LUSH Daddyo shampoo

LUSH Daddyo shampoo
Daddyo shampooDaddyo shampoo

3.4

Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Alkyl Sulfate, Toothed Wrack Seaweed Infusion (Fucus serratus), Fresh Sea Water (Aqua), Cocamide DEA, Cocamide MEA, Perfume, Glycol Cetearate, Fresh Lime Juice (Citrus limetta), Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia), Cananga Oil (Cananga odorata), *Limonene, *Linalool, Coumarin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Colour 61585, Colour 18050

on 12/2/2015 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I looked at reviews before buying this product and then asked about it to the girl at lush, i bought the small bottle to try it, i have processed hair and i was looking for a purple/blue shampoo to get the brassy tones out without damaging the hair even more.

The product smells really good, it has a fresh fruity smell and the texture is runny so you can apply it pretty well, it's easy to wash and pretty good to clean off of the skin (unlike other purple shampoos), overall i liked it at first sight.

Which surprised me was that it was a warmer violet color than other purple shampoos i've tried, i left it for five minutes the first time i used it and then rinsed it off, my hair had turned an orangy blonde, not so brassy but not a colder tone as i wanted and expected, i really hated it because it looked like a washed out pink/orange color.

I've also tried leaving the shampoo for just one minute but it still doesn't get the yellow undertones out it just masks them with a pinkier tone.

Also it's a very drying product, if it's useful to you colorwise i still wouldn't recommend using it every time you wash your hair (one time a week tops), unless your hair is really really oily and healthy you will have to use a mask afterwards.

I was even more surprised a few weeks later when a friend of mine gave me a lush mask as a gift and a free sample of daddy'o, i looked at the shampoo and it was blue, i compared it to the one i had at home and they were completely different colors, this one was way colder, i tried it on a strand of my hair and it worked really well, just like i expected it to do the first time i tried the product.

So.. I don't know if the girl from lush made a mistake, if the color changes depending of the batch they make or what but the product is way too expensive for this.

on 7/26/2015 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

So i bought only the small size cuz tbh i didn't think it'll work as well as full of chemicals purple shampoos would and this is way better than most of chemically purple shampoos and smells delightfully

on 5/19/2015 6:36:00 PM

i actually used this shampoo once when traveling with a friend who has blond hair and i forgot my shampoo and used this
as i am a brunette, i nvr thought of getting this shampoo
but after using it i went and bought me a bottle
it made my hair shiny and soft

I went into Lush yesterday and one of the sales girls was telling me how great my blonde looked on me and really recommended Daddy-O. I have used other brands purple shampoos and they worked great, so I gave it a go. My hair was very blonde because I had done silver/ grey hair about a month ago. Before I bought the product the girl had given me a demo and it smelled great, looked great, the whole deal. She told me how to use it and it was just like any other purple shampoo you just wash your hair with it or leave it in for about 5-10 minutes then wash out. When I got home I got in the shower and used it just as the girl and bottle said. I evenly distributed the product all over my head and it looked very purple just as in the bottle. Within 1-2 minutes I checked my hair and the product looked pink. I looked at my ends and tried to rub the product out and it wouldn't come off. I immediately washed the rest out of my hair and looked in the mirror. My hair was the ugliest shades of pink. It looked like I had faded out pink hair, not even a good pink. I was so pissed. If I wanted pink hair I would have dyed my hair pink. I hopped back in the shower and washed my hair honestly maybe 10 times. When I got most of the pink out I let my hair dry and noticed that my hair was 20x's brassier than it was to start with. It left my hair feeling dry as if I had just bleached it again. I don't know if I should try it again, but in the wash out meathod. From this experience I would not reccomend to anyone of you have a processed blonde.

on 5/21/2015 10:32:00 PM

I do like this product as its smells lovely & it actually does help keep my hair bright, and the blonde ends of my hair untarnished.

However, I think for shampoo it's really expensive. It also gives me dandruff - which is very frustrating. Once you've washed your hair with it, your hair will feel really dry, like hay!!! I use American Cream conditioner after, which adds the moisture back in. Together for the pair I paid over 30 which I think is really expensive for shampoo and conditioner. Think I'll stick to the cheap stuff!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I used to use this product all the time. I wanted a more natural alternative to the harsher, chemical-filled purple shampoos that are currently on the market, and so when I heard about Daddy O I went straight to Lush to purchase it. The first thing I noticed is that it has a very strong floral scent, basically it reeks of violets. It's quite lovely, actually, my entire shower smelled of flowers for an hour after I got out. The shampoo brightened up my hair, and - most importantly - didn't leave my ends dry and split. What impressed me the most about Daddy O is just how well it lathers, it's rather thin in texture and with one second of rubbing your hands it's completely lathered and goes on the hair very smoothly. I haven't gotten around to buying another one after I ran out, but I think I will try to repurchase soon, it's a very good shampoo.

on 12/20/2014 12:55:00 PM

My hair is naturally medium/dark brown and I use Body Art Quality henna on it to tint the grays (I'm about 5%-10% gray). Body Art Quality Henna is potent stuff, darkening your hair with red tones, and the color you get depends on what color your hair is to start with. My hair, since it's brown, tends to go auburn, which does not look good on me, so I mix the henna with cassia for a more coppery, natural looking color. However, this can turn the grays a little too orange-y, so I've been looking at color shampoos to try to remedy this.

Daddy-o is probably the 4th color shampoo I gave tried. It's bright purple in color, and comes in 3 sizes. I bought the 3.3 ounce size, which costs about $10. It's runny, but easy enough to manage if you just dip your fingers into it after you pour it into the palm of the opposite hand. It spreads easily, and I do not have issues with lathering, but I do use a different shampoo on the first wash, so that helps. The directions don't say to leave it in, but I leave it in for about a minute. It rinses fine, and I use a conditioner from another company and my hair detangles easily, but this doesn't tangle my hair too much to begin with. After drying, my hair is soft and shiny, and the bright orange/ red tones are toned down a little to give me a pretty, shiny brown. The effect is very subtle.

I do like this shampoo very much. To me it smells like a spicy floral 80s shampoo, not exactly like violet. Maybe a hint of violet? I asked my husband and he says he does not smell violet, just "clean hair". The smell is strong, so I would recommend smelling it in the store before buying. I think it smells better than Clairol Shimmer Lights, and I don't get the shedding and tangling like I do from sulfate free ones, like Tressa Watercolors or Claypac. It's expensive, and if you decide to go with a bigger bottle or you don't think you will use it within 6 months or so, I would recommend keeping it in the fridge since Lush products tend to go rancid before the expiration dates, I have found. Overall, I really like this shampoo.

on 1/14/2015 5:12:00 AM

I would be devastated if this product was ever discontinued! I stopped dying my hair blonde a few years ago and let it all grow out to natural and this stuff just makes my hair shine :) I mean really shine. It brings out all the natural tones of the hair. I can see natural blonde streaks that I used to have when I was little. Makes my hair look really healthy and shiny and seems to keep the greasy feeling away. You only need a little bit as a little goes a long way.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This product wrecked my hair. Seriously. My hair was damaged from bleaching before I used it, but it wasn't too bad. After a few washes, my hair was like straw! And that's with using a good conditioner and mask! The toning properties were terrible as well, they did nothing to counteract my yellowness.

I think this product would please someone who hasn't used many purple shampoos before, but I think I'll stick to higher end shampoos from now on. You can really tell the difference.

If you used this everyday it will dry out your hair like it did mine. After i went to my hairstylist and told her why my hair was so dry she told me use this shampoo once a week and leave it in your hair for 5 minutes then rinse. I'm on my second bottle, using it the right way now and im happy.

Popular Shampoos