Laura Biagiotti - Roma

Laura Biagiotti - Roma

4.3

I was so totally surprised to read this review! Roma was my all time favorite fragrance back when it first came out. I thought I was so super sophisticated wearing it. I haven't smelled it for such a long time and wasn't even sure that they even made it anymore. After reading the review below, I remember how many compliments I got when I did wear it. Now, I'm motivated to look for it again to see if I'm fond of it as I was back in the day :D

on 6/3/2008 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Along with a couple of other great fragrances, Roma has been my favourite since it first appeared on the market almost 20 years ago. Whenever I wear this perfume I get tons of compliments. Unique and different, strong but not overpowering, it's a perfect summer fragrance as someone pointed out, although, it can be worn any time of the year. I have repurchased this perfume probably 10-15 times in the last 20 or so years and I never grew out of it.

on 10/26/2007 3:58:00 AM

I am impressed by the quality of the fragrance reviews on MUA. Some sound like real perfume buffs. I'm afraid I can't go into the fine details of the ingredients of the perfume - I just know if I like it or not. And I like this one, a lot. I have been wearing it on and off for many years. To me the scent is sort of fresh and floral (sorry that's as technical as I can get). Another reviewer commented that she though this pefume smelt "old" - well that puts me in my place! Funnily enough, a young colleague (who happens to be Italian) complemented me on my fragrance and then spoilt it by saying that it reminded me of her mother! (To be fair, her mother and I are probably quite close in age). Funnily enough, I have commented here that I find Joy an old-fashioned and old lady fragrance, but I don't see it with Roma.
I just love it. The only reason I don't wear it all the time is that I have only been able to find it in very large bottles. I love the look of the Grecian column but the glass is very thick and it weights down my handbag, as I like to carry my perfume with me.

on 2/17/2008 10:41:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I get no mint whatsoever. What I do get is very strong Black Currant. As it wears on, this fades down to a lovely oriental base with a slight powdered feel, which accounts for some reviewers opinions that it smells 'old.' It definitely has a vintage feel and smells like nothing that's come out in the last ten years. I get no fresh floral, no bright sunshiney Rome, but I do get a softly elegant understated Lady, capital "L" with that black currant showing up now and again to keep things interesting. I may not buy a full bottle, but I wouldn't be wasting my money if I did. Very nice, very pretty, and no, not for little girls. This is confident class all the way.

on 8/16/2007 9:30:00 AM

I like this perfume, but it's a little too "old" for me. Brings back old memories and feels a little too mature for me even though I like it on other women.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Roma is my new summer love... one of the best fragrances I've had the privilege of smelling! It has left an impression on me. It's a very suitable perfume for wandering around a city like Roma. :) It's very womanly, but not very strong. However, it won't go unnoticed. It has a confident vibe about it and it sparkles with bergamot. I'm definitely getting some animalistic notes from this that are a little too strong, but softens up as it dries down. It's beautifully blended and great for dry summer weather. I agree, it has class! At first I bought a mini, and as soon as I received the mini I set sail to buy a full bottle. I use it more than any other fragrance in my collection now. When I wear it, I do have flashbacks of my memories growing up in Italy. Not particularly Rome, but it also captures the essence of other large cities in Italy. When I first wore Roma, I was a bit taken back; the first spray reminded me of - to put it honestly - cat piss. I'm going to assume it's the mix of sharp grapefruit note with sharp mint note, but at least that sharp smell goes away in a flash. After it settles for a minute, the true beauty of Roma is revealed with a minty, slightly powdery jasmine. There is definitely a lot of musk or civet, or something animalistic that is very dominant, but not overpowering. After a while, you can smell the vanilla, too. It's just a gorgeous perfume. To me it seems to be a very sophisticated, feminine fragrance, and a confident luxurious one at that. Refreshing and assuring. I'll be buying it over and over again!

Notes as mentioned on fragrantica:
Top notes are pink grapefruit, sicilian bergamot, and fresh mint, hyacinth. Middle notes are jasmine, rose, lily of the valley with base notes of animalistic notes, vanilla, sandal wood, amber, musk, and civet.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Laura Biagiotti Roma reminds me of very much Guerlain's Jicky EdT. However, rather than a blast of lavendar in the opening you get a blast of pine/mint; then in the drydown there's a lovely soft amber, rather than a typical Guerlain vanilla drydown. I like both; they're similar but different. Roma is truly delightfully pleasant and easy to wear. I think I'll be looking for a bottle to add to my collection. It's FBW; and now that it's discontinued in the U.S., Roma is an inexpensive find. A European MUAer informed me recently that throughtout Europe -- LB Roma is still available in all forms. Enjoy!

on 2/3/2007 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This Laura Biagiotti fragrance is a gem. It starts out with herbal, minty citrus topnotes which I love. They are not too sharp though. It settles down to a soft floral amber vanilla that is not too sweet and retains a hint of the topnotes. It is completely well blended and smooth. Very easy to wear - could easily be an everyday fragrance. It is aptly named - just has a very Italian feel to it. It may be discontinued but there is alot of ths available at VERY low prices. I really think this is a better crafted fragrance than Venezia. I will always have this one around.

Somehow I cannot not appreciate this Laura Biagiotti fragrance... but it also gave me a pretty nasty headache... same thing with my sister, and my friend... seems to give that nasty headache all around... the smell is pretty nice otherwise if the headache does not get to you 1st

on 1/18/2007 9:57:00 PM

Roma has gotten me more compliments that any other fragrance ... and I own a bunch. One man I worked with would walk by my desk in the morning to get "his Roma fix," and called me from a department store to confirm the name so that he could buy it for his wife. I've had friends who don't wear any fragrance go out and buy it because they loved it so much. One friend who wore Ysatis, exclusively, and had no use for other fragrances, actually complimented me on Roma. The compliments just keep coming! I guess Roma "works for me."

Popular Fragrances