Marcelle Hydra-C ComplexE Moisturizing Gel-Cream

No Image

3.8

on 12/31/2009 7:45:00 AM

My skin is combination extreme....very oily t-zone and very dry (dehydrated) everywhere else. I bought this to use as a night cream because during the day I can only wear a very strong sunscreen. I needed something to help with fine lines and something to soothe my dry flaky parts so that I could apply foundation in the morning on well hydrated skin.

I've been using this product for a week now and it is doing the job perfectly! It has a nice light feel, no scent, and it absorbs very well. I will buy this again, the price is right 18$ CAD

on 8/3/2009 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

* I am reviewing the regular gel-cream.

I love this stuff. I haven't been using it for very long and will update if anything changes, but so far this stuff rocks! I originally bought it to use as a night cream, but I ended up loving it so much that I use it in the mornings now too. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin. The menthol in this doesn't bother me, and so far no irritation, burning, or best of all - no breakouts. It is the perfect consistency for me. Sinks in and leaves no greasy layer. I've been really dry due to a really bad sunburn last weekend, and since using this stuff, my face is super soft and the flakes are gone. I've used probably every moisturizer on the shelf, and this is by far my favourite.

* UPDATE (08/13/09): unfortunately, I believe this stuff has made me break out. I got small grainy bumps all over my upper lip, chin, and then forehead. Two days ago I stopped using it the bumps are disappearing. Sad :( I really loved how this stuff felt on my face.

When I started to use this product I was not sure how it would turn out. I have combination skin with the tendency to breakout. Ever since I used this product, my skin has cleared up quite a bit, it is a lot more radiant and glows. It is a good moisturizer for my skin in the cold, dry winter months. I have not used it during the summer yet, something to try. I find that this product will work best if your skin is cleaned twice daily and exfoliated at least twice a week. The dead skin cell when not exfoliated prevents the skin from absorbing the moisturizer. So exfoliate according to your skin type. Another note, if your cream smells weird, it maybe an indication that it is over due. I would return it if that is the case, because my cream does not smell like anything.

on 6/30/2008 1:17:00 PM

I used to dislike this product, b/c when I first started using it, i felt a burning sensation on my skin. But after using it for about 4-5 months, my skin has an even complexion, it's really smooth too. I do still get pimples, but the amount of pimples I get has decreased. Plus my pimples are really small, rather than the medium to huge sized pimples I got a few years ago. I have oily/combination skin, and I believe this moisturizer does a decent job controlling my oily skin. Overall I would recommend this product to anybody. It's about $20 for a 50ml jar. (a jar of this stuff lasts for about 2 months).

on 6/14/2009 3:16:00 PM

I have just starting using this cream about 1 month ago and it might not be enough time for me to give a proper review..but I love this cream!Im another combo skin type and yes,I will repurchase this again.I use the hydra-C line but I also only use this cream at night,after I use the Marcelle cleanser after my shower.It does not break me out,it leaves my skin soft..BUT..this is so far.Maybe upon using this product for awhile,say,3-4 months,my review could change.I hope not:)Im curious to know how it will work in the winter.We shall see:)

I was looking for a night moisturizer with vitamin E, and this seems the right product, since I use Marcelle multi-defense lotion and it's hypoallergic, maybe this will work.
At first, there is a weird stinging and burning sensation, then I searched for its ingredient, found it's menthol, which was supposed to give me the cooling sensation. But after awhile, I felt this moisturizer is pretty good. My face felt velvety and really moist, and I feel this gel-cream can be absorbed really well, no greasy feeling at all like all other moisturizers.
However I'm still not sure whether it helps my complexion and it's a little pricey.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I am reviewing the 24H Dry Skin gel-cream (there's one for normal skin which I have also tried and I prefer that one).

I found this causes more problems to my skin and makes it drier. I'm not sure why, when it's supposed to provide more moisture than the regular one.

If you want to try it, I suggest starting out with the normal-skin one, NOT the 24H Dry Skin one, even if you have dry skin. There is something weird about the dry skin formula.

on 6/11/2007 11:52:00 AM

I use this in the summer only as it's not moisturizing enough for the winter. It leaves my skin glowing but not greasy. It has improved the texture and evened out the colour of my skin. It is somewhat sticky to the touch and sometimes it does sting if I get it into my eyes. But I still haven't been able to find something better. I use the 24hr Dry Skin version and have never tried the regular Hydra-C ComplexE. Overall I'm still hoping to find something I can use all year and that has SPF but this is good for now.

on 5/26/2007 6:21:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I can't wear this product often. Sometimes, my sensitive skin can't stand it. When my cheeks are dry, I put the cream on and it moisturizes my skin. I won't recommend this cream for someone who have a sensitive skin.

on 7/23/2007 8:57:00 AM

This cream has a weird smell even by it being fragrance-free. Does give you a glow but leaves a film and i started to get some pimples with time...Wont repurchase....