Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder

Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
LM secret brightening powder / undercover duoLaura Mercier Secret Brightener #2

4.2

on 10/24/2016 4:53:00 PM

I have difficulty preventing my under eyes from creasing and I have heard so many good reviews on this product. I do like the brightening look it gives but no matter what concealer I use, I end up creasing and looking very dry. I wouldn't recommend buying this product if you have that issue as well

on 10/17/2016 10:32:00 AM

I gave into the hype and bought this. I'm a high end cosmetics addict and bought most of the products that were hyped in the last 5 years, like the Cle de Peau concealer, dipbrow from ABH, fix plus, you name it. The thing with these hyped products is that there's no guarantee. Some are great like the hoola bronzer or Becca highlighters, some suck like the YSL Touche Eclat blur perfector and some are 'whatever', like the Cle de Peau concealer(the $ though!). This powder is in the 'whatever' category. It doesn't illuminate anything. It's simply not super mattifying and it has a slight white cast. I don't call that illuminating. I'm NC20, so the white cast doesn't look very stark on me, but if you have medium to dark skin, I would imagine it would look weird. I don't like the powder I use under my eyes to be white, because I use a salmon concealer and this is defeating the purpose of using a salmon color, since after i use the powder on top of it, it looks white-ish. Also, my concealer still creases and my eye area looks dry. There's nothing at all special about this powder, first ingredient is talc anyway. Absolutely nothing. You can replace it with any loose powder, especially if it has a bit of reflective propreties. I personally use a peach coloured powder from Givenchy that's very finely milled and keeps my concealer color salmony and it works great. I'll try to use this on my face instead, so it's not totally wasted.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love this stuff! Who knew there was a powder to put over the concealer? I've been using a heavier concealer for the past year (oh, getting older....). This made any mascara or under-eye makeup run and disappear. I bought this online on a whim, and was pleasantly surprised that not only did it not crease, it looked very natural and I could again wear eyeliner and mascara. Great product!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I'm not entirely sure why I ever bought this, but it sat around in a drawer for a long time before I decided to start using up a lot of my unused products. I didn't notice much difference from using this just under my eyes - it's not something I need, apparently, and maybe that's why I never bothered with it. I figured I'd try using it as a setting powder for my foundation just to use it up, and I actually really like it. It's very finely-milled with a very subtle shimmery glow that gives me that "lit from within" look while also making my skin look smoother and more flawless than usual (and my skin's not flawless). It's not too intense but also not super subtle and it may not be for everyone and not for every day, but I do love the look.

on 6/10/2016 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This product is simply amazing! I was traumatized when Benefit got rid of their powderflauge and I was in need of a replacement fast. Based on the reviews here I decided to buy this product and I have never looked back! It doesn't settle into fine lines, it brightens under my eyes and it locks in my eyeliner and bottom mascara so it doesn't run in the summer. I recommend this product to anyone and everyone no matter your skin type or age. Seriously, don't walk, run to the nearest store and buy this ASAP! Holy grail for sure, it will change your life!

on 6/5/2016 4:23:00 PM

I got the powder for Christmas 2015 and it is my most used present. After I finish foundation and concealer I use my beauty blender to pack the powder under my eyes, on my chin, and on the bridge of my nose. I do not know how the powder does it, but my foundation suddenly looks smooth and as close to flawless as I've seen. The packaging is the same as most powders. It's in a pot with a cap with holes in it and you pour the product into the lid. I always end up pouring too much product which is not the best, but I can usually get most of the product back into the pot, but I always have the powder fly into the air when I put the lid on. The other negative is that it is expensive! But it seems to be lasting me. I will say though that I do not where makeup everyday. I would say the pros of the powder our way the cons. This is a definite repurchase.

on 1/29/2016 11:34:00 PM

I like to use this powder to set my under eye area and brighten it up for that awake effect. It does cast a white powdery look in flash photography tho, so I'd be careful. Its very soft and finely milled. No scent to this product.

on 1/30/2016 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product does not work for me.
I used it under my eyes to set my concealer, however, i do not like it.
It said it is a secret brightening powder, it does not brightening for sure!!!
Plus it does not set your concealer well, this product is just a huge turndown for me.

on 3/17/2016 1:57:00 PM

I really like this powder, it does what it claims. I do notice a slight brightening effect under my eyes (I also use Becca's under eye brightening cream). It doesn't crease my concealer and overall I'm satisfied with this product. It is a relatively small jar but a little goes a long way. I haven't tried it out with flash photography yet but rumor has it, it does give off a white cast. I would repurchase :)

For the price of this product and the small amount I expected something better. I felt that it didn't stop my undereyes from creasing at all and added no brightening effect whatsoever. I much prefer the bare minerals translucent powder. You get a lot more for less money and it sets my undereye soooo much better than this powder.