SkinMedica RETINOL COMPLEX

SkinMedica RETINOL COMPLEX

4.5

on 3/30/2011 6:37:00 PM

HG product! I use this every other night and it has transformed my skin!! I use after I wash my face in the evenings followed by La Mer -- When I wake up my skin is silky smooth & flawless. Its a bit expensive, but worth every penny in my opinion!! I have repurchased 3 times --- it lasts me about 9 months +/-

on 2/6/2011 9:16:00 PM

I've tried a lot of retinol products (prescription and OTC) and this is the first one that has not ruined my skin. All the other products either made my skin break out in cysts (!) or dried it out to a flakey mess. My dermatologist gave me sample of this and my skin has been clear ever since. I've only used it for three weeks, so it's hard to tell if it's smoothed out any fine lines, but I'll continue using it just for making my skin clear and glowing!

on 12/10/2010 10:43:00 PM

Wow! I love love love this product. I'm already on my second tube and I really wanted to share how great it is. For the past few years my skin has been ultra sensitive and I have had a patch of stubborn pimples on my cheek that wouldn't budge. The dermatologist said i had acne rosacea... Tried lots of products to clear up the cheek but mostly all irritated my skin and make the problem worse and more noticeable. Finally i have discovered which products are making my skin glow and finally that patch of pimples is gone and my face is sooooo smooth! Here it is---- at night i wash with Spa Face spirulina cleanser, followed by Skin Medica purifying toner, followed by Skin Medica Retinol Complex, sometimes after the retinol i might add Skin Medica ultra sheer moisturizer.... In the morning my skin is smooth and plump and clear!! In the am i just wash with the spa face and use the ultra sheer moisturizer and then some light foundation. Skin Medica products are amazing..... I'm soooo happy that they are working for my skin...yay!!!w

on 2/17/2010 7:58:00 PM

I had great results with this upon first application! Yes, finally an effective and gentle retinol treatment. I was recommended to use this at night, following cleansing as the first product on my skin if i would be using moisturizer, blemish spot treatment etc. Immediately reduced size of my pores, complexion more even, decreased break-outs. I constantly get compliments on my skin - I have a hunch the SkinMedica Retinol Treatment might have something to do with that!
Been using this for 4 yrs.

This is a great Retinol. There is no fragrance and it goes on smooth and creamy. It doesn't irritate or sting but is highly effective. I've tried other Retinol products and always always always go back to Skin Medica. I love this product!

This is by far the best retinol product on the market. I've used a few retinol products: Retin-A, generic tretinoin and Roc Wrinkle Repair...all of which caused intense dryness and mixed results. I was previously using Roc's Retinol when my derm gave me a sample of Skinmedica's Retinol Complex. Surprisingly it makes my skin feel moisturized, not dry at all! My skin has never been clearer or smoother. I use it every night where as with the other retinol products I could only use every other night because of how harsh they were. It is totally worth the price!

Update: Still an amazing Retinol Product, but I tried Atralin .05% gel and it was even more moisturizing than this! Atralin and Skinmedica's Retinol Complex are the first moisturizing and non-irritating retinols I've used. I highly recommend trying either of them!

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I was looking for a replacement for Skinceuticals .5% retinol and tried this. It is a lightweight lotion that absorbs easily into the skin and does not cause my combo skin to breakout. Contains a blend of three types of vitamin A. This makes my skin feel great. Most retinol creams are very drying for me and I have to apply a moisturizer on top. However, I would have to say that the retinol strength of this product is not any different than the much more affordable OTC retinols ( Neutrogena and Avon) that I have tried. I would repurchase if it was a higher percentage retinol and did not have paraben preservatives in it.

on 3/24/2008 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I received a sample of the SkinMedica Retinol Complex with my last skinstore.com order. I would be more interested in this product if I didn't know how much more effective retinaldehyde (found in Avene products such as Retrinal, Eluage, and Ystheal) and prescription retinoids are than retinol. (Tetrakis's notepad explains this.) For those whose skin is so sensitive that they truly can't use retinaldehyde or prescription retinoids, this is a nice, though pricey, option. It is moisturizing (though those with dry skin may not find it hydrating enough), and it has a nice texture. It is not fragranced, but it does have a slightly unpleasant smell that fortunately dissipates quickly. Overall, this product isn't really for me, but it might be great for others.
Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Retinyl Acetate, Retinol, Rice Bran Extract (Tocotrienol), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopheryl, Canadian Willowherb Extract, Green Tea Extract, Bisabolol, Phytantriol, Sodium Polyaspartate, Soybean Oil, Cyclomethicone, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-2, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Allyl Methacrylates Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA. continued >>

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this product! I found retin A and renova a little harsh for my skin but this is perfect. I use it on my neck and I think that is one of the reasons I have had improvements in the crepiness(I used it in combination with sisley Elixir first followed by skin medica retinol followed by a quality neck cream.

Its so fantastic! After using it for 2 weeks i can see the changes im my face. It smells suck but does work. The acnes disappeared und even the pores are visiblly getting smaller.
Love it. Will buy it again!