Dior Hypnotic Poison

A heavy scent of warm vanilla and spices.

I feel so elegant when Im wearing this, when my husband and I are going out. I´ve go the
100 ml, and it was totally worth saving up for.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The perfect vanilla for people with a chemistry that turns other vanillas/sweet notes into a cloying mess. Hypnotic poison melts perfectly on my naturally warm temperature skin, to produce an AMAZING vanilla, almond, coconut, wood musk, slightly salty smell (PHEW that was long!). And probably I should mention that the outcome is not a foody one! It's a strangely human scent, it almost feels as if it has a pulse. I cant get over how alive and natural it smells to my nose. And at the same time its so calming and cuddly. I also love how it doesn't project too far but has a great lasting power. As an introvert I don't like to be noticed by everybody but only by a select few people. But I do want my perfume to stay on. So this is perfect. To sum up, Hypnotic poison certainly deserves its' reputation!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love, love, love. I have adored many fragrances in my life, but this may be my favorite of them all. It is a yummy vanilla scent.... but in a totally sexy, deep, spicy, and intoxicating kind of way... not at all juvenile or cheap smelling (like so many vanilla scents out there). I don't think I could ever grow tired of this masterpiece.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This smells like a large dose of powder and some good vanilla on me, It's vety pleasant. Vanilla makes an awesome room freshener too.
The vanilla in this is almost edible, want to add some to my coffee or spray the kitchen. Really this is gorgeous.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This was once an amazing beauty. The original EDT, which was awe inspiring because it projected more like an EDP. It was rich and beautiful. I bought a bottle recently and it was not the same. It was as if the old EDT was an EDP and the one that is out now is a watered down EDT version of it. It still has the DNA of Hypnotic Poison, but it is much lighter, and doesn't project as well. Sad, but this is true of many of the classic scents of yesteryear that used to command attention, but now hardly whimper.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

My boyfriend thinks this is the sexiest scent ever (so I got it as a present) but I don't like it at all! I still gave it 3 stars because of how much he loves it..

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

It's my all time favorite. I love it. A perfect vanilla fragrance , especially for fall/winter. It is sweet ,warm and sexy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I don't get the constant hype for the whole poison line, I really don't. It's all cloying to the max, overly sweet and synthetic and totally one dimensional and cheap smelling - for me personally nauseating and instantly causing severe headaches.
And apart from that, at least in Germany, everybody and her mum are wearing this, and to put it in mild and friendly words, mostly the younger and older tacky "girls" - they seem to adore this. Totally irritating and an interesting thought why this line is so successful...

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I've always steered clear from the Poison line because I associate it with a very heady type of fragrance. Not my cup of tea, or so I thought....

I dislike vanilla in a fragrance, and oriental fragrances, period. Just doesn't work with my body chemistry. While at Sephora during this past winter, I spritzed on HP out of curiosity. Never in a million years did I think an oriental, vanilla would stop me in my tracks.....in a good way! The vanilla doesn't morph on my skin into a giant bottle of vanilla extract, and there's another distinct smell; however, cannot place it for anything. All I know is it doesn't smell like a lot of fragrances on the market today. People say they smell almonds, or almond cookies, but I don't smell almonds. However, do smell sandalwood, a creamy vanilla and spicy caraway. When people write they smell play-doh, I have to laugh. There is a slight play-doh smell, but trust me, HP smells a lot better than play-doh.

I first wore this during the winter with jeans, turtleneck and boots. What a perfect fragrance to wear. When spring arrived, tucked my sample away. Couldn't fathom wearing this during spring and summer. Well, one day I just had to wear this during a hot summer day to see if it would be suitable. Oh my.....the warm sweetness of HP is perfect for summer. As a matter of fact, do prefer wearing it in summer over winter.

Never thought I would have a bottle shaped like a red apple on my vanity. Do think it adds a certain charm.

HP isn't a fragrance I wear every day, it's a fragrance I wear when I need a break from my usual florals and fruity/florals, and it delivers!

If you're looking for a non-cloying, rich and heady, spicy vanilla, recommend testing HP.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this fragrance, very soft and sensual.

Popular Fragrances