Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

My favorite eyeshadow primer so far! I'm glad I picked this up on a sale again! A little of this product goes a long way and it will last you a long time so the price point is justifiable. I can not do my eyeshadow without this product, so it's definitely a staple for me. I do have to set it with some powder for maximum longevity and anti-creasing. If your eyelids are very oily like mine and you find yourself struggling a bit with this product I would recommend setting it with powder like I do.

on 7/13/2018 4:36:00 PM

I got myself the trial size which is awesomely available to start with. I do not use eyeshadow but have creasing in laugh lines when wearing foundation and have been reading this might help. It really does. I use the applicator directly on skin and it is well made and multitask. I love the container really and the ''brush'' is really user friendly. I find it hard to blend on face but since it's not it's intended purpose it only makes sense. makes sure to blend well it it is for foundation creasing otherwise it'll be patchy. Pricey but now 50% off at ullta so it's time to get one :)

on 7/5/2018 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is one of my must have items! I've been using this for many years and never wear eye shadow without using this first. Even my 11 year old daughter was playing dress up with use friend and I heard her holler "stop you can't put eye shadow on until you put Urban decay prime shadow on" lol. A full sized tube is 22–24 dollars depending on which variant you pick. The price is a good value for the amount in tube vs the tiny amount needed to each lid. If that is more than like to spend, the mini version is half the price and still a lot of product. Why is this a must have for me? Because when I apply this prior to shadow, it takes my eye shadow game to the next level. It gives me a primed surface that gives me a smooth blurred lid for optimal shadow application. It enhances the color worn, helping my eye-shadow be the most vibrant and bold color it can. It keeps my shadow from ever creasing or fading and holds true to that just applied look for up to 24 hours. It goes on easily, taking a small amount and dabbing it over my entire lid. It dries quickly and I've never had it have any negative effect to my shadow application. I have this in original (sheer nude) anti aging, skin (pale nude shimmer) eden (matte nude) and freebase (white). I wear them all and rotate thru them depending on the look I am going for. My only complaint is I prefer the old style to this new doe foot applicator but its not a negative about the product as much as me not liking changes. I recommend this to everyone. I don't understand how or why people wear eye shadow without priming for optimal wear each time

I’m going to be honest, I tried to switch to something more exciting. Tried many different products over several years. Recently, I received a sample of this though, and was reminded of what a good job it does. Therefore, I am back to using it again.

on 6/3/2018 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Kinky, Fine

Me before primer potion: lmao ok sure I’ve heard good things but my eyelids are slicker than a crooked lawyer so good luck UD Me after a sweaty, humid night at a bar with no AC, 5+ drinks, rob zombies dragula at full blast, and then the raw nerve to fall asleep with a face full of makeup: UD this is witchcraft, how am I brutally hungover but my eyes look like I just did them??? This is isn’t staying power this is LOYALTY TO MY LOOK power

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Definitely one of the best primers: really helps eye shadow go on smoothly and stay put (not the easiest of tasks to achieve). Have purchased more 'premium' brands in the past i.e Estee lauder or Lancôme but none gave me the results that this has. I can use this on a morning, apply eyeshadow and not have to touch up later in the day before a night out. That's what I call results! Would recommend to all the ladies after a decent eyeshadow primer.

on 5/7/2018 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've bought this in the past, and most recently I received this as a free gift with my Sephora points. It's a very good primer. When I use this my eye shadow goes on more smoothly and lasts longer. The tube is super cute. Overall, it's a great product. However, I don't know if I would buy it again at full price. Normally I use e.l.f. eye shadow primer which retails for around a $1.00 dollar. The e.l.f. primer does a great job and is a fraction of the price of the Urban Decay. I'd rather spend my money on skin care, but if you have extra money to spend, or eye shadow primer is really important to you, buy the Urban Decay, it's the best of the best.

on 5/7/2018 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have had many primers before, but this one works wonders, especially because I do not have perfect instagram eye lids, I have droopy eyelids and for me it is important not to look like a panda when I have eyeliner on, because I really love wearing it. It enhances eyeshadow pigment, however, if you want color to pop (e.g. I have Prism from ABH with Sphere eyeshadow) I would use a more white primer to make that yellow really stand out.
But definitely buying it again, super awesome.

One of the few MU products I keep repeatedly buying (I’m always BOLO for the next newest greatest thing—I like trying new products!) I’m stuck between this & MAC 24H primer both are equally awesome & UD is a couple dollars cheaper & they don’t test although their parent company does. UDPP makes my e/s & liner stay put & I put a little on my tzone for less blotting (it seems to work! I’m oily!). This is my fave e/s primer & when I finish my MAC I’ll “only” rebuy UDPP (the travel size is only $12 & lasts a long time.) The big 1 I’d worry about drying out some. I don’t mind the wand, I reserve mine for personal use. Bottom line is it does its job, it’s fairly easy to procure, & it won’t break the bank. #winning Grade: A+

on 4/20/2018 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

WORTH EVERY PENNY! I heard the amazing reviews for this product, and I finally bit the bullet and purchased it...and wow! Really great stuff, doesn't irritate my eyes and makes my eye shadow look amazing and last all day like I just put it on. I'm only mad I waited this long to purchase it! five stars all the way.

Video Reviews & Tutorials