MAC Lustreglass in Decorative

4.5

on 2/27/2008 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The most beautiful colour I have in my collection! A rich, deep plum with flecks of gold...incredibly flattering on my pale complexion, though I bet it would look great on anyone! Always have a tube of this on, can't stand to run out! Great finish too...sheer, but with great colour.

on 11/1/2007 4:41:00 PM

I have used MAC Lipglasses in the past, and even the Plushglass, but never the Lustreglass. A makeup artist used in a wedding I was in this past weekend, put this stuff on me except in Love Nectar...and I fell in love with the texture. It's a bit heavier than my Vincent Longo, but not as heavy or sticky as the Lipglass. It has better staying power than both, too.

I thought the glitter/sparkles would look ridiculous on me, but they are barely noticeable and actually make the gloss a bit more dimensional. Very shiny, makes for a lovely pout.

The color is very close to my naturally pigmented lips when applied -- you can tell I have something on my lips that makes them a little more flushed, but otherwise, the color is much more sheer than in the tube. I am an NC40.

I like wearing this with the Carmellow liner for day, and layering over lipstick (something that pops, like MAC Capricious!) in the evening.

My only gripe is the weird brush -- not a doe foot, but a real tiny brush. While this controls the amount being glopped on your lips, I believe it will have a tendency of spreading and ending up looking completely disgusting in the future.

on 8/13/2007 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

I'm a NC45 with light brown/hazel eyes. I think this color looks great on me...a plum with a very soft gold shimmer to it. I tend to save this for evenings...I usually do the natural lip during the day.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this because it looked so good on my co-worker. On me though, it's just another basic plum with red tones. I do love the texture though. The lustreglass formula is slicker than lipglass which feels gross as it wears off or if too much is applied. Not sure if I'd buy again, but I'll reach for it more once fall begins.

on 10/14/2007 3:05:00 PM

NC 42 GGG/DDD. Gorgeous blackberry color almost like a glaze. Will repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I FINALLY FOUND IT!!!!....I've been obsessed with the Sephora Bronzed Beauty lipgloss for a while...but I hated the fact that it barely lasted...today I finally went to MAC and found this color which is VERY close to it...and it has good stayin power...even through a meal...I LOVE IT!!!!....however...if I were to get really critical..I would change the lip brush...I HATE lipbrushes...I wish it cam in a tupe of the sponge brush...but.......I STILL LOVE IT!!!! ; )

on 2/6/2007 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Decorative is a beautiful plum colour with hints of purple, loaded with fine gold shimmer. Pigmented enough to give some colour to my already pigmented lips. The gold shimmer isn't really obvious when applied. Looks great on darker skintones (I'm NC45-50). As with all lustreglasses, it comes with a brush-tipped applicator, which is great for controlled application and it's not too sticky. After an big meal, lips were still moisturised, although the colour colour had disappeared. Will repurchase if I ever run out.

on 3/31/2007 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really like this shade, and it goes from day to night quite easily. The gold shimmer is not really obvious on my lips, but this shade definitely has a more agressive gleam than other lipglasses I've tried. I'm a FFF with green eyes and this shade is great for me. I went into the shop with every intention of buying Pop Mode (based mostly on MUA reviews) but it didn't look like I'd expected, so I went with Decorated. I usually can't be bothered with lip gloss of any kind, but MAC's lipglasses are better than most, and I've gotta say the lustrewear shades give killer shine and shimmer.

on 1/3/2007 2:02:00 PM

Really gorgeous rich plum. Definitely more pigmented than a lot of other lustreglasses, though staying power lacks. Really compliments green eyes and fair skin.

Once it runs out, I wont be repurchasing.
Way too many other MAC colors and textures of glosses to try!

on 1/15/2007 2:14:00 AM

FFF warm complexion brown eyes: I like the lustreglasses much better than the lipglasses because they do not feel like glue on my lips. That said, Decorative is a beautiful plum color that is super flattering on my warm complexion (yes warm complected dolls can wear this color). Staying power is ok but this color is quite pigmented & it is such a great color I can overlook that.