Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Titanium Dioxide 5.0%, Zinc Oxide 5.0%. Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Phytantriol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Boron Nitride, Glycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Panax Ginseng (Ginseng) Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Camelia Oleifera) Leaf Extract, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499)

I stumbled across this in the 1 shop of all places after going to buy some cotton buds.

I don't usually wear a tinted moisturizer on the skin but I'm going on holiday next month and wanted something to even up my face color whilst I'm away as I only tan my body not my face. They only had one shade in stock which was 'warm' but for 1 I figured I could take the risk.

Review in bullet points:

Consistency: A little runny for my liking, but you only need a tiny amount (unfortunately I should have checked the color in the shop as its far too dark for me) so I'm currently using it as a bronzer on my cheeks and temples.

Smell: Smells of vanilla to me, very subtle once applied the smell completely fades.

Price: As mentioned I got this for a 1 - I'm assuming its been discontinued as its not on their website - but for what I'm using it for it'll last me forever!

Coverage: None that I can tell - I bought it to give me a bit of a bronzed look, which it certainly does - also leaves me looking fresh and dewy!

Overall: Very impressed with this - don't think I would of bought at the normal Stila tinted moisturizer full price of (about 20) but if you can get a cheap then I'd snap it up!

If I ever get the chance to use it as a tinted moisturizer (don't think my body will ever go that brown) then I'll post an update.

I have been wearing this for years under a mineral powder. The colour is perfect on my skin and it lasts well. I use it mostly for the SPF rating (which is now higher) as most pure sun creams break me out.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I Love Love Love this! I used to be a big fan of MAC but I have decided that...... MAC is wack! I have normal skin and I really dont need much coverage @ all! I decided to try this and it is perfect for me! I like bronze I get a great sun-kissed dewy glow and it's perfect. Older women like my mom (no I am not calling her old but she is older than me) seem to prefer a more matte kinda funeral home/ parlor looking makeup. If you prefer that look than this isn't for you. But if you want to look like you have been laying out on the beach all day and a little bit of water gave you a mist in the face, then this is the product for you!

It's sheer. If you don't want sheer coverage, don't buy a tinted moisturizer. I find this gives me a little coverage without looking fake, and that's what I want. The colour looks quite natural. I do have to use concealer on any problem areas, but that's not new, even with regular foundation.

One plus is the packaging. It's not as small as the Cargo foundation, but it's not glass, so it's quite easy to carry in my luggage (I travel a lot and travel-worthiness is important to me in my packaging).

I've been using this for years, but I will probably go for something more in the foundation category as my skin ages.

Ok, I bought this by mistake - I found it dirt cheap online and hurried to order, thinking I was ordering the Oil-Free version. Only after I have payed did I realize my mistake. I went here on MUA and read the reviews and panicked some more. This product is not receiving much love here. As for me, I have worn it 4 days straight before posting this review.
- I apply it in the morning, after toner and Boscia Refining Treatment - no moisturizer underneath.
- I follow up with a mattifying powder and I am good to go.

It does go on a little thick, but the amount can be controlled very well, no one has to worry about applying to much by mistake. The coverage is sheer as the name implies, it will not cover red spots and blemishes. It does however give the skin a nice uniform and natural look, dewy not mate and also does not sink into pores. On the contrary - to me they seem less obvious.
By lunch time a get a little shiny - 4-5 hours after applying it, and I blot two or three times. True enough, this happens with whatever I have on my face. By the end of the day my makeup looks pretty much how it did in the morning.

I wanted a tinted moisturizer because I really like the natural look, and having combination skin, I was also trying to eliminate the sunscreen from my morning ritual, at least now during the winter. This one fit the bill, I have it in the color Bare and it suits me very well, maybe just a little bit lighter then my skin type, but I prefer that (makes me look more rested). I have light skin but I do not fit with the real Fair skin types, nor with the ones who are Fair-Medium. I am somewhere in between(I do not know where I fit within the MAC color scheme).

So, to conclude, this tinted moisturized did what it promised: offered a sheer and natural coverage, it doesn't mattify but it does not contribute to the oil production, looks very well with a matte powder on top, and it did not clog my acne prone skin. I do realize that everyone is different, and I can see this is not for people with moderate to very oily skin - but if you can find it somewhere cheap, or order it by mistake :), give it a try. Who knows, it might just work for you. I will update if anything changes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm becoming less and less enchanted with this as time goes by. I really want to find a tinted moisturizer that I can wear on days when I don't really want to wear makeup. Though my skin is rather dry, I'm beginning to find that this product is waaaaay to oily. When it's on--even when I think I've blended it it well--it leave a shiny, greasy residue. I don't mind looking dewy, but this is really too much. Don't think I'll be repurchasing. Also, for what it's worth, it's impossible to tell what shade you've bought since the sticker or shade number is only listed on the product's box. How dumb is that?

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It's a tinted moisturizer so you are not going to get much coverage. But it does even out your skin tone a little. For any trouble spots you want to hide you have to use concealer. When my skin is looking good I use this instead of foundation so I can relieve putting heavy makeup on my skin. However, for the price you are paying for this I expect it to do more. You can hardly see a difference from before to after so why waste the money?

Snapped this up on sale @ Sephora for US$10, instead of US$38. I'm presuming that this precedes the recently reformulated "Oil Free" version (and I can literally see why-this one is shiny on my N/C skin). I have this in "Light" (SPF15) which isn't too hideously orange on my PPP skin. I was looking for something that wasn't foundation, but which would add a teensy bit of polish and moisturization to my face in a busy clinical setting, where OSHA regulations mandate us to keep our hands way from our faces while in all patient care areas. In addition, I still wanted to be able to layer a little of Covergirl's Clean, Oil Control Pressed Powder over this for everyday or Givenchy's Prisime Mat. This smells like sunscreen and looks rather glowy, even after it settles on my skin. Packaging is a bit on the clunky/chunky side, and I don't care much for the threaded lid, and the dispensing nozzle. Altogether, it reminds me rather a lot of Boots No 7 Sheer Tinted Moisturizer, only less orange, and it's definitely more of a liquid, than a cream. Overall, a standard product for daytime wear, yet, it is still far from being a standout nor signature 'star' product. But, hey, for $10, not a bad compromise at all, really.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I got this in the hope it would be nice for summer however I really don't like it. I know tinted moisturisers don't offer a lot of coverage but this one really is as it says, sheer! It had a nice cooling effect when I applied it but it basically went on like a layer of grease and sat on my skin. In the space of an hour or so it was a hot mess - all the colour seemed to just go to certain parts of my face. The packaging is nice, it feels sturdy and you can control how much product you get. The price was okay for me because I got it at a discounted price but I'd never pay full price for this! Personally I wouldn't buy this again. I'm not sure how much those with dry skin would like it either.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Good, light coverage. Bought this in lieu of their old One Step makeup. Very light but covers well enough. A bit greasy, but haven't found a foundation that isn't.