Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Curious

3.4

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Curious is a breath of fresh air from your typical teenage girl gourmand. It smells very fresh, clean, and shampoo-like to me. I love a good white floral; honestly I've searched for higher end white florals but there's usually something about them I don't like, however, curious is my favorite affordable white floral/vanilla musk. I've loved this perfume since it came out; I remember smelling ads and wanting to buy it. The longevity is pretty decent for a celebriscent. Easy to find and decently priced, you can usually get a good deal online or at TJ Maxx/Marshalls.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A fun scent!! I am not in the target range demographic neither, but this is fruity & clean. I don't really like her or her music but this & Fantasy are super good perfumes!! They do seem a bit overpriced however which keeps me from purchasing this (& other celebutard perfumes) on a regular basis when I can get 7 for $35 at VS!! :)

I am clearly not in the age demographic for Curious, however, I love it. It does not give off that "juvenile" scent vibe like some other celebrity scents do and actually some non-celebrity scents (Aquolina Pink Sugar - i'm lookin' at you !!!). It is a creamy, soft white floral w/ a hint of vanilla that dries down to a more musky floral. It is a clean, cozy fragrance that makes you feel good. I also think it is appropriate for any occasion, season or time of day. It is soft but has staying power and has a decent sillage (the kind you want to have when people are within close range, NOT the kind that drives people screaming from an elevator. You can get this on sale at drug stores. You can get this at discount stores like TJ Maxx....so it's very cost effective. I like that she still does the gift sets w/ special little lip glosses or trinkets (because it's no longer carried at Macy's you don't get the REALLY fabulous gifts, but at least there's still cute girlie trinkets to be had). The bottle is fabulous..... I think any age can wear this and wear it well. Don't be prejudiced because you don't like Britney or you think it's "too young" .... bust outta your shell and try it :) I think you'll be glad that you did.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

damn i hate this white floral semelling perfume... dont know why did i ever bought it. im gonna get home and throw it to the toilett. ewwwwwwwwwww

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm surprised at the reviews here, I actually really like this perfume. Yes it is sweet and more suited to younger individuals but I really like the scent. Packaging looks cute, it was really cheap too.

As a major Britney fan when I was a teen, I of course wanted to own her perfume so when curious came out I purchased it. I loved it then and 7 years later I still love it. It's not too strong and I have received a load of compliments on how nice it is. I got a bottle of it for Christmas and I hadn't worn it in so long that I had forgotten how nice it is. Will deffo use up the bottle I got and would recommend buying. If in the market for a Britney perfume I think it's the nicest, steer clear of Fantasy, that stuff is so sweet that it's sickening!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Sshhhh...I am going to be one of those ladies that suddenly "forgets" what she's wearing if someone asks what perfume I am wearing. I doubt anyone will, but I can't see this offending anyone, I have a body spray, which is a lighter version of the EDT, obviously. It's a non soapy, "shower fresh"kind of scent, nothing too sharp or spicy. I think there is a VS Pink scent that is similar..."Fresh and Clean"? It was cheap so I threw in my cart, I figure it will be a nice alternative when the South's monstrous humidity grabs us all by the throat. Meh. If not, I'll just keep it by the toilet for "poopourri".

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

A magical fragrance IMHO. Curious has a special beauty that's indescribable. I absolutely LOVE Curious (esp in Summer) and hope they never discontinue it. I finished a big 3.4oz bottle, and I now have another 3.4oz, plus two 1.7oz bottles, plus a mini -- plus 2 lotions & 2 shower gels. (because I ordered 2 gift sets)

Below is how I realized how incredible this fragrance is:

I was once testing perfumes at TJ Maxx, and there were 2 girls on the opposite side of the display, also testing perfumes. All of a sudden there came this AMAZING scent from where they were testing. It stopped me in my tracks -- it was arrestingly beautiful. In a flash, I ran around the display & asked them what they had just sprayed -- it was Curious -- and it smelled sooooo much better than Every Other Perfume in the store, to my nose.

Words don't do it justice, but I'll try. Curious is light, delicate, clean, sweet, ethereal. It's a soft, limpid, languid, skin-musky, almost watery floral. I'm primarily a sweet gourmand & oriental vanilla lover -- also musks -- and I don't like florals unless they're very soft, musky, and sensual -- which Curious is. No loud or sharp tuberose, gardenias, roses, or big jasmines for me -- my florals have to be on the light, sweet, clean, softly skin-musky side.

The main floral note of Curious is magnolia, and there's also pear and vanilla in it -- all are sweet, fresh, light notes which meld together into magic-ness. Curious is soft, skin-musky, delicate, feminine -- just incredible! It's a shape-shifter -- it has a "je-ne-sais-qua" (sp). For being light, it's an EDP that has good strength, throw, & longevity.

An EDP which launched in 2004 by Elizabeth Arden, here are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes -- Pear, Lotus, Magnolia
Heart Notes -- Pink cyclamen, Jasmine, Tuberose
Base Notes -- Blond wood, Vanilla musk, Sandalwood

Others in this same general fragrance family -- which I also LOVE -- are Ralph Lauren Blue, Lanvin Eclat d'Arpege, and Tocca Stella.

ADDENDUM 7/21/16: I craved and am now wearing Curious on this hot day and am still loooving it to pieces! Oooohhh, so good! Quite frankly, it almost takes me back to the discontinued Eau de Love, by Love Cosmetics, which I wore in Summer 1971. Eau de Love had an incredible light fresh ethereal musky sensuality -- and so does Curious.

Curious is one of my "essentials" -- I want to stockpile a lifetime supply in my closet.

True (and embarrassing) story: I used to wear this perfume. It took my poor roommate two years to get up the nerve to tell me that this perfume smelled like "rotting cat piss" - this perfume has a habit of turning sour and rotting in the bottle. Once I switched it out for a more high-quality scent and came back to it later, I realized how cloying it really is. It's sickeningly sweet. I can't believe I ever wore this.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

First off let me say this is a personal favorite. Curious is a great option for casual daily wear- it has a memorable, clean, enticing scent to it. For more serious events, or a night out I usually go for something heavier. But all in all, this is a fantabulous* perfume. Matter of fact, I own the body spray for now, and plan on buying the perfume.
Buying in the near future. <3