Crabtree & Evelyn Rosewater Hand Therapy

Crabtree & Evelyn Rosewater Hand Therapy

4.2

on 1/31/2011 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have normal hands so I never needed a hand cream. Also, I don't like the greasy slippery feeling of hand cream on my fingers. However, the Rosewater Hand Therapy is different.

I received the Rosewater bath set for my birthday and this is my first exerience with Crabtree & Evelyn. I love the rose scent and my hands are left feeling so smooth & soft for a really long time.

A little goes a long way. I applied it on my dry parched feet & toes and they feel so moist, smooth, soft and beautifully scented. Love this product!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This was my first "big girl" cosmetic product. I remember going into the Crabtree & Evelyn shop and buying this with a little bit of reluctance. I think I spent 10$ on the small one and right after I walked out, I felt so guilty. I'm young, so money is a treasure! After a while, I got over it and realized that it was a pretty good product.

I thought that this was an amazing hand lotion. It's really nice and moisturizing, and my hands are very dry. It's a little slippery at first (I gave some to my classmate who sits beside me LOL and he said he couldn't hold his pencil well) but it goes into your skin and you get baby soft hands! It's amazing.

Maybe it's because of my age but I thought that sometimes the rose scent smelled slightly like funerals? Idk, there's something about the smell of roses/flowers that just always smelled so old/funeral-y to me. It's probably because I'm very young. My mom loved the scent of it, and I know my friend's mom did as well.

Overall, the product was really good. But I had one problem - THE PACKAGING!

I was totally pleased with the product but being very busy with school, it was just tossed in my backpack and when I had nothing to do or my hands were so dry they hurt, I took the effort to grab it and put some on. One day, I opened the pocket I tossed it in and I could smell some kind of flowery/rosey scent and I wondered if it was my lotion.

I dug out all the things and saw that there was lotion all over my backpack and things! Lotion got on my calculator and it was just everywhere. It wasn't hard to clean up but it was sort of troublesome. My backpack wasn't expensive or anything, but I could imagine older women having the same experience with more expensive bags like Coach or Juicy - and that's clearly a problem.

I realized there was a HOLE on the packaging. I thought that was the oddest thing ever, but maybe I lugged it around too much.

Overall, it's a good product, but if you're someone like me who would just toss it in, it's not worth to buy. Maybe moving it to a better/sturdier packaging would be a good idea. I had to throw the tube away and I still had about half of it. It felt like such a waste.

on 11/14/2010 10:59:00 AM

This is a luxurious hand cream with a light, rosey scent. It absorbs well into the skin. My only complaint is the packaging. It's a bit cumbersome to get in and out, with the screw-top lid. I find myself not reaching for it as much because it's difficult to open with greasy hands. Wish it had a pump! I'll still repurchase though.

I love this! It feels really luxurious. I don't have dry skin, but this feels light and moisturizing. It's not greasy at all and leaves your hands velvety soft and touchable. I like putting this on because feels good, the packaging is classy and the rosewater scent is calming and has a pure, homely, scent. Reminds me of old flower gardens.
*I got this as a gift so I can't really speak for the price

on 6/22/2010 1:59:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This cream absorbs nicely, and doesn't make my hands feel greasy. It's got shea butter in it, and smells very close to real roses. My husband has bought me the small tubes (great for purse) and has lately gotten me the big one, which is great for applying before bed or after washing dishes. I love it!

on 9/14/2010 4:34:00 PM

The smell is good. It has very soft lotion which can be absorbed by skin very quickly.

It does not moisturizing enough though. I also do not like the tube package. It is so hard to squeeze when quantity is low.

on 2/8/2010 9:34:00 AM

I like the smell and package, and how silky it feels. But its not really moisturizing enough for my hands...

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

I love love LOVE this stuff. My hands don't usually get particually dry so I find its moistrizing qualities to be perfect for me. I also love how it doesn't leave your hands greasy....something I can't stand in others. This cream however gets completely soaked up. As for the smell, it's pleasent and not to over-powering.

on 3/1/2010 6:38:00 PM

I got this as a gift. In fact, I regularly get C&E products as gifts (my grandma likes to shop there) and I have to say that Rosewater is the only scent I like. Most of the others are too soapy for my liking, but Rosewater just smells fantastic.

The packaging is really innovative, too - like a paint tube. It's really cool.

I find that this gives the best moisture, without being sticky, of any hand cream I've tried. I usually only wear it to go out, though - I want to save it up for when others will be around to see how nice I smell!

on 3/2/2010 5:42:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I actually like the scent of this, but I thought this was a bit too expensive(it was around 14euros). It makes my hands moisturized for a while, but after about an hour I need to reaply... If I aply this in school or in my workdesk all the dirt sticks to my hands too. I don't know, the stuff I usually use(Nivea or OLIV) don't do that so I was really suprised first
I wouldn't repurchase because this product isn't moisturizing enough for me

Popular Lotions / Creams