Sue Devitt Triple C-weed Loose Powder

No Image

Gorgeous! This is my favorite powder, either loose or pressed. I used MAC Blot Powder but this is a million times nicer. The Blot Powder made my face really cakey and dry looking but Sue Devitt's Triple C-weed Loose Powder really has a wonderful dewey and radiant glow to it. I use it over her 70% Water Seaweed Foundation Gel and this is a nice combination for a radiant look. The only bad thing with this product is the dispenser. While being cute as heck, I haven't yet found out a good way to get the powder onto a powder brush seeing as the puff it comes with is way too tiny to use. I usually just fold up a tissue and shake some powder onto the tissue, swirl my brush onto the tissue, then apply. Unfortunately, I'm afraid of this method wasting too much product. Anyone else have any ideas? Despite the packaging of this product, I will most definitely buy this again because it is the best powder I have used so far!

I think it's a high quality product. As other reviewers said, it controls shine well and sets makeup nicely without looking chalky. It has very good coverage as loose powder since it is quite pigmented. If I use a very light hand, it looks nice. But if I use a bit too much, it makes my face look made up, adding too much color (maybe it is because the shade tanami is a bit too deep for me). Personally I prefer sheerer powders. A good product if you're looking for a good coverage loose powder.

on 8/25/2006 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Sue Devitt loose powder is great. I use it on top of the Sue Devitt's pressed powder. It does not break me out which majority of products does make me break out. It gives you a very smooth look and with a healthy glow. I use the granite downs color. I also use this loose powder as a bronzer too. I would say this is the best loose powder that I have used. Love it :)

on 6/21/2006 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Finally...I've found a powder that works for me...and that's not an easy feat!!! I'm a DDD (NW50) with very oily, blemish-prone skin. However, this loose powder and some concealer under my eyes makes my skin look flawless, smooth, yet still natural. I've been using the darkest shade Tirari Desert, but plan to buy a shade lighter, Kimberley Plateau, the next time round. The price is okay for the quality.

I use my Smashbox #19 face brush to apply the powder.

on 4/26/2006 2:04:00 AM

This is a major dissapoitment to me.

PROS-
Great pigment
Matte Finish

CONS-
Really hard to apply
Messy
Too dark ( I purchased the tanami concealer thinking the tanami loose powder would also work)

Would not repurchase.

on 4/5/2006 4:15:00 AM

If you don't have dry skin, you probably won't notice how fine the powder really is. I have dried skin and this is by far, the most natural, sheer, and moist powder I've tried. I've tried Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown, Shu Uemura, T. Leclerc, Maybelline, Covergirl, Chanel, Dior, YSL, Estee Lauder, etc. None of them compare. I have it in tsunami and it's great for my light olive skintone. The only downside is the price and the packaging. The puff it comes with is entirely useless. It's barely big enough and fit on a few fingers. But the powder itself makes up for that.

on 3/14/2006 4:43:00 PM

I will start out by saying, yes this is quite expensive, however I think it is totally worth the price. I have never like powder because of the way it feels on my skin and never felt that it looked natural..so over the years i have tried many just to see...nonne fit the bill except for this one. I already use sue devitt seaweed foundations and have found that i love this powder over them (if i am going out and want a polished look) or even better i just brush some on my face with concealor and lipstick and my skin looks very smooth and clean and polished. You can reapply this powder and it will not cake or settle, has a very smooth silky feel even after it is applied to the skin. I have this in Quiet&Still and am a PPP, redhead with blue-green eyes.

on 9/4/2005 2:04:00 AM

Let me first get my pet peeve about this out of the way - why even include a little puff that small? It would take FOREVER to apply this powder with taht tiny little thing. I use a powder brush and find the process a lot easier.

This sets the foundation well - and cuts down on the shine that inevitably happens in summer. It's a little expensive for the amount - but gven how well it matches my skintone I will repurchase.EDIT: I've decided against repurchasing this. For some reason, this has started to go on uneven over my foundation. I haven't done anything different so I am not sure what is going on but it is way to expensive for this to be happening.

oh, I have this in Tanami (I am N4 in MAC)

on 8/7/2005 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a really good powder for those of us w/ oily skin. I use it after foundation and it really gives my skin a soft well blended look w/ a healthy glow. And the yellow tint is great for my olive toned skin. I also have acne prone skin, and it has not made me break out at all -which is a huge plus for me. Yes it is a little pricey for the size, but for those who dont mind spending the cash its a good option.

on 7/29/2005 10:08:00 AM

I hate that heavy foundation feeling so I have always just used loose powder on my normal skin. This is the best loose powder I have ever used. It has a great yellowish base (to avoid that "ruddy" look). I had it in Great Sandy Desert and it matched my skin perfectly. I have relatively tan skin. However, it was too expensive for the quantity of product. I haven't found a cheaper one that compares to it yet but I am looking.