Ben Nye Ben Nye Cake Eyeliner

Ben Nye Ben Nye Cake Eyeliner
Ben Nye Cake Eyeliner in black

4.5

Talc, Propylene Glycol, CL No. 7704 (Kaolin), PEG-8, PVP, Choleth-24, Ceteth-24, Emulsifying wax, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

love this product i use ben nye final seal to set it and it last all day and no raccoon eyes ..

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

It's my favourite eyeliner right now. I've been applying it daily for about 6 months now. It's soo dark and it comes on and off nicely. It doesn't cake and I usually wear it from around 10 a.m. till like 10 p.m. at night. It's really black and really easy to put on in my opinion, kinda like liquid eyeliner but way nicer. The only downside is that it comes off in water like if I was crying it'll leave a black tear streak on my face and I can't apply it to my waterline :c but overall it's soo great, I probably just need to buy the BenNye LiquiSet to go with it. So far I've been using the Medusa Eyeliner Seal.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

All I can say is W.O.W.!!! After wearing eyeliner for 22 years, I have finally found my HG eyeliner, Ben Nye Cake Eyeliner in Black. Over the last 2 decades, I have used pencil, kohl, liquid, gel, cream, mousse and other cake eyeliners but none of them, none of them, come close to the results I get from Ben Nye’s Cake Eyeliner.

This eyeliner is quick drying, long wearing, is easy to control & apply, and after wearing this eye liner for a few months, I have never experienced any smudging, flaking, creasing or fading. I would swear this cake liner is made of powdered coal (although it isn’t) for it is the blackest black eyeliner that I have ever seen and used. The durability of this cake eyeliner is to die for because I can apply it on my un-primed oily (think, oil slick) eye lids and once this eyeliner dries it does not budge till I remove it and I love the dramatic look that I get once I apply this eyeliner. This cake eyeliner is a bargain for $6 for a 2 gram jar from eBay, however, I purchased the professional size 5.5 gram jar from eBay for $9 and with regular use this eyeliner will probably last me a couple of years since you only need a few swipes to line both eyes. I love this eyeliner!

As with all cake eyeliners, you have to get used to the application of the product and how wet to get the brush – by the way, IMO you should use an eyeliner sealer with all cake eyeliner products to get the full benefits of the liner. Also, if you have any experience using liquid liners, then the application of a cake eyeliner will be old hat once you apply it a couple of times – the same technique but a better product IMHO.

I can not sing the praises of this eyeliner loud enough, but suffice it to say, if you haven’t already tried this product, please do so immediately and you can thank me later for the referral.

Seriously, this is the best eyeliner out there. I like eyeliner, and I didn't discover this eyeliner until I was looking into doing makeup for other people for photo shoots. I'd always bought the expensive stuff, and usually liquid or cream eyeliners. Then I bought this, because the cake form makes it possible to keep things hygienic. I wasn't expecting much because it's so cheap (and lasts forever), but wow.... seriously. Wow. So good. So easy to apply. Beautifully pigmented. Cheap as hell.

It isn't waterproof if you just use it with water, but if you use it with a sealing liquid, it lasts forever. Amazing stuff. I wish I could get my money back from the years of overpaying for other eyeliners, from Loreal and MAC to Shu Uemura and Shiseido. This is all you need.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS PRODUCT I AM A TOTAL MAKEUP JUNKIE BUT FINDING THE PERFECT EYELINER HAS ALWAY BEEN A PROBLEM I DON'T USE PENCIL LINERS BECAUSE I HAVE SMALL EYE LIDS AND I WOULD ALWAYS WIND UP WITH A BLACK/BROWN LINE UNDER MY EYE BROW FROM MY PENCIL LINERS I READ SOME REVIEWS PURCHASE BEN NYES CAKE LINER AND I FELL IN LOOOOOOOOVE I MIX IT WITH MEDUSAS WATER RESISTANT EYELINER SEALANT AND USE THE BEN NYE EYELINER BRUSH AND WOW GREAT RESULTS!!!

When mixed with Ben Nye LiquiSet Mixing Liquid this eyeliner becomes water resistant and will remain as applied even if hot weather until you're ready to remove it.

Awesome value for money, goes on easily, precisely with MAC 210.

I uploaded 2 pics - the first one is in "brown" the second one is in "black".

This is honestly the very best eyeliner out there - forget fluidline and L'oreal HIP as long as you don't go swimming. It's a pitty the cake eyeliners are not waterproof but for every day work and school they are the best products out there because they are so extremely easy to apply and cover 100% in one application.

I just dipp my eyeliner brust into some water and then dry it a little on a paper towel - pick up some colour and I am ready to apply. Good things about this product - highly pigmented, can't dry out because its already pressed powder pigment :) therefore much much longer useable compared to fluid eyeliners that dry out quickly sometimes.

The black eyeliner applies similar to the NYX black eyeshadow that I used before as an eyeliner but the staying power of the cake eyeliners is much better especially in the inner eye corner area.

The brown colour is perfect for the natural more nude look - if you just want to intensify your eyes but not overdo them - that's the right colour for you girls. I used it with toast E/S and golden apricot E/S and it really is amazing nice and natural. You can really experiment with brown cake eyeliner - maybe just put on vanilla E/S and this eyeliner and some brown mascara and get a really nude nude beautiful look.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first cake liner and it is the best eyeliner I've ever used. I applied w/ a wet (just water) Sonia Kashuk bent liner brush and application was much easier then liquid or gel. It goes on a beautiful matte black and it lasts! I have super oily lids with a tiny Asian crease, so almost all liners smudge and leave ugly smudge marks on my upper crease. I tested this w/o primer or sealer and this lasted all day with only a tiny barely noticable smudge...LOVE IT!
*UPDATE* Tested it again on my bare lids applied with just water, but this time in warmer weather and it did melt on me a lil, but it wasn't terrible. Still love it.
*UPDATE2* It's been a couple months now and this has become my HG eyeliner! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

on 1/8/2009 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is the first time I've used a cake eyeliner, and I can tell you, it's far easier than cream, gel, liquid or pencil liners! I've used this water and with La Femme's Eye Sealant and both work great. It's extremely easy to control the thickness of the liner and perfect it without messing it up, because it's creamy and smooth. I use SK's bent eyeliner brush which gives me the greatest control. No points for not being WP as that was not my intention in buying this product. Lasts all day, no stinging, no crumbling, no flaking, no dullness to its finish.

Wow. Can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet! Thought I had....

Anyway, this is an aMAZing eyeliner. I can never do liquid liners quite right, but with a thin artist's brush (from a craft store!) and a drop of water, this stuff cannot be beat.

However, I use it every day with a small, tiny-tiny clinique brush I accidentally kept from something else by rubbing the brush back and forth DRY in the cake liner and then on my lids. It's a much softer look, which I need being super fair and blonde. The black liquid version of this is great, but not for daily wear. I love both options, though. I love this product so much, in fact, I just ordered the Eggplant version of this and will review it soon. Note - you can buy the Professional size of the black and brown cake liners for like 8 bucks and I feel confident it will truly last you years.