strong, I find even after washing my powder brush thoroughly, I can still catch a whiff of the powder on it. After weighing the pros and cons, I really don't know why I keep using it.

on 9/20/2015 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Listen, I probably have every pressed and loose powder in my current arsenal or in my past. This one has intrigued me for a few months. I decided to purchase it - $5.99 at Target. It has that 80's Covergirl smell that I find comforting. I wear MAC NW45 so I purchased this in the color Honey. This has lots of shimmer in it and ends up looking beautiful on my skin! I used this to 'bake' my undereye concealer and it came out beautiful! I've also used it on my entire face to set foundation with good results. Nothing will keep my oil from breaking through but this just gives me such a glow with the tiny golden shimmers. An excellent product I would gladly pay triple for, this is highly underrated. The only loose setting powder I can travel with because the powder puff keeps the powder in check and below the sifter. I will be repurchasing as long as they make this.

on 8/22/2015 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I actually used to own this powder years ago, but I decided to buy it again at Ulta during a BOGO50% sale a few months ago, because I needed a cheap loose powder to use for "baking" under the eyes. Just as I remember from when I bought it the first time around, it has that signature Noxzema scent of Cover Girl products, and a plastic sifter that seems a bit flimsy. It also comes with a powder puff, which I immediately took out because I will never use it. Instead, I apply this powder with a foam wedge sponge for use under the eyes, and a powder brush for the rest of the face.

When used for baking concealer under the eyes, this powder works quite nicely. It sets my Maybelline Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser concealer to a flawless finish. The shade Translucent Fair looks good whether I am pale or tan. It has yellow undertones, whereas Translucent Light looks more pink/peach. While I generally prefer the convenience of a pressed powder, I'd buy this again even if I were to use it only under the eyes.

on 8/22/2015 11:31:00 PM

This powder is interesting. Unlike other powders I've used, this one goes on the skin and changes the color of your skin to a beautiful youthful glow I don't even know how to explain it. The smell is a little strong, but after you've applied it you can't smell it anymore. I've stopped using it only for now since I'm very dark this summer, so I use this to set my under eye concealer. Love this.

on 8/8/2015 6:09:00 PM

I have tried several powders and this one is excellent. Please don't think it is a cheap product because of the price (that's just an added bonus!). I love that I finally found a powder that doesn't make me look overly powdered and dull. This will set your makeup without the loss of the radiance that you want to keep in your look. I do find that a brush works better than the included puff.