Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

4.5

White Petrolatum

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I like this on my lips and to heal scab faster. BUT no matter how many articles or people say it doesn't clog pores, it clogs mine. I used it an thinly as I possibly could, then whiteheads appeared in the morning. I have tried it many occasions and same results follow. The packaging isn't hygienic either.

on 1/1/2017 3:28:00 PM

It's a must have for every household. I have a huge jar of this by my bed because I have dry hands and lips so I put some on before I sleep. Day after, I have smooth hands and lips. I also carry a small jar in my purse for the same reason and I also use this as a lip balm before I put on any lipstick. Would highly recommend this because it's one of those overall great multipurpose products you've got to bring with you.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Any petroleum jelly will do--it's all a product of mineral oil distillation. But we all love the blue label. When I was a kid, the carbolated (had phenol, a disinfectant) came in a serious-looking BROWN tiny bottle and was used for really bad injuries. My doctor in college was weirdly obsessed with navel lint (she must have seen lots of it) and recommended you pack your belly button with vaseline and then wait overnight. Wipe out your navel with a tissue. OMG. What comes out should be considered hazardous waste. Do this once in a while to remove shed cells and gathered dust. I also use it for the mid winter cracked heel will this weather ever end treatment. You slather your feet thickly with this stuff (hence buying the generic brand) and then put on a pair of old cotton socks. Go to sleep (probably alone) and your feet will be much nicer in the morning and the guy at the pedicure bath will not scowl and say incomprehensible things to the little girl next to him that you assume mean your feet are like elephant pads but really, he's talking about what he's ordering for lunch in the next 20 minutes. Some people favor petroleum jelly because it's "Cruelty-Free" but all those dinosaurs were killed to make this, murdered by a meteor that changed their climate and they all died and if that isn't cruel, what is? Oh, one more great use for Vaseline: keeping your hairline clean when you color your hair. I stopped using blocking cream and I just dab Vaseline all around in front of those fine grey hairs that lose color first. I smear a barrier around and never worry about staining my face. Only problem, I always miss ONE little spot and some hair stays grey, and worse yet, if you are clumsy and get it on your hair, it will prevent the dye from covering those pesky hairs. But I still use it, because when I'm done, the Vaseline works as an occlusive moisturizer on my skin.

on 12/16/2016 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Vaseline is my miracle worker, I use it after I wash my face as my nightime moisturiser, and in the morning my face is soft and much clearer, it helps redness fade like magic. The money I've spent on moisturisers is ridiculous, this cost me £2 for a huge tub which will last months. Can't live without it

on 11/12/2016 1:11:00 PM

NOTHING CAN BEAT THIS! It's my go-to lip treatment in this winter. My lips have never been this dry and chapped before so i even scrubbed it everyday like crazy just to see if it could not-get-chapped-just-for-one-day, but hell no, and i also felt like no lipbalm could cure my terrible lips. Nuxe, beeswax, lanolin, nothing worked. I became hopeless so i just grabbed vaseline and put it randomly on my lips. And it worked like miracles! It melted and slided on my lips like butter, and it keep my lips moistured for all day long and even made they look soft and a little bit rosy-coloured which is a healthy sign of lip. I didn't have to reapply it during daytime, once is just enough! About worries around lip darkening effect, petrolium DOES make skin absorb UVB more quickly, so it's better to apply this at night or just make sure to apply it under a SPF-contained lipstick. ❤️

on 12/16/2016 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a must have in every household

on 7/15/2016 7:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I think Vaseline is my newest obsession. In the past I would try and find the perfect moisturizer - nothing was good all year round- I would have to buy one just for summer, one just for winter. Vaseline is perfect for all year round. Of course during the summer you may have to apply less than winter, but I use it right after I wash my face and after I take a shower. I apply it almost immediately after drying. I think that it prevents my face from wrinkles and fine lines. At first I thought it felt heavy but the more you use, your skin gets used to it and absorbs right in. The key to foundation is to apply the powder right after too. I've been using it on my feet too and noticed improvement.

It's become a substitution for any moisturizer I've ever owned.

on 8/23/2016 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Vaseline is a great occlusive if you need one. I can't spread it over my face, because my oily skin disagrees with strong occlusives. However, I will not take off lippies for that, since it depends on your skin. It is meant as an occlusive and is one of the best products for that. So for being a great occlusive, it gets 5 lippies. It is a cheap product that is a good staple to have around the house.

A lot of people with dry skin love it as an occlusive to seal in their moisturizer. I use it as a protectant when applying protects that I don't want to get anywhere else. For example, I use it on my eyebrows when applying a self tan. I also apply it on my lips and nasal folds if I ever use a strong, rinse off version of a chemcial exfoliate (AHA/BHA). I dye my hair at home and it is great to put over the ears and parts of hairline to prevent dye from getting there. In the morning, before I wash my face, I use a little bit of vaseline mixed with sugar as a DIY lip scrub (gets all the flakes off). It is also great to put over a cut. It helps with the healing the cut, by keeping it covered. However, it does trap heat, so I wouldn't use it over burns (use aloe vera instead). There are so many uses for it if you need a occlusive for whatever random reason.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Is it true that I can use it to make my fragrances last longer?

This stuff is magical I use it throughout the winter it works as a barrier between your skin and makeup and it gives you a flawless dewy finish Marilyn Monroe loved it as well so.... Gotte be good for something right? Haha